Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Hornet Fans View

BeersThenAcademy Graduate

As I walked down Hagden Lane after the Wolves match yesterday, I did feel sorry for the poor chap / chapess lined up to preview the next game, then realised it was me.

[IMG]

So here we are, the first of two six pointers - before a visit from Mike Ashleys’ whinging Mackem’s, it’s a trip to those six fingered carrot munchers at the University of East Anglia. And apologies for the poor quality of this preview, I was going to ask my Norwich supporting brother in law (one of five) for some detailed analysis and tactical insight, but this week he broke his arm falling off a sit-on mower, no lie.

Still one positive is that I won’t have to spend another afternoon in the Upper GT next to the guy who spent the whole Wolves match moaning because his BBC Sports App wouldn’t refresh stopping him seeing how Ronaldo was getting on. Then claimed he would see everyone at Carrow Road.

A quick nip round a few Norwich forums sees them blaming the refs for the defeat at the Emirates, nothing to do with Arsenal’s 30 attempts at goal. Apparently they played their best football of the season. Other forum based moans include:
  • time for a change at goalie (got to be Krul to be kind),
  • too much playing from the back and pointless passing between the CBs (sounds familiar),
  • lack of anyone holding it ‘up front’,
  • a call from “Iwans Big Toe” to stay positive because "it's Watford next"
  • and someone asking if there’s an App so you can track which grounds you’ve visited as they can’t remember where they’ve been.
“Canary Wundaboy: pretty much sums up the state of mind for next week I think, he says:

My Wish list for Watford:
- Normann starts
- At least one goal from open play
- 3 points

No idea who Normann is.

Goes without saying that Norwich will see this as a huge opportunity to get things rolling, I’m amazed this isn’t part of Sky’s Super Sunday.

[IMG]
Is CheapJacks still there?

As for us, all that warm shininess post-Villa has wandered off, the second half vs Wolves was particularly bad but bit like Norwich, what did we expect? We’ve signed cheapies, freebies, cast offs and spent most of what little money we did have on a loser. The manager seems like a nice bloke, I still think he got lucky last year, but his tactics and decisions are woeful and if he’s still hanging around after a few more defeats then that’s confirmation of Pozzo and Duxbury settling for the dosh this year.

Both teams won’t want to lose this, so I’ll go 0-0 and Lineker demanding another £40k to even pass comment on such garbage.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Is Sissoko the ‘loser’ they’ve signed? I wasn’t expecting their outlook to be quite as bleak as it sounds!

Not many happy clappers on their site. This really is a match we need to win. 

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Is Sissoko the ‘loser’ they’ve signed? I wasn’t expecting their outlook to be quite as bleak as it sounds!

I believe its spelt Louza  but you can see why they call him that. A few seasons ago they brought success,  issac success and he was anything but so they went for the reverse to see if that worked any better. 

• Haha 3

This is great. Makes me kind of sad we have no one here that does this kind of preview. I think I remember an excellent one from the Bristol City forum

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We’ve signed cheapies, freebies, cast offs and spent most of what little money we did have on a loser. The manager seems like a nice bloke, I still think he got lucky last year, but his tactics and decisions are woeful and if he’s still hanging around after a few more defeats then that’s confirmation of Pozzo and Duxbury settling for the dosh this year.

I'm sure that we were told that if you had an investor owner, you could buy whoever you liked and that the owners put money into the club just for the fun of it...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canaries north said:

I believe its spelt Louza  but you can see why they call him that. A few seasons ago they brought success,  issac success and he was anything but so they went for the reverse to see if that worked any better. 

Ah I see, I wouldn't have filed Sissoko under 'cheapie', 'freebie' or 'cast off' - I thought he'd be a cracking signing for them to be honest

This chap had better not call a Newcastle fan a Mackem or he could well be on the end of a serious slap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

This chap had better not call a Newcastle fan a Mackem or he could well be on the end of a serious slap.

