Crabbycanary3

Sam McCallum scores

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

for QPR tonight, and with his wrong foot.

That is all

QPR look decent so far, expect them to get something tonight even though they’re losing at the minute. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Bournemouth looked very good in the first half too. Think they'll be bouncing back this season.

with Billing looking lively as well.

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

with Billing looking lively as well.

Solanke too. Interesting to know if he's found his confidence or just found his level. 

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Solanke too. Interesting to know if he's found his confidence or just found his level. 

I guess this can only be judged over a sustained period. He's certainly taking his time so far in his career

I'd forgotten about McCallum and needed to investigate him in order to catch up.

Wiki says that we paid £3.5m for him, which, if true, is some wedge for a youngster.

I realise that such signings are a fundamental part of our strategy and that not all will come off, but somebody seems to have got a bit carried away there, as there seem few indications that he is progressing towards our set-up. I suppose a step-up from League 1(Coventry) to the Championship is progress.

Let's hope that reported fee includes add-ons or that the signing is eventually justified in some way. He's still young, but not the youngest, being two years older than Mumba and one year older than Brandon Williams.

I suspect a permanent move to QPR being the intention now.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

44 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'd forgotten about McCallum and needed to investigate him in order to catch up.

Wiki says that we paid £3.5m for him, which, if true, is some wedge for a youngster.

I realise that such signings are a fundamental part of our strategy and that not all will come off, but somebody seems to have got a bit carried away there, as there seem few indications that he is progressing towards our set-up. I suppose a step-up from League 1(Coventry) to the Championship is progress.

Let's hope that reported fee includes add-ons or that the signing is eventually justified in some way. He's still young, but not the youngest, being two years older than Mumba and one year older than Brandon Williams.

I suspect a permanent move to QPR being the intention now.  

I would think the £3.5m is with all the add ons. McCallum is still very young so might be ripe and ready to come into our squad next season when Williams goes back and/or Mourinho has another look at Dimi...

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I would think the £3.5m is with all the add ons. McCallum is still very young so might be ripe and ready to come into our squad next season when Williams goes back and/or Mourinho has another look at Dimi...

He's an interesting one because he was one of the biggest transfer fees at the time that he signed, so I'm intrigued to see what his future is.

He's played consistently for both Cov and QPR (since recovering from his injury) and the managers seem to like him so hopefully he can step up for us.