Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Posting on the Pinkun

Come on boys let’s play clean. Some loved Morty and some thought he was a Bobby Hunt of the highest order. Since the ban many of his ‘Close Friends’ have enjoyed a tiny snigger or two that he still operates on here. 

All things considered it should be time to lift any silly bans as they seldom serve purpose of any sort. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

ill answer you both together - the screen grab is to show that Dunc's comment of SDP not having time to read the forum and relying on people reporting posts wasnt correct. 

@Google Bot agree with your comment, that part was included for context. 

Anyways im sure others are bored with this, and as per Petes comment back then, "Just stay on topic" 

I didn’t say that Pete didn’t read the forum. I said he doesn’t have time to read every post on every thread.

You’ve been having this discussion for hours and now you want to “stay on topic”? 😂

I’m still wondering how you know other peoples memories, other peoples warnings and why Morty’s banning is so interesting for you?

Bizarre. I just can’t put my finger on why that would be. Maybe you miss him too. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I can't remember what the topic is we need to stay on...

Whatever it was, it’s now “Sad little cliques ganging up and grassing. Or do they…” 😉

Conversations do evolve, unfortunately. 

I've been on here since the start of the 2007/8 season: must have been something to do with Roeder no doubt that prompted the engagement.  Enjoyed First Wiz, whilst Morty's wind ups were interesting I hate his politics so don't miss him.  I do enjoy Purple's well thought through contributions and really like Bethnal's background knowledge and Parma's prose!  I miss Camulodunum and his third party type view.  Being an exile it's feeling the temperature that is most useful, it's not as twisted as Facebook pages.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

I miss Camulodunum and his third party type view

Crikey that's a name i've forget, didn't he initially join after the Chelmsford defeat to 'rub it in' a bit?  I liked him too.

Perhaps we need a forum cat.  I'll go check the back of the fields for a wild one...

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

No. Bowkett and McNally shut down the club's message-board. Ferrari was just the messenger trying to spin their decision, but he made it plain that certain posters there had given B&M the justification they needed to pull the plug, which was probably what they had always wanted to do anyway.

I’m sorry if this doesn’t fit in with your agenda but the official club message board was shut down a long time before their arrival 

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I’m sorry if this doesn’t fit in with your agenda but the official club message board was shut down a long time before their arrival 

Yup.......

9 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Not sure what Purple’s agenda is, other than to convince people he’s some sort of accountant savant.

Having said that, I would have guessed that the offy board was shut down earlier than he has said. As I remember it, it was increasingly inflammatory/unwise posts about what Delia was doing with the club finances that meant it was more trouble than it was worth.

30 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I've been on here since the start of the 2007/8 season: must have been something to do with Roeder no doubt that prompted the engagement.  Enjoyed First Wiz, whilst Morty's wind ups were interesting I hate his politics so don't miss him.  I do enjoy Purple's well thought through contributions and really like Bethnal's background knowledge and Parma's prose!  I miss Camulodunum and his third party type view.  Being an exile it's feeling the temperature that is most useful, it's not as twisted as Facebook pages.

Cam was the real deal. I think he was banned, the same petty posters were always on his case. He emailed me from time to time I still have them.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Genuinely sorry to hear that, Midlands. 

Not a problem, my only excuse for being on here in the first place😀 and praise the Lord forever he did. We can all trade insults and even a few below the belt but we should know when it’s a disqualification. That said FCUK a ban for anyone, we all support NCFC. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I don't have an agenda here. I can't imagine what my agenda would be on this. But I do have a record of a post from Joe Ferrari on that message-board dated  March 6 2011 saying this:

I have yet again had to spend time removing several posts from regular users who should know better containing inappropriate language. You will note the very pleasing emergence of our @norwichcityfc official twitter service and the Club is currently actively considering other social networking possibilities for our supporters.

In the light of this, and also because of the dwindling numbers of users of this bulletin board set against the disaproportionate amount of time required to monitor it, we may well close down this board in the near future.

