Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Posting on the Pinkun

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

There’s a little clique on here that think they’re untouchable.

I totally agree with that comment though! back of the net! 

Sort yourselves out people. I don't understand why this has descended into bickering about something that happened years ago. This was your opportunity for a love in "you're best", "no you're the best" etc. Stop it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't have an agenda here. I can't imagine what my agenda would be on this. But I do have a record of a post from Joe Ferrari on that message-board dated  March 6 2011 saying this:

I have yet again had to spend time removing several posts from regular users who should know better containing inappropriate language. You will note the very pleasing emergence of our @norwichcityfc official twitter service and the Club is currently actively considering other social networking possibilities for our supporters.

In the light of this, and also because of the dwindling numbers of users of this bulletin board set against the disaproportionate amount of time required to monitor it, we may well close down this board in the near future.

If this is something you really don't want to see happen, then you'll have to persuade us that you can refrain from posting inappropriate material and engage in good healthy debate and chats about NCFC and footy. Material published on here by users is our legal responsibility and therefore we will close it down if we're unhappy with the level of unacceptable material.

I would hopefully look to some of the long-term, regular posters to help 'self-police' this board by discouraging others from posting offensive material - sadly some of them are the worst culprits!

Thanks,

Joe

Bowkett and McNally joined the club in 2009, so they were certainly at the club when the message-board was shut down, and not only at the club but very much in charge.

Maybe it seemed like that long ago as I stopped using it a number of years ago! 

however Joe’s opening line does somewhat back up my initial post 

thanks PC 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I think in the light of Lakey's comments your post says so much more about you than anyone else. 

Point...................................................................................................................................................Missed. Again. 

Night. 

We are all represented by what we post. Something you should perhaps try harder to remember. 👍

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Sort yourselves out people. I don't understand why this has descended into bickering about something that happened years ago. This was your opportunity for a love in "you're best", "no you're the best" etc. Stop it.

You do know where you are right?

• Haha 2

Before this forum, I seem to recall a multi platform one that linked in to every other team, but I can't remember much detail, and my memory is sketchy. There used to be a great poster on it, and we would both wind up the Binners.

His username was Copernicus, and by his style I thought he might have migrated over here with a different name, but that was a lot of years ago...

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

4 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Before this forum, I seem to recall a multi platform one that linked in to every other team, but I can't remember much detail, and my memory is sketchy. There used to be a great poster on it, and we would both wind up the Binners.

His username was Copernicus, and by his style I thought he might have migrated over here with a different name, but that was a lot of years ago...

Wasn't Rivals.net was it?

At least we know now that Lakey is a grass, there was nothing wrong with Morty, wore his heart on his sleeve , didn’t suffer fools 

as a result of his ban Lakey is allowed to go around posting his nonsense with impunity 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

At least we know now that Lakey is a stand up guy, there was nothing wrong with Morty that EST wouldn't cure, wore his trousers rolled up because he's short , didn’t suffer from friends,

without a   ban , i am allowed to go around posting this nonsense with impunity .

😉😇👍sorted!!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Totally by chance I came across this post from Cam's daughter. In the interests of not provoking even more trouble on this thread I have deleted the names of the posters referred to:

Poor old Dad has been banned either by the mighty Web Team Pete or one of his acolytes but as a supporter of Norwich City with all the stuff from the gift shop to prove it I can say that he has survived that.  He did not have an email telling him he had been banned but as he pointed out that would be too much to expect from Archant.  He also asked me to state that Archant are more than twice in debt than Norwich City which they managed to hide in the business section.

He sends his good wishes to …….....….. and ………............ who, for some reason, he regards as a beacon of light among what he otherwise thinks is a bunch of completely rural plonkers, pleasant though the location is.  He regrets that .........……… has not yet grasped the concept of graphics but thinks that down to Ofsted's criticism of the Norfolk provision for ESN.  He also thinks that the …………………….. chap has never run a business in his life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I've just had a delve through some of his last threads, a bit eerie reading them back knowing what followed - something feels off about it all:

Rowett - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums

St Andrews Hall. - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums

Who killed Mr Burns (morty)?

Oh god. The St Andrews Hall thread is new levels of cringe 😂

• Haha 1

I started posting as I thought I would get footballing insights from some of the brightest minds out there and to feel the brotherly love of fellow City fans...after a couple of minutes I realised I was in the wrong place but carried on posting anyway to mostly kill time at work. 🤣

Apples

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Mr Apples said:

I started posting as I thought I would get footballing insights from some of the brightest minds out there and to feel the brotherly love of fellow City fans...after a couple of minutes I realised I was in the wrong place but carried on posting anyway to mostly kill time at work. 🤣

Apples

Hahaha. I joined when I was a kiddie, like 14 years old, and in true geek style had taken a real interest in tactics and had started to read books related to such, and thought it'd be cool to chat amongst others on here about the same, as at the ground it was always "GET IT FURRWARRRD", then when we did and nothing happened.. "WHAT YOU JUST BOOTIN' IT FUR!!".

Unfortunately, the conversations at the ground matches those on here for the most-part 😂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hahaha. I joined when I was a kiddie, like 14 years old, and in true geek style had taken a real interest in tactics and had started to read books related to such, and thought it'd be cool to chat amongst others on here about the same, as at the ground it was always "GET IT FURRWARRRD", then when we did and nothing happened.. "WHAT YOU JUST BOOTIN' IT FUR!!".

