Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

Shearer MOTD

I don't watch MOTD but saw a quote from Shearer last night."Farke was going on about" the handball claim before the goal. I saw Farke mention this incident as he mentioned the ridiculously little amount of added on time at the end, but not really "going on about "anything. 

What a disrespectful and unprofessional way to speak about a successful manager. Did they disprove the handball claim? or perhaps Shearer doesn't think we have the right to mention it. 

Shearer's ¢untiness is well documented 

Edited by NFN FC
Looked up the slang meaning of nonce

Shearer so obviously on the PL payroll to make sure he says all the corrupt decisions against us are correct...... 😉😏

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Shearer so obviously on the PL payroll to make sure he says all the corrupt decisions against us are correct...... 😉😏

Bet there is some pressure on the media, to play down var at all opportunities. Don't think the authorities liked last season, being criticised about var every week. 

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

Shearer's noncyness is well documented 

Probably best to use terms you understand before attributing them to someone - could land you in seriously hot water.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chicken said:

Probably best to use terms you understand before attributing them to someone - could land you in seriously hot water.

Wow, everyday is a school day! 

5 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Wow, everyday is a school day! 

So you're happy with calling him a child molester then? Seems a bit extreme just because you disagree with his views on a highlights show.

12 hours ago, chicken said:

So you're happy with calling him a child molester then? Seems a bit extreme just because you disagree with his views on a highlights show.

Please check my edit of original post. 

• Haha 1

Alan Shearer whose managerial career lasted 8 games and oversaw relegation before deciding to stick within his limitations by spouting obvious, "The lad's done good", "He'll be disappointed with that", "It was a nice height for the keeper" drivel. 🤣

The MOTD slot would be improved by filling the time with dead air instead...more insightful and informative (and much cheaper).

Apples

Edited by Mr Apples
  • Like 1

Not a big fan of what he has to say on MOTD generally, but I felt he was quite fair on his appraisal of that situation.  He also sympathised with Farke for the bad luck in conceding the goal.

Second to that, I'd rather someone sat using working class terms like "Going on about" when discussing football anyway.  I hate switching on Sky sports and you have what looks like player agents sitting in the studio more wrapped up in spreadsheets than the game itself - it's all so perfectly bottled and bland now.

I mean, Shearer is quite bland at the best of times as per his serious character, but he does offer a little bit of realism and character. 

Maybe I'm too old-school but I yearn for when Keys and Gray would freestyle on Monday night football.  Carragher and Neville are great compared to the rest, but just so self aware that I switch off to them.

I like to see Gray kicking Keys in the shin to demonstrate how to injure someone! 🙂

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

The BBC sheltered child abusers for decades and needs to be defunded

Presumably you’re happy to defund the police too on that basis?

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

Alan Shearer whose managerial career lasted 8 games and oversaw relegation before deciding to stick within his limitations by spouting obvious, "The lad's done good", "He'll be disappointed with that", "It was a nice height for the keeper" drivel. 🤣

The MOTD slot would be improved by filling the time with dead air instead...more insightful and informative (and much cheaper).

Apples

You missed out ‘and rightly so’ which seems to be his stock phrase.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

MOTD2 is a much better programme usually - and its easy to find highlights of other matches elswhere anyway, if you are interested - and really MOTD needs a re-vamp.

Totally agree - a much better watch, and better put together too. 

2 good 2 bad is also enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Presumably you’re happy to defund the police too on that basis?

The police provide a net benefit. Never claimed they were perfect. Im not calling on defunding for the BBC I’m calling for them to be totally privatised. They don’t deserve public money.

Edited by The Real Buh

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Im not calling on defunding for the BBC I’m calling for them to be totally privatised. They don’t deserve public money.

So no more Radio Norfolk and game commentaries then?  No more local coverage - Because all those regional stations serve a community rather than appease advertisers.  Would all die a death overnight, or be sucked into something like Heart radio.

5 Live would become the new talksport - funded entirely by betting ads and clickbait opinion, lose it's ability to cover a wide range of sports, interests and debates.

Not to mention all the TV documentaries and other cultured shows that the BBC put out as part of their commitment to viewers. 

Look what happened when the bake off moved to Channel 4 - Caused absolute uproar.

We should be proud of the BBC and the network in this country.  Anyone who wants to privatise it needs their head checking, especially if they're into their sports and can appreciate the sheer amount of coverage put out to help the local communities and club - it's at the heart of so much.

You want to privatise it all? Ok that's 9.99/month for Norwich audio commentaries on it's own. Not got a great deal left in change vs paying a TV license and the entire BBC network, really have you?  Think about things before making such daft comments.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 4

Anyone who wants to see the BBC and NHS privatized should come live in the USA for a while. TV license? Try £100 per month for a wide selection of nothing to see here channels. NHS fees? Try £1,5000 per month health insurance premium plus medicine costs that will make your eyes pop. So by all means criticise and reform UK institutions, but the underlying operational assumptions and funding plans are good. Same was true with EU membership, and we can all what happened there…..

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Please check my edit of original post. 

The edit is perfectly accurate and would stand up in a court of law...... 👍

As an aside, my brother is a Newcastle fan, I do enjoy slagging Shearer off to him 😁

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

You missed out ‘and rightly so’ which seems to be his stock phrase.

I like the classics 

“Yes , no , definitely” or “110%” 

Shearer is a dinosaur. He played when shirts were baggy , pitches were muddy and the ball had a lace in it .*

*two of these are correct 

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

So no more Radio Norfolk and game commentaries then?  No more local coverage - Because all those regional stations serve a community rather than appease advertisers.  Would all die a death overnight, or be sucked into something like Heart radio.

5 Live would become the new talksport - funded entirely by betting ads and clickbait opinion, lose it's ability to cover a wide range of sports, interests and debates.

Not to mention all the TV documentaries and other cultured shows that the BBC put out as part of their commitment to viewers. 

Look what happened when the bake off moved to Channel 4 - Caused absolute uproar.

We should be proud of the BBC and the network in this country.  Anyone who wants to privatise it needs their head checking, especially if they're into their sports and can appreciate the sheer amount of coverage put out to help the local communities and club - it's at the heart of so much.

You want to privatise it all? Ok that's 9.99/month for Norwich audio commentaries on it's own. Not got a great deal left in change vs paying a TV license and the entire BBC network, really have you?  Think about things before making such daft comments.

Nobody watches the BBC anymore it’s been eclipsed by better rivals. It’s 2021 and the gap will only widen and make it more and more irrelevant. It’s already over.

that and all the child abusers it’s harboured of course.

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Anyone who wants to see the BBC and NHS privatized should come live in the USA for a while. TV license? Try £100 per month for a wide selection of nothing to see here channels. NHS fees? Try £1,5000 per month health insurance premium plus medicine costs that will make your eyes pop. So by all means criticise and reform UK institutions, but the underlying operational assumptions and funding plans are good. Same was true with EU membership, and we can all what happened there…..

Im Calling for privatisation of the NHS what a convoluted rant you’ve produced there

The BBC isn’t saving anyone, it has no net benefit and is only getting more expensive and more irrelevant in the modern world.

it’s time is already up, it’s only going one way

if you give people the choice to pay for it or not they won’t, en masse, because it produces absolute 541te

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Nobody watches the BBC anymore it’s been eclipsed by better rivals. It’s 2021 and the gap will only widen and make it more and more irrelevant. It’s already over.

that and all the child abusers it’s harboured of course.

Give it another 20 or so years and terrestrial TV probably won't exist. I've got 2 teenage kids, neither of them watch normal TV at all. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Give it another 20 or so years and terrestrial TV probably won't exist. I've got 2 teenage kids, neither of them watch normal TV at all. 

Why do people not understand this? Nobody watches terrestrial TV anymore! Nobody gathers round to watch the news or east Enders it’s OVER. Everybody watches YouTube or Netflix or whatever.

The BBC even has the balls to charge for “Brit box” which is on demand BBC you’ve already payed for.

They deserve obliteration, sincerely.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Why do people not understand this? Nobody watches terrestrial TV anymore! Nobody gathers round to watch the news or east Enders it’s OVER. Everybody watches YouTube or Netflix or whatever.

The BBC even has the balls to charge for “Brit box” which is on demand BBC you’ve already payed for.

They deserve obliteration, sincerely.

Everyone under certain age yes, but I'd bet you most over 50s still watch TV the same way. I'm mid 40s, and do a combination of both. 

The BBC, ITV etc won't die just yet, but it's coming for them. 

55 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

'Nobody' watches the BBC? Ok mate..  Best explain that to the half billion round the world then.  And when you say 'better' rivals, who's going to provide City supporters home/away match commentary?  Michael Bailey via his laptop if he can get licensed? 

Maybe Amazon or Facebook could take BBC over once it's up for grabs, put a webcam on every set top box so we can control the TV by our face - that sounds ideal right? Reduced fee of £30/40 a month if you agree to the camera and ad popups?

Should be proud of the network we have, but you sound far too gone down some wild conspiracy rant to me.  Can't believe any sports lover would want to have it all dismantled, and that's just a tiny facet of what the BBC do.

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

'Nobody' watches the BBC? Ok mate..  Best explain that to the half billion round the world then.  And when you say 'better' rivals, who's going to provide City supporters home/away match commentary?  Michael Bailey via his laptop if he can get licensed? 

Maybe Amazon or Facebook could take BBC over once it's up for grabs, put a webcam on every set top box so we can control the TV by our face - that sounds ideal right? Reduced fee of £30/40 a month if you agree to the camera and ad popups?

Should be proud of the network we have, but you sound far too gone down some wild conspiracy rant to me.  Can't believe any sports lover would want to have it all dismantled, and that's just a tiny facet of what the BBC do.

If the BBC are so confident they are a beloved organisation let’s have the licence fee as optional and see how many choose to pay for it

I think you know what’s going to happen there

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

If the BBC are so confident they are a beloved organisation let’s have the licence fee as optional and see how many choose to pay for it

But it's not designed around the principle of broadcasting to attract buyers - that's what makes it so special. 

The whole reason it can cater for the likes of us City fans is due to the model that exists.  You're totally clueless if you can't see that, you're just wanting to sell it down the stream and can't even think for a second what that means to niche markets it's able to offer.  You see Eastenders and think "I don't watch that" and that's as far as your brain goes.

Keep saying it time and time again, Are you for killing off our local coverage of matches or not? Because that's the end result of privatising it. And such a very very tiny facet of the network as a whole.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

But it's not designed around the principle of broadcasting to attract buyers - that's what makes it so special. 

The whole reason it can cater for the likes of us City fans is due to the model that exists.  You're totally clueless if you can't see that, you're just wanting to sell it down the stream and can't even think for a second what that means to niche markets it's able to offer.  You see Eastenders and think "I don't watch that" and that's as far as your brain goes.

Keep saying it time and time again, Are you for killing off our local coverage of matches or not? Because that's the end result of privatising it. And such a very very tiny facet of the network as a whole.

The coverage won’t disappear it will exist will just be streamed privately. Im not seeing the issue here. It will be streamed online, you can put your jam radio away grandad.

I don’t have to say or do anything, nobody does, the BBC is a shambling corpse that is waiting to finally die. It’s been outmanoeuvred and rightfully so. How can you support it post saville and knowing the wages these idiots like Linekar are payed in tax money. It’s a disgrace. Can’t wait for it to be dead.