Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Onelllll Hernandeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz!

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://streamja.com/N3GZ7

World class goal, give him the Ballon d'Or already

Love Hernandez’s enthusiasm, but cringing just a little at him waving his shirt about in the air like he’s just done an aguerooooo when really it was an absolute howler from the keeper… 😆 unless he’s celebrating sarcastically in which case top drawer work! 

Slight shades of when he pulled a goal back at home versus Man United to make it 1-3 and tried giving the United fans stick. 

Meanwhile, Vrancic had a penalty saved against Barnsley and there was apparently a proper bench-emptying brawl at the end.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Meanwhile, Vrancic had a penalty saved against Barnsley and there was apparently a proper bench-emptying brawl at the end.

Not a brawl really, just the usual pushing and shoving panto.

Vrancic playing a key role for a good championship side is nice to watch. Glad he's finally no longer the super sub.

Also WIlliam Hondermaark came on for Barnsley, if it's the same guy I'm sure he was in our youth team over the last couple of years.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not a brawl really, just the usual pushing and shoving panto.

Vrancic playing a key role for a good championship side is nice to watch. Glad he's finally no longer the super sub.

Also WIlliam Hondermaark came on for Barnsley, if it's the same guy I'm sure he was in our youth team over the last couple of years.

It was indeed that Hondermarck. There had been reports that Dean Holden had been hit with a punch, but not much footage. None at all on Sky's highlights, which is disappointing.

There was justice that Vrancic's penalty was saved as it was a dreadful dive from the Stoke striker to get it. VAR would definitely have caught that.

I saw an article in, I think, the local Stoke  paper about how much they rated Mario.

Makes a nice change for a couple of our players to go on to do well elsewhere. Most sink without trace. I still miss Onel though. ❤️

Happy for Onel, needed to rediscover some form and I hope he finds it at 'Boro so he can get back to enjoying his football. Has a tough gig here now with Rashica, Tzolis and Sargent coming in so made sense for him to get out and play, did really well for us in the past so hoping he can do well for himself at Boro

12 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Love Hernandez’s enthusiasm, but cringing just a little at him waving his shirt about in the air like he’s just done an aguerooooo when really it was an absolute howler from the keeper… 😆 unless he’s celebrating sarcastically in which case top drawer work! 

Slight shades of when he pulled a goal back at home versus Man United to make it 1-3 and tried giving the United fans stick. 

But it was his first goal in well over 18 months - after an injury hit season. 

43 minutes ago, g00se said:

But it was his first goal in well over 18 months - after an injury hit season. 

Mmmm yeah that's true, but the keeper kicked it straight to him... Not sure I'd have celebrated it like that anyway and I'm really really bad at football.

48 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Whats not to like about Onel ?

End product at the higher levels

Otherwise.. 💯 🧨

Edited by GenerationA47

Bare in mind his reaction to visiting Argos, I wonder how he's found the experience of working under an old-school British manager like Warnock.

You couldn't really get any different than Farke, I could just imagine the first day changing in front of the gaffer and being asked in a Yorkshire accent "A ****ing canary? Why the f**k you got that bag of s***e on your arm for?". 

Much to the amusement of the dressing room, of course.  Onel strikes me as someone who'd enjoy that environment.