sonyc

Next 9 games ...how many points?

These 9 games will take us to a third of the season completed. We will need to be around a point a game in aiming for (around) 40 points.

My take is a follows. Too cautious or too optimistic? 

Watford (h) 3

Everton (a) 0

Burnley (a) 1

Brighton (h) 1

Chelsea (a) 0

Leeds (h) 1

Brentford (a) 3

Southampton (h) 3

Wolves (h) 1

13 points then...after 13 games. 

Interesting run of games here. None easy. But it can be done. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

These 9 games will take us to a third of the season completed. We will need to be around a point a game in aiming for (around) 40 points.

Watford (h) 3

Everton (a) 0

Burnley (a) 1

Brighton (h) 1

Chelsea (a) 0

Leeds (h) 1

Brentford (a) 3

Southampton (h) 3

Wolves (h) 1

I hope you're right there @sonyc.  It's funny that last season we could be so disciplined and excellent at managing and controlling games, I know the standard is much higher but really ….

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Watford (h) 3

Everton (a) 0

Burnley (a) 1

Brighton (h) 1

Chelsea (a) 0

Leeds (h) 1

Brentford (a) 3

Southampton (h) 3

Wolves (h) 1

My season spreadsheet says 14 points from those games so similar to your take. Fingers crossed!

OTBC

• Like 1

It certainly can be done but the prediction shows only 2 defeats in 9 games. Yes the run of opponents looks comparatively less difficult than the first four games but it would represent a remarkable turnaround in form and results. At this point in time that looks a very tall order indeed. Saturday is (even at this early stage) absolutely critical. A defeat would sink morale both on and off the field and I would then envisage a Sheff. Utd type season (last season that is) with relegation an absolute certainty many weeks (if not months) before end of the campaign. A win, however, and it really could kick start an improvement.  

My original season forecast says 15. I do one every year and I'm usually close at the end of the season - only 2018-19 caught me out, but then it caught everyone!

So far this year I am 1 point off (I thought we'd draw 1-1 against Leicester) and 1 goal off (effectively Leicester's second).

Last season I had us on 95 points. Season before 25. 

I have a 2-1 win for Watford......

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Watford (h) 3

Everton (a) 0

Burnley (a) 1

Brighton (h) 1

Chelsea (a) 0

Leeds (h) 1

Brentford (a) 3

Southampton (h) 3

Wolves (h) 1

I’d take this if I were offered it, for sure. Think we’ll do well to beat Brentford away and Southampton at home in quick succession 

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I’d take this if I were offered it, for sure. Think we’ll do well to beat Brentford away and Southampton at home in quick succession 

Agree there Hank. I was thinking that by then the new signings in the team would have gelled and got some better understanding of space and strengths.

No easy games but this run is about as easy as it gets in the prem. The six after this run (to get to the halfway point) look more tricky again.

If we want 19 points after 19 games, then we’re going to need 13 points as a minimum from the next nine games IMO, because I think we’ll do well to get six from the six after that.

Chelsea obviously the big one that would be a pretty big surprise if we got anything from, but the rest wouldnt really be a shock if we picked up a point or three at any of them.

So is 13 pts from the next nine too optimistic? Well if we’re going to stay up, it’s essential IMO. But could well be too optimistic. I think we’ll get a better feel for where we are after the next two or three games.

I'm going:

Watford (h) 3

Everton (a) 0

Burnley (a) 1

Brighton (h) 3 Just for peter72 🤣

Chelsea (a) 0

Leeds (h) 1

Brentford (a) 1

Southampton (h) 3

Wolves (h) 1

Other than the Chelsea game I think the remaining could go any way.

8 games with 3 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses I reckon we have to aim for. That would be 11 points.

14. I'm already peed off about VAR decisions that haven't been made robbing us of 3 more. Glad to see Tzolis off the mark with 2 against Burnley. Can't believe Farke has gone for 'The Foden' silver bowl barnet.

35 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

2 and I am being optimistic 

That's quite an incredible prediction really. It's either brave or rather foolish. You feel we will lose 7 of those 9 games (or even 8).  That's a real downer on the players.

Where do you see the two draws?

Edited by sonyc

10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That's quite an incredible prediction really. It's either brave or rather foolish. You feel we will lose 7 of those 9 games (or even 8).  That's a real downer on the players.

Where do you see the two draws?

Looking at our premier league record under Farke it’s much more realistic than some of the nonsense being spouted on here 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Looking at our premier league record under Farke it’s much more realistic than some of the nonsense being spouted on here 

The problem with you Uncle Fred is you are constantly cherry-picking statistics to make your points. First, you only focus on Norwich, when you know full well that every other team has better results - how unbiased is that?  Then you focus on Farke - same comment re bias… 

11 minutes ago, Surfer said:

The problem with you Uncle Fred is you are constantly cherry-picking statistics to make your points. First, you only focus on Norwich, when you know full well that every other team has better results - how unbiased is that?  Then you focus on Farke - same comment re bias… 

If we also back this up with how other teams have spent then they picture isn’t positive at all, I can go on all day pulling out stats that show how we will struggle , inability to score? Inability to keep a clean sheet, every indicator is screaming that we are in a world of trouble 

465796E7-D8AB-44AA-83CB-997A03538237.jpeg

Impossible to say at the moment, if the new signings can start to gel and we start to score some goals I'll feel more optimistic! 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

If we also back this up with how other teams have spent then they picture isn’t positive at all, I can go on all day pulling out stats that show how we will struggle , inability to score? Inability to keep a clean sheet, every indicator is screaming that we are in a world of trouble 

Nice one, so we survive relegation according to that. Bottom 3 a bit of a surprise and I always thought Chelsea were title contenders. Thanks for sharing.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

So the only bad result was Liverpool, everyone else massively outspent us - especially Arsenal. 

Good to see that we will survive though, it’s about time the media love-in for Southampton and Villa is broken. Poor old Emi.

41 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

So, we’ve spent more than £50 million, plus loan fees for 3 players, and we’ve still made £6 million profit? Must have got more than we thought for Emi 🤣

Or, more likely, these figures are as accurate as your predictions.

I have the feeling that once we get a good result it will have a snowball effect and we will go on a run of wins, so win against Watford and it could set us going on a good run.  I'll say 5 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses - 17 points.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sonyc said:

Watford (h) 3

Everton (a) 0

Burnley (a) 1

Brighton (h) 1

Chelsea (a) 0

Leeds (h) 1

Brentford (a) 3

Southampton (h) 3

Wolves (h) 1

Need to start winning home games against bottom half teams. There should be 13+ points available here but one game at a time and we could easily fall well short. We need to improve drastically starting now

• Like 2

This is my prediction 

Watford (h) 1

Everton (a) 1

Burnley (a) 0

Brighton (h) 3

Chelsea (a) 0

Leeds (h) 1

Brentford (a) 0

Southampton (h) 1

Wolves (h) 3

10 points then...after 13 games.