Agreed - a very serious mistake to make. Probably even worse than calling an Ipswich fan a 'Budgie'! 

4 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed - a very serious mistake to make. Probably even worse than calling an Ipswich fan a 'Budgie'! 

But even worse would be saying Ipswich have no history! 😉

24 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Don’t think it’s a mistake, it’s probably intentional.

This guy must be a posh git, I don’t know anyone who sits in the Upper Tier of the Graham Taylor stand 🤣

Going over to look at their forum they certaintly seem to be doing the same amount of moaning about how bad they are as we have been doing about ourselves. I feel a bit more hopeful now

After 4 defeats, I'd take point, but we don't like playing Watford. 3 points puts us right back in the mix, and we'd forget about those last 4 games! 

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Just bring Dixie Deehan out of retirement and its a certain 3 points.

If Farke so much as mentions him in the build up it will bring Watford fans of a certain age out in a cold sweat 🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

BeersThenAcademy Graduate

As I walked down Hagden Lane after the Wolves match yesterday, I did feel sorry for the poor chap / chapess lined up to preview the next game, then realised it was me.

[IMG]

So here we are, the first of two six pointers - before a visit from Mike Ashleys’ whinging Mackem’s, it’s a trip to those six fingered carrot munchers at the University of East Anglia. And apologies for the poor quality of this preview, I was going to ask my Norwich supporting brother in law (one of five) for some detailed analysis and tactical insight, but this week he broke his arm falling off a sit-on mower, no lie.

Still one positive is that I won’t have to spend another afternoon in the Upper GT next to the guy who spent the whole Wolves match moaning because his BBC Sports App wouldn’t refresh stopping him seeing how Ronaldo was getting on. Then claimed he would see everyone at Carrow Road.

A quick nip round a few Norwich forums sees them blaming the refs for the defeat at the Emirates, nothing to do with Arsenal’s 30 attempts at goal. Apparently they played their best football of the season. Other forum based moans include:
  • time for a change at goalie (got to be Krul to be kind),
  • too much playing from the back and pointless passing between the CBs (sounds familiar),
  • lack of anyone holding it ‘up front’,
  • a call from “Iwans Big Toe” to stay positive because "it's Watford next"
  • and someone asking if there’s an App so you can track which grounds you’ve visited as they can’t remember where they’ve been.
“Canary Wundaboy: pretty much sums up the state of mind for next week I think, he says:

My Wish list for Watford:
- Normann starts
- At least one goal from open play
- 3 points

No idea who Normann is.

Goes without saying that Norwich will see this as a huge opportunity to get things rolling, I’m amazed this isn’t part of Sky’s Super Sunday.

[IMG]
Is CheapJacks still there?

As for us, all that warm shininess post-Villa has wandered off, the second half vs Wolves was particularly bad but bit like Norwich, what did we expect? We’ve signed cheapies, freebies, cast offs and spent most of what little money we did have on a loser. The manager seems like a nice bloke, I still think he got lucky last year, but his tactics and decisions are woeful and if he’s still hanging around after a few more defeats then that’s confirmation of Pozzo and Duxbury settling for the dosh this year.

Both teams won’t want to lose this, so I’ll go 0-0 and Lineker demanding another £40k to even pass comment on such garbage.

Who is this joker? Anyone who has read any of my posts this season knows I'm not positive no matter who we're playing.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Don’t think it’s a mistake, it’s probably intentional.

Or at least he’ll try claiming that 

17 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not sure how to tell this fella that I'm not particularly a fan of carrots...... 🤷‍♂️

Spell it out to him on your twelve fingers, Ken Hairy!!

12 hours ago, Yobocop said:

As an honorary lutonian I should probably hate Watford, and I do 

3 points for us please  

I lived in Watford for more than 50 years, not many of them really hate Luton.

8 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I lived in Watford for more than 50 years, not many of them really hate Luton.

The feeling is most certainly not mutual lol