Unfortunately, the conversations at the ground matches those on here for the most-part 😂

That last paragraph is a little pompous Hoggy. 

Cameldonum is another (ex) poster whose name just popped into my head 🤔

*probably because he was mentioned further up this thread. My bad.

Oh, I see he was discussed in depth Feb 2020, I didn't realise he'd passed.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't have an agenda here. I can't imagine what my agenda would be on this. But I do have a record of a post from Joe Ferrari on that message-board dated  March 6 2011 saying this:

I have yet again had to spend time removing several posts from regular users who should know better containing inappropriate language. You will note the very pleasing emergence of our @norwichcityfc official twitter service and the Club is currently actively considering other social networking possibilities for our supporters.

In the light of this, and also because of the dwindling numbers of users of this bulletin board set against the disaproportionate amount of time required to monitor it, we may well close down this board in the near future.

If this is something you really don't want to see happen, then you'll have to persuade us that you can refrain from posting inappropriate material and engage in good healthy debate and chats about NCFC and footy. Material published on here by users is our legal responsibility and therefore we will close it down if we're unhappy with the level of unacceptable material.

I would hopefully look to some of the long-term, regular posters to help 'self-police' this board by discouraging others from posting offensive material - sadly some of them are the worst culprits!

Thanks,

Joe

Bowkett and McNally joined the club in 2009, so they were certainly at the club when the message-board was shut down, and not only at the club but very much in charge.

I reckon it closed down very shortly after this - I seem to remember it closing before we actually got promoted. Looks like I started posting regularly on here around September 2011/start of the 11/12 season, which would make sense.

No knowledge on why, but there had been talk of Twitter, Facebook and other media etc for quite a while before it was culled, so certainly suspect it wasn’t just about Joe spending time deleting posts…

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Totally by chance I came across this post from Cam's daughter. In the interests of not provoking even more trouble on this thread I have deleted the names of the posters referred to:

Poor old Dad has been banned either by the mighty Web Team Pete or one of his acolytes but as a supporter of Norwich City with all the stuff from the gift shop to prove it I can say that he has survived that.  He did not have an email telling him he had been banned but as he pointed out that would be too much to expect from Archant.  He also asked me to state that Archant are more than twice in debt than Norwich City which they managed to hide in the business section.

He sends his good wishes to …….....….. and ………............ who, for some reason, he regards as a beacon of light among what he otherwise thinks is a bunch of completely rural plonkers, pleasant though the location is.  He regrets that .........……… has not yet grasped the concept of graphics but thinks that down to Ofsted's criticism of the Norfolk provision for ESN.  He also thinks that the …………………….. chap has never run a business in his life.

Wow, I'd missed that Cam was Watkins!  An ex-editor of The Sun.  Never showed it on here.  Remarkably balanced views!

15 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

I’ll tell you who it wasn’t - Lakey. 

15 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

And it was Lakey himself who told me that he had never reported a post on the Pink Un when we first met 

Thats aged well. 

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:
16 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

I’ll tell you who it wasn’t - Lakey. 

16 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

And it was Lakey himself who told me that he had never reported a post on the Pink Un when we first met 

Thats aged well. 

I met Leeds Canary well before I had the worst time.  I did, as I said, resort to using the report button - but only when things had gone too far for my own sanity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aggy said:

I reckon it closed down very shortly after this - I seem to remember it closing before we actually got promoted. Looks like I started posting regularly on here around September 2011/start of the 11/12 season, which would make sense.

No knowledge on why, but there had been talk of Twitter, Facebook and other media etc for quite a while before it was culled, so certainly suspect it wasn’t just about Joe spending time deleting posts…

I remember you on previous forum aggy 

• Like 1

Football Mad used to link in with other teams' fans. Daly was a member as well I think. It was quite good with Binner banter and runnings with Shef Utd thickos but just wasn't very user friendly.

On 16 September 2021 at 23:05, nutty nigel said:

When he started posting me and Arrdee used to imagine he was at a big oak desk musing over a large brandy night cap🙃

He always made a selection on Rays Funds but when I asked if he'd pick the final six he declined saying it should be for Norwich fans.

He was a good guy. 

He wound old Wiz up though. He said he was going to write an article in the Sunday paper about all the anti Delia stuff on here 😂

Cam was a warrior, and out of rather morbid fascination as much as respect I went to his funeral in a little RC church in Burnham-on-Crouch, where he had lived. I had had some quite cordial exchanges with him over a long period of time. It fascinated me that he could be witheringly sarcastic, but also kind and generous. I am sure he was not the curmudgeon he sometimes pretended to be and he did tend to fight the good fight. I also wanted to know if he had actually played in goal for Hereford United (I think it was Hereford) as he claimed. (Shame on me, for doubting it).

So there I was waiting for the the funeral to start, expecting half the Murdoch family, Andrew Neill, Piers Morgan, Paul Dacre, Bernard Ingham, Richard Desmond, Boris Johnson to turn up in their £3000 suits. I wish I could tell you that they all shipped into humble Burnham that day, but the truth is less satisfying. There were no more than 12 of us in that little church, and the eulogy from his daughter focused on his local work with the church and his efforts on behalf of the Hedgehog Protection League. 

Make of it what you will. I concluded that he was a quite private man who had a laugh at the world outside. Which itself is not a bad eulogy.

• Thanks 1