Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Baffled by VAR

Took me 5 seconds in Microsoft Paint. Maybe they should hire me? 😉

var.png

Honestly though the fact Salah now has 100 goals in the Prem seems crazy. Stats wise only 9 more goals and he's the top all time winger goalscorer in the Prem

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Why on earth didn't they draw their silly lines for the Salah goal at Leeds. Anyone would think there is an agenda here..  . 

Even with the naked eye you could see that Salah was clearly behind the player who made the pass. VAR would have checked it (as they do with all goals) and allowed it in about five seconds. This is where VAR has clearly improved from the mess it was previously; get it checked, get a decision made, get on with the game. Nothing to see here.

Edited by Feedthewolf

I'd like to see the lines drawn please. Otherwise I will continue to have doubt. If the naked eye can do it there is no need for VAR 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'd like to see the lines drawn please. Otherwise I will continue to have doubt. If the naked eye can do it there is no need for VAR 

var.png

Did you miss my post? Want me to do it again with a much thinner line? Don't think it will help though 😉

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

var.png

Did you miss my post? Want me to do it again with a much thinner line? Don't think it will help though 😉

That player behind yout line is not salah it is mane you plum !

Anyone think the old offside rule was worse than the newer rule?

As Brian Clough said, if you are on the pitch then you are interfering with play.

Football was so simple with regard to rules but they have to keep fannying around.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

As Brian Clough said, if you are on the pitch then you are interfering with play.

Football was so simple with regard to rules but they have to keep fannying around.

I was quite happy with the old rule and with the officials making the calls by eye.

except of course when the calls went against us.😉

• Like 1

Just now, ricardo said:

I was quite happy with the old rule and with the officials making the calls by eye.

except of course when the calls went against us.😉

And they always went against us😂

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I guess it's entertaining if you enjoy the replays and debate.

But you're right, it's moved the rule interpretation from the field to a room somewhere else. 

I suppose those irksome legacy supporters are not as important as the armchair subscribers 🙃

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I guess it's entertaining if you enjoy the replays and debate.

But you're right, it's moved the rule interpretation from the field to a room somewhere else. 

I suppose those irksome legacy supporters are not as important as the armchair subscribers 🙃

Apparently the game is too, too important now.

So we must have wasted our time all those years ago.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm more of a behind the sofa subscriber myself.🛋️

The Liverpool No 10 (Mane?) is clearly not interfering with play ... nah he really isn't... honest. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

var.png

But there is something wrong with this.

If you take it that the line marking the 6 yards box is square, which I would guess it is, he would be about level. The red line is not parallel with with the 6 yard line. So something it out of kilter here

2 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

But there is something wrong with this.

If you take it that the line marking the 6 yards box is square, which I would guess it is, he would be about level. The red line is not parallel with with the 6 yard line. So something it out of kilter here

image.png.9324ef191b209d665f320a4e632aef5f.png

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly though the fact Salah now has 100 goals in the Prem seems crazy. Stats wise only 9 more goals and he's the top all time winger goalscorer in the Prem

I saw a record about Sterlings "winger goalscorer" stats and I have to say I find these stats a bit odd.

Does it discount goals where these players were played through the middle? Or do all goals count as long as the player is primarily played as a winger? 

Because Thierry Henry arrived at Arsenal as a winger 😉

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Took me 5 seconds in Microsoft Paint. Maybe they should hire me? 😉

var.png

This is akin to 2+2 = 5 

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Funnily enough, I think the new offside rule is better, but it is harder for fans to understand.

The new rule makes it harder for teams to "play offside" and spoil the game

15 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Fannying around = jobs for the boys.  That's my real issue with it, it's something that has seen enough investment and people drawing a wage from it that even if it continues to ruin the experience and cause doubt it'll remain in place.

11 hours ago, Badger said:

Funnily enough, I think the new offside rule is better, but it is harder for fans to understand.

The new rule makes it harder for teams to "play offside" and spoil the game

Why don't they just get rid of offside? 🤭