Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Posting on the Pinkun

Just wondered what made people join the best Message Board in the world. Have you tried others and do we need more youthful contributors to bring the average age down slightly? (Stab in the dark but for a guess 57)

Also who do you  miss who no longer posts? (for various reasons) and should bans be lifted after a set period of time? At the end of the day 

People are people, so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

• Like 2

I've been on here since the rumours of Huckerby signing, the failed official message boards helped make this a permanent home for most I would think. Age doesn't matter here, but poster etiquette could be improved.

I miss 1st Wizard, whilst he was an excellent wind-up merchant he was a lovely chap at heart.

And it would depend on why they got banned, some people just never learn unfortunately 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just wondered what made people join the best Message Board in the world. Have you tried others and do we need more youthful contributors to bring the average age down slightly? (Stab in the dark but for a guess 57)

Also who do you  miss who no longer posts? (for various reasons) and should bans be lifted after a set period of time? At the end of the day 

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

Leave In Silence or Blasphemous Rumours would have been more appropriate Depeche Mode songs 🤣

• Like 1

I was just data collecting everyone's personal information, but the forum crashed and I couldn't escape back to google HQ with the other bots at midnight.  In that time I feel that I've bonded as a regular sentient user would.

Some concepts pass me by still, such as "That was never offside coh-to-hell thas makin' me bluddy angry buh!" few weeks back versus the "They got it in fur-us! Thass clearly offside buh!" this week.  But other than that I think I pass alright.

Come on your yellows!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I was just data collecting everyone's personal information, but the forum crashed and I couldn't escape back to google HQ with the other bots at midnight.  In that time I feel that I've bonded as a regular sentient user would.

Some concepts pass me by still, such as "That was never offside coh-to-hell thas makin' me bluddy angry buh!" few weeks back versus the "They got it in fur-us! Thass clearly offside buh!" this week.  But other than that I think I pass alright.

Come on your yellows!

You’re more convincing than a lot of other regulars to be fair 🤣

• Haha 1

If you want to work out the age of posters just start a thread on various managers/players/memorable games going back to the fifties and sixties and see who participates.

34 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Mister chops, when he was in his prime and before he got too big for his boots

• Like 2

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Mister chops, when he was in his prime and before he got too big for his boots

What happened to Ginger Pele and the slightly opinionated Smudger? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

I joined after being a guest watching peoples comments and disagreeing with a few, so thought sod it 🤣. I'm 29, 30 in April 😬🙄

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What happened to Ginger Pele and the slightly opinionated Smudger? 

Smudger is still about but mostly saving face.

Ginger Pele is still around although don't know if he left Norfolk with Uni etc.

Mister Chops was / is a great poster and a good guy in person too.

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I joined after being a guest watching peoples comments and disagreeing with a few, so thought sod it 🤣. I'm 29, 30 in April 😬🙄

Good Stuff, people like you are making a real difference and bringing the average age down. Time for a shower and touch up the hair with some Control GX. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Ginger Pele is still around although don't know if he left Norfolk with Uni etc.

Did you ever join Smudger in any protests? 

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Did you ever join Smudger in any protests? 

Yes, actually! There's a picture of us in a newspaper.

I was about 14 / 15 at the time with zero knowledge on football finance or it's operation as a business. I thought these adults clearly did. Having met them, it clearly wasn't the case and decided to do research for myself.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes, actually! There's a picture of us in a newspaper.

I was about 14 / 15 at the time with zero knowledge on football finance or it's operation as a business. I thought these adults clearly did. Having met them, it clearly wasn't the case and decided to do research for myself.

Oh so you can change your mind about something as well, thank goodness for that.

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yup. Still crops up elsewhere on social media etc. Pretty sure he was one of the lot involved in the failed Delia Out banner a couple of seasons ago now... I say failed, they didn't get enough money but still kept what they got. I then got kicked when I asked one of them on a pinkun fb post whether they were representing fans in any way so if they were an official fans group. They said they weren't representing anyone and were not interested in being an official group... make of that what you will...

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh so you can change your mind about something as well, thank goodness for that.

To be fair, you accused him of being a poster basher whilst admitting you have been as well.

• Haha 1

Smudger's a funny little thing. 

When you meet posters they are rarely what you expect. Although a lot of the "angry brigade" appeared vertically challenged.

There were some Tally Tallisons though. "The Butler" could go scrumping from the high branches. But the tallest I think would be "Jason Shackle's Limp Tackle" He could pass a ciggie to his mate in the Barclay Upper. Really great bloke though. Still see him occasionally.

Any other memorable giants or shrimps?

• Like 1

I joined because there was only one busy forum for Norwich fans, although I’ve been around for a while I haven’t managed to rack up quite as much of an excessive post count as some!

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I joined because there was only one busy forum for Norwich fans, although I’ve been around for a while I haven’t managed to rack up quite as much of an excessive post count as some!

Quality over quantity Wundaboy. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Quality over quantity Wundaboy. 

Steady on there

According to The Stats I  joined in the 04-05 Prem season - not quite half a lifetime ago. This was the only half sensible place for exchanging half-sensible nonsense (plus a few facts thrown in). Plus ca change.

Who’d have thought I’d start as I meant to go on.. my first post a naive, pompous long-winded essay, which ended thus:

All sounds very theoretical & removed from fundamental activity & values of the Beautiful Game, but in our post-Chase club, successful expansion wouldn''t have to mean tycoon politics and corporate exploitation. All the suggestions above will only be made possible by continued footballing success and producing/bringing in big-name players. But they''d contribute, along with Worthie''s team''s all-important efforts, to sustaining and improving on that success in the long run. 

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Leave In Silence or Blasphemous Rumours would have been more appropriate Depeche Mode songs 🤣

"Enjoy the Silence" would be nice from some on here 😃

I actually joined when this forum still moderated every single post before going live, it was awful. I'm still only 33 though.

I blame Houston Canary for my high post count though- I honestly was more of a lurker until I started arguing politics with him. I do wonder what happened to him. It also taught me the valuable lesson that arguing politics with strangers on the internet is the most pointless thing you can do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Indeed, but they are not mutually exclusive. 

Someone tell  Cambridgeo.

Edited by wcorkcanary

I've read for years. Genuinely not sure when I started, early 2000's (ish) maybe slightly later, I think I had just finished sixth form and whilst doing summer work in an office, a permanent employee showed me at lunch time. Ever since, I read the forum very regularly and I remember all of the older posters (eg infamous First Wizard) but never actually interacted with them. I joined simply because I got caught up in the amazing promotion season and wanted to express my undying love for Herr Farke (something I still have; I would hug that man to the floor if I ever met him! Yes, I am aware that sounds creepy but I don't care). I'm late thirties, so guess I'm bringing the average age down!

I also liked Mister Chops, always made me laugh. I know something happened and he upset people but I must have missed it. I also have a soft spot or LDC. I know he talks sh*t some of the time (I mean that in a nice way) but he gets a hard time even when he talks sense and if you put that to batsh*t crazy part to one side (eg "we're going to win the premier league"), he normally talks sense but still gets abuse because of the reputation. I find myself either entirely agreeing with him or entirely disagreeing with him, no middle ground.