Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Norwich Playlist - What would be in yours?

Just stumbled across a site promoting EPL music playlists, never knew that such things existed: http://sportplaylists.com/premier-league-club-playlists-index

So, Clicked on the Norwich one, and see Ed Sheeran in it which made me choke.  And honestly, Other than 'On the ball', Song 2 and Samba most rarely mean anything to me in relation with the club or matchdays.

So, got me wondering what songs would be in your own personal Norwich playlist.  For me the strongest links are mainly nostalgic memories:-

1. Erasure - Blue Savannah (Can remember dancing to it before kick off in the Barclay while we were all getting warmed up)

2. Jam - Going Underground (Flashbacks with the lads on away trips, absolute anthem but would cause a ruckus wherever played)

3.  KWS - Please don't go (Takes me back to a live performance on the field pre-match, sure it was a live sky match and Herbie Hide came out too)

I mean, maybe this isn't a thing at all?  Interesting to see if there's some same songs that a few people relate to the club though.

The War Inside by Switchfoot... someone used it on a Grant Holt highlights vid on youtube and it reminds me of those days every time I hear it now!

Since the first Farke title Waterfall by the Stone Roses has become synonymous with us for me.

It must have been a pre-match regular from when I was little because Jump by Van Halen instantly triggers memories of being at Carrow Road whenever I hear that.

36 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Get a grip on yourself- the Stranglers 

What a track that is, love it.  I'm thinking that perhaps we need a pinkun playlist with some of these suggestions!  Get some MC Hammer in there for the young'uns who like their 'Grime'. 🙂

Some Girls by Racey reminds me of a ruckus in the away end at QPR in the early 80's for some bizarre reason.

Also, I would get very excited if they played a punk song at Carrow Road in the late 70's. Which wasn't very often sadly.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

Great childhood memories of Oasis - Acquiesce being in the pre-match playlist at Carrow Road around the turn of the millennium until maybe 2004/2005? As well as Van Halen - Jump as someone else mentioned above.

19 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I think I remember us walking out to guitar intro of One Vision when we won promotion to Premier League with Worthy?

Haha, really?  That sounds like something played at a Microsoft conference in Scarborough.