If this is something you really don't want to see happen, then you'll have to persuade us that you can refrain from posting inappropriate material and engage in good healthy debate and chats about NCFC and footy. Material published on here by users is our legal responsibility and therefore we will close it down if we're unhappy with the level of unacceptable material.

I would hopefully look to some of the long-term, regular posters to help 'self-police' this board by discouraging others from posting offensive material - sadly some of them are the worst culprits!

Thanks,

Joe

Bowkett and McNally joined the club in 2009, so they were certainly at the club when the message-board was shut down, and not only at the club but very much in charge.

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Did something happen to him then? Feel worried now, as that reads like some kind of tribute - hope I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

#freemorty

i believe he is in solitary confinement on another forum. 

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Did something happen to him then? Feel worried now, as that reads like some kind of tribute - hope I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/former-sun-news-editor-alan-watkins-described-as-a-legend-in-the-industry-after-his-death-aged-74/

Like I said he was the real deal.👍

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I've just had a delve through some of his last threads, a bit eerie reading them back knowing what followed - something feels off about it all:

Rowett - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums

St Andrews Hall. - Main Discussion - Norwich City - The Pinkun Forums

Who killed Mr Burns (morty)?

That st Andrews link reads like same sheet different day. 

Lofty needs some new material...

Edited by nutty nigel

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Like I said he was the real deal.👍

OMG, that's shocked me.  I always thought he was a guy in his 20s, but I was only posting here when he first turned up so perhaps he became better known?.  He had such a youthfulness and cheek to him from what I remembered, and even though he talked about reporting I thought he was out of Uni and studying it.

That's sad to hear, but all the same interesting to see the 'real' person behind it all.  Can't believe that work around mad cow disease.  Thanks for the link, really appreciate it.

Funny enough, I watched the TV series Vikings few years and there was a monk called Athlestone on there and it made me think back to Cam posting... Not a clue why, just a bizarre thing lol.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

OMG, that's shocked me.  I always thought he was a guy in his 20s, but I was only posting here when he first turned up so perhaps he became better known?.  He had such a youthfulness and cheek to him from what I remembered, and even though he talked about reporting I thought he was out of Uni and studying it.

That's sad to hear, but all the same interesting to see the 'real' person behind it all.  Can't believe that work around mad cow disease.  Thanks for the link, really appreciate it.

Funny enough, I watched the TV series Vikings few years and there was a monk called Athlestone on there and it made me think back to Cam posting... Not a clue why, just a bizarre thing lol.

When he started posting me and Arrdee used to imagine he was at a big oak desk musing over a large brandy night cap🙃

He always made a selection on Rays Funds but when I asked if he'd pick the final six he declined saying it should be for Norwich fans.

He was a good guy. 

He wound old Wiz up though. He said he was going to write an article in the Sunday paper about all the anti Delia stuff on here 😂

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

These person(s) unknown had, in my opinion, a co-ordinated agenda to get Morty banned. Clicking report, emailing Pete, sending notes via carrier pigeon, semaphore…whatever…

I've kept out of this so far, but need to say this. I had email contact with Pete and reported Morty once or twice, not to get him banned but to get him to stop targeting every single thing I wrote, whether it was good or bad. I had to do something as it had got to the point where I couldn't write a single post, however ordinary, without being discredited within minutes by him - sometimes within seconds, making it almost impossible to carry on normal dialogue. It is the nearest thing I have ever had to feeling helpless about something - wanting to contribute to talking about the club I support, but being hounded every time I wrote something - and I am certain that he was trying to get me to stop posting at the time. I could have stopped altogether because it was affecting me mentally, but I thought why should I be the one that has to stop posting just because of one person? 

I took a lot of flak from various people, but mostly held my own in that regard, but with Morty it got out of hand - and I think he would accept that too.  I contacted him on I think two occasions privately to try and make peace, but he didn't want to know at the time - but I hold no grudges against him and didn't want him banned, I just wanted him to moderate his behaviour and basically leave me alone - it had become a real problem to me - but I decided I wasn't going to let him hound me off the board. Ironically it was his spats with other people that got him banned in the end, because as difficult as it was, I had finally started to ignore his posts for quite a while before he fell out with others.

