Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

vaccine passport plans ditched

Maybe they decided enough NHS workers have been physically and verbally abused selling their policy without any condemnation or controlling of the anti vaxers ( yes anti vaxers are also protestors against passports, masks ect ect ). Our vaccination van was surrounded yesterday ( and had to close ) with a baying crowd many being brave enough to threaten nurses, 16 year old kids, with some chanting hang them all.

#gotyourbacksNHS

Edited by Well b back
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

Maybe they decided enough NHS workers have been physically and verbally abused selling their policy without any condemnation or controlling of the anti vaxers ( yes anti vaxers are also protestors against passports, masks ect ect ). Our vaccination van was surrounded yesterday ( and had to close ) with a baying crowd many being brave enough to threaten nurses, 16 year old kids, with some chanting hang them all.

#gotyourbacksNHS

Absolutely amazing WBB. As a punishment, I would vaccinate them.

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder what made them change their minds? Prehaps the Con -5 polls when they announced the plans? 😉

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58535258

Because the Tories have lost control of the mob that they encouraged. Same over here in US with the Republicans. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Absolutely amazing WBB. As a punishment, I would vaccinate them.

We were made to go home by the police. We were all wanting to stay till whenever it took ( without pay if necessary ) to vaccinate one more person.

Boris has drummed up this hatred towards the NHS, by not condemning the rally in Trafalger Square where  the **** Kate compared us NHS workers to **** war criminals and suggested we should all be hung. We have now set up our own Twitter page #gotyourbacksNHS. I am working on a vaccination bus 4 days this week, I alone will expect to be verbally abused or threatened somewhere between 12 and 40 times. I will be called a murderer, I will have my photo taken and my family threatened, I will be asked why I am not giving the horse worming drug that Trump recognised amongst other abuse. Part of your 1.2 % NI payment will be going on our 3 security guards. We will have names thrown at us that appear regular on here ‘ Mike Yeadon ‘ Ivor Cummins ‘ Donald Trump ‘ and we will see the picture that appears on here with the empty corridor in a hospital to help them justify we should be hung. One of my colleagues will receive physical threats. If we interact with them we are the ones likely to be arrested. We will be told to remove our ‘ muzzles. It is quite common for somebody to be assaulted.

I have put on here for your info Kate’s rant, I suspect if I stood in front of a crowd and said ( not that I  ever would ) a certain group should be hung I would be immediately arrested, but hey ho Boris has made the NHS workers fair game. It is important to note as well the group described in the U.K. as anti vaxers are anti lots of things, mask wearing, lockdowns ect and of course us in the NHS made it all up ect ect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Well b back said:

One of my colleagues will receive physical threats. If we interact with them we are the ones likely to be arrested. We will be told to remove our ‘ muzzles. It is quite common for somebody to be assaulted.

So sorry to hear this - thank you for what you're doing to help keep us all safe.

It's disgusting what the deluge of dis/misinformation has done to society.

• Like 2

On 12/09/2021 at 21:00, Well b back said:

We were made to go home by the police. We were all wanting to stay till whenever it took ( without pay if necessary ) to vaccinate one more person.

Boris has drummed up this hatred towards the NHS, by not condemning the rally in Trafalger Square where  the **** Kate compared us NHS workers to **** war criminals and suggested we should all be hung. We have now set up our own Twitter page #gotyourbacksNHS. I am working on a vaccination bus 4 days this week, I alone will expect to be verbally abused or threatened somewhere between 12 and 40 times. I will be called a murderer, I will have my photo taken and my family threatened, I will be asked why I am not giving the horse worming drug that Trump recognised amongst other abuse. Part of your 1.2 % NI payment will be going on our 3 security guards. We will have names thrown at us that appear regular on here ‘ Mike Yeadon ‘ Ivor Cummins ‘ Donald Trump ‘ and we will see the picture that appears on here with the empty corridor in a hospital to help them justify we should be hung. One of my colleagues will receive physical threats. If we interact with them we are the ones likely to be arrested. We will be told to remove our ‘ muzzles. It is quite common for somebody to be assaulted.

I have put on here for your info Kate’s rant, I suspect if I stood in front of a crowd and said ( not that I  ever would ) a certain group should be hung I would be immediately arrested, but hey ho Boris has made the NHS workers fair game. It is important to note as well the group described in the U.K. as anti vaxers are anti lots of things, mask wearing, lockdowns ect and of course us in the NHS made it all up ect ect.

I am not an anti-vaxxer. In fact, I am very much pro-vaccination and would urge anyone eligible for the jab to get it. But I also recognise that I live in a democracy and not a dictatorship, and not everyone will have the same opinion as me. This doesn't mean that you should be a target for abuse and I very much condemn any violent action against anyone who holds a particular point of view. 

There are many reasons why a person might choose not to get vaccinated. Perhaps they are concerned about reactions or side effects. Perhaps they do not trust a vaccine that has only gone through an emergency testing and rollout procedure and for which there is no historical data to draw upon. Perhaps they are against lockdowns as they face unpaid bills, bankruptcy, or loss of their homes. They might be from minority groups that traditionally have less trust in the systems of governance through their lived experiences.

Understandably, you are very upset at having to face abuse and threats when you are trying to do your best for people but it's a stretch to put the blame on Boris Johnson by claiming he is encouraging the hate of the NHS. On the contrary, life would be much easier for Johnson if everyone was vaccinated and restrictions lifted so that life could get back to normal. Nobody wants any more lockdowns.

If you check out on social media what is happening around the world with Covid, you will see some form of protest taking place not just in the UK but in almost every country in the world. In some parts of Australia they are now into their sixth lockdown and vaccination rates are still lagging behind everywhere else. People are beyond fed up, and are in many situations at breaking point. Some countries around the world have hardly started vaccinating and people see jobs disappearing and the future bleak beyond all belief. I think that after a shaky start, we have done quite well in this country. But governments have to be transparent and honest with people which they haven't been. And where transparency and honesty is lacking people will not have trust and they will pushback against the system. 

There are only a very few reasons to refuse a vaccination. The number of people who are refusing is clearly much higher than those reasons would warrant. It has become yet another political “game”. The most basic functions of governments is to protect the safety of the population and the general welfare. So they should stop faffing about and do just that, and responsible citizens should cooperate.

Edited by Surfer

On 26/09/2021 at 02:59, Surfer said:

There are only a very few reasons to refuse a vaccination. The number of people who are refusing is clearly much higher than those reasons would warrant. It has become yet another political “game”. The most basic functions of governments is to protect the safety of the population and the general welfare. So they should stop faffing about and do just that, and responsible citizens should cooperate.

One perfectly valid reason to refuse is if you've already had the virus (properly, not just a positive test with no symptoms). 

The real thing provides better immunisation than a vaccine consisting of