Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

On this day in 1975

We were 4-2 down at Burnley but scored 2 in injury time to rescue a point. I got back on the coach to find 4 people who had left early to avoid the crush 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We were 4-2 down at Burnley but scored 2 in injury time to rescue a point. I got back on the coach to find 4 people who had left early to avoid the crush 😂

The only game I've ever left early was England v Holland 2nd string friendly at Wembley.... it was shoite, just could wait to get away  and missing the last 20 mins of such dross  was well worth  it to get across London  and back to my mates place in Surrey...it took an hour less than it would have done if we'd  stayed till the whistle. 

Used to love it when the crowd would start to leave early in the standing days , you could see them leaving the river end then we would score and they would all rush back and stand in the corner bet the river end and main stand 

I've only ever left early twice. Once was an FA Cup replay vs Birmingham in the mid 80s, as the game went to extra time, and my girlfriend was picking me up.

The other was a few years ago, at home to Fulham. I was soaked, we were getting completely out played and we were playing carp, and , as I had gone to the game on my own, I decided to not put my self through anymore misery and 'beat the traffic'

17 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Was that the game where Peter Noble scored all four goals for Burnley and was moaning in the papers the following day, that despite scoring 4, he wouldn't be getting a 'win' bonus?..

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Was that the game where Peter Noble scored all four goals for Burnley and was moaning in the papers the following day, that despite scoring 4, he wouldn't be getting a 'win' bonus?..

I'd forgotten that. I think you're right 

Burnley, champions in the early 1960s, got relegated that season, were one match away from dropping into non-league football in the 1980s, and only got back to the top flight in 2009-10.

19 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Burnley, champions in the early 1960s, got relegated that season, were one match away from dropping into non-league football in the 1980s, and only got back to the top flight in 2009-10.

Oh dear, we'd better watch out, that lot down the Road will be storming back...... sometime around 2049!

• Haha 1

Anyone dare to admit they left early v Middlesbrough? Thanks anyway cause I'm convinced your actions pi55ed off everyone including the players enough to give the rest of us a match firmly in my top 5  of all time. 

Having said that, I left a half time once. I'd watched enough to know we just were not a the races, pretty sure it was under Roeder, we pay to watch sport, that day, noone would call that first half sport. I walked to Riverside cinema for some entertainment! 

Left Meadow Lane on 90 minutes (1991)and had no idea we’d equalised until buying a pink sports paper. Norwich lost the home fixture though 1.0 in front of 12,000 (and that was top flight football) 

22 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

At the start of the season they were relegated Burnley won at Bill Shankly's Liverpool and the Burnley boss said they were in a different league. At the end of the season Shankly pointed out that they were just that😂

• Haha 1