A lot is said nowadays about mental health and I think we are all a bit more aware of that, which is a good thing and there is no doubt this board is a better place than it used to be.  It was not a period of time I am proud of, as I did my fair share of laying into the one or two people who were trying to control the board - and I wouldn't let it go, but the message about cyber bullying and mental health has got through to a lot more people nowadays and hopefully we can all post on here without problems of that kind.

I would also say, if anyone does at any time feel they are being targeted over a period of time, bullied or hounded, then I would say to them, use the report button, or contact admin - that is what they are there for. The idea of it being like "going to teacher" or "grassing up" someone is slightly childish imo. We are all Norwich supporters and we all have something to say and should feel we can say it in whatever way we wish......as long as it isn't abusive, of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I've kept out of this so far, but need to say this. I had email contact with Pete and reported Morty once or twice, not to get him banned but to get him to stop targeting every single thing I wrote, whether it was good or bad. I had to do something as it had got to the point where I couldn't write a single post, however ordinary, without being discredited within minutes by him - sometimes within seconds, making it almost impossible to carry on normal dialogue. It is the nearest thing I have ever had to feeling helpless about something - wanting to contribute to talking about the club I support, but being hounded every time I wrote something - and I am certain that he was trying to get me to stop posting at the time. I could have stopped altogether because it was affecting me mentally, but I thought why should I be the one that has to stop posting just because of one person? 

I took a lot of flak from various people, but mostly held my own in that regard, but with Morty it got out of hand - and I think he would accept that too.  I contacted him on I think two occasions privately to try and make peace, but he didn't want to know at the time - but I hold no grudges against him and didn't want him banned, I just wanted him to moderate his behaviour and basically leave me alone - it had become a real problem to me - but I decided I wasn't going to let him hound me off the board. Ironically it was his spats with other people that got him banned in the end, because as difficult as it was, I had finally started to ignore his posts for quite a while before he fell out with others.

A lot is said nowadays about mental health and I think we are all a bit more aware of that, which is a good thing and there is no doubt this board is a better place than it used to be.  It was not a period of time I am proud of, as I did my fair share of laying into the one or two people who were trying to control the board - and I wouldn't let it go, but the message about cyber bullying and mental health has got through to a lot more people nowadays and hopefully we can all post on here without problems of that kind.

I would also say, if anyone does at any time feel they are being targeted over a period of time, bullied or hounded, then I would say to them, use the report button, or contact admin - that is what they are there for. The idea of it being like "going to teacher" or "grassing up" someone is slightly childish imo. We are all Norwich supporters and we all have something to say and should feel we can say it in whatever way we wish......as long as it isn't abusive, of course.

Massive respect to you for posting that Lakey! 

MASSIVE! 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Massive respect to you for posting that Lakey! 

MASSIVE! 

Oh, you’re back quick!!

As Lakey says, it wasn’t his actions that got Morty banned. And I’m bothered little that he considers being a snakey grass as childish. What is childish is charging round the message board being a **** to people, talking rubbish about them and then playing innocent.

There’s a little clique on here that think they’re untouchable.

And Greavsy, old son, posting MASSIVE RESPECT as a reply drawing attention to people’s mental health…?

I see you little fella. I see you 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Oh, you’re back quick!!

As Lakey says, it wasn’t his actions that got Morty banned. And I’m bothered little that he considers being a snakey grass as childish. What is childish is charging round the message board being a **** to people, talking rubbish about them and then playing innocent.

There’s a little clique on here that think they’re untouchable.

And Greavsy, old son, posting MASSIVE RESPECT as a reply drawing attention to people’s mental health…?

I see you little fella. I see you 😉

I think in the light of Lakey's comments your post says so much more about you than anyone else. 

Point...................................................................................................................................................Missed. Again. 

Night.