Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Fabinho Liverpool goal

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

So why would you state you are glad you "dont have Sky" specifically? You do know its dangerous to assume Eddie?  

And is VAR an exclusive Sky 'extra',  as yes or no will suffice, im sure you can cope with that? (but I bet you don't as per!)

Cheers Eddie! 

😴😴😴😴

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

And that is why we are not welcome in this league. We don't generate enough interest from neutrals at home or abroad and for 'fans' of all these big clubs our role or place in this circus of a league is to be the team that all the big clubs beat. We don't make big money signings, we don't hire famous managers, we don't cause controversy and relatively speaking we don't pay that much in agent fee's either.

This is why officials are instructed to interprate the rules in any way that prevents us from getting results if they can. They aren't always successful but over the course of a season and considering everything else going against us it is of course going to result in us getting less points than we deserve and probably relegation. 

The Premier League is a product (mostly geared towards international fans nowdays) and all the clubs involved would go bust without the Sky money so does anyone seriously think that they have no power to influence results when they're the one who pays for it all? Look at human nature and all of human history to see that it's laughable to suggest otherwise. 

I don;t believe anyone is instructed to rule against us, i just think its easy for them to do so and they often do so subconsciously due to the fact we are usually the smaller club/expected to lose. They know there will be no sort of huge fuss or controversy if they give decisions against us. I think we need to start kicking up more of a stink. Farke is too nice about it. If nothing else we might get something to even it up in a forthcoming game. 

21 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

9EB96E66-110F-41D8-BF60-5B1A24188EDD.jpeg

78991F55-F618-4A54-B87A-80659FC5F756.jpeg

Even when you are beyond the goalie and only have one defender between you and the net, still not given offside??

Really???

19 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don;t believe anyone is instructed to rule against us, i just think its easy for them to do so and they often do so subconsciously due to the fact we are usually the smaller club/expected to lose. They know there will be no sort of huge fuss or controversy if they give decisions against us. I think we need to start kicking up more of a stink. Farke is too nice about it. If nothing else we might get something to even it up in a forthcoming game. 

Pukki's goal v Spurs, Jerome's goal v Palace, the utter farce with the linesman at the Emirates a few seasons ago just off the top of my head are 3 of dozens of examples of ludicrous decisions that wouldn't have gone against any other club. Yep, officials definitely aren't instructed to do us dirty, there's just no evidence out there at all.

If Benteke or Zaha scored the exact same goal that Jerome did for us would the ref have ruled it out? Be honest with yourself, likewise if Son set up Kane for the goal that Vrancic assisted Pukki with? Honestly do you believe the decision would have been the same? Because I don't and I'm at a loss for any other explanation besides corruption. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

4 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Pukki's goal v Spurs, Jerome's goal v Palace, the utter farce with the linesman at the Emirates a few seasons ago just off the top of my head are 3 of dozens of examples of ludicrous decisions that wouldn't have gone against any other club. Yep, officials definitely aren't instructed to do us dirty, there's just no evidence out there at all.

If Benteke or Zaha scored the exact same goal that Jerome did for us would the ref have ruled it out? Be honest with yourself, likewise if Son set up Kane for the goal that Vrancic assisted Pukki with? Honestly do you believe the decision would have been the same? Because I don't and I'm at a loss for any other explanation besides corruption. 

I agree with you. I think if we score that Arsenal goal at the weekend it would be ruled out for offside or handball (as it should have been in my view) because they instinctively would have been minded to rule in Arsenal's favour. I also think had leicester scored that goal against us it probably would have been allowed to stand. i'm just saying I think its more down to subconscious bias/favouring the bigger sides/bigger name players rather than down to officials being corrupt and following some kind of instructions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

You ok hun (Eddie)? 

Hello Lofty 

I'm fine thanks👍

Will you be ok to reply when this gets to the top of page 3?

47 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I agree with you. I think if we score that Arsenal goal at the weekend it would be ruled out for offside or handball (as it should have been in my view) because they instinctively would have been minded to rule in Arsenal's favour. I also think had leicester scored that goal against us it probably would have been allowed to stand. i'm just saying I think its more down to subconscious bias/favouring the bigger sides/bigger name players rather than down to officials being corrupt and following some kind of instructions. 

I used to think that, but now I am not so sure.

Think about what the success of the Premier League is predicated on. Money. It relies on the richest clubs being in the league so that they can pay the highest wages and attract the big brand players. That enables the EPL to become the global leviathan brand that it has become, which in turn attracts even more money.

Now, imagine some snotty little self-funding club comes along and manages to insert itself into the elite club on a more permanent basis. People will turn their heads. There is another way of running a club that doesn't involve running up tens of millions of pounds of losses. Billionaires coming in and winning everything doesn't become the guaranteed route to success it once was. So all of a sudden Maybe rich owners can be successful without having to pour hundreds of millions of pounds of cash into a club. All of a sudden, the next Abramovich's, Mansour's and Srivaddhanaprabha's of this world decide to plump for Spain, Germany or France, and those leagues start to pay the biggest wages and attract the biggest stars and suddenly the EPL isn't quite as attractive to the global markets.

We cannot be allowed to succeed. The brand must be protected.

We are into the realms of WWE (or WWF to most people on here). It won't be long before trading standards forbids the word "sport" being used as a description of what is increasingly obviously as corporate entertainment industry as opposed to a sporting competition.

You’d think that it would 

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Don’t you think it would create less attention to stop us getting promoted to the PL?

11 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

You’d think that it would 

Don’t you think it would create less attention to stop us getting promoted to the PL?

not really, you need 3 sides to get relegated each year. a self-sufficient club structured to accept relegation works really well. But that's firmly with a tin hat on.

Edited by Baracouda

I think taking these decisions out of the stadiums does build up mistrust amongst those who are in the stadiums. Probably more palatable to those watching on tv. And they would say that makes it fairer because they won't be influenced by supporters like referees could be. But for me putting pressure on a ref is part of supporting your team.

PL football is now a tv sport. Us legacy supporters in the stadiums pay much more but for an inferior product. I've said before we are like extras to the "show".

Dan's WWE comparison has some merit.

in some sense the best thing to happen to football on a domestic level for clubs like ours, would be the 'Super League'. Having the biggest clubs around the world playing at a completely different level/league buying from the domestic leagues and in turn having those domestic leagues more competitive, self-sufficient with wage caps etc.

But as you saw with the last model, they don't want a separate league but they want their cake and to eat it. Sky and the rest of the media drummed up all the fans to be opposed to it. Whilst its true most fans would be against it. But It certainly hurts sky and their subscription model.

• Like 1

What I think is really poor, is that there is absolutely no explanation of the decisions. I thought they were supposed to be trying to improve transparency but if you search for it you cannot give a single explanation or account of how VAR reached its decision on our goal v Leicester or Fabinhos goal yesterday or the Arsenal goal on Saturday.

They need to make the discussions between the onfield officials and the VAR official public or at the very least publish a summary of any key VAR decision after the game. They used to put out statements for contentious ones but don’t even do that now. Any post match scrutiny is done “in house.” There is literally no accountability or transparency. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3a3cb8056433c6b509769c25b384e50f.jpegInteresting new angle of the Cantwell one just before Kenny headers it. 

I said at the time regardless of the notion that Cantwell is blocking Schmeichel to the extent he prevents him saving the shot (he's not), that their no27s back foot is playing him on anyway. 

The Fabinho one being allowed yesterday shows the bias for the big clubs and against self sufficient clubs who don't bring money, glamour or big names to the Premier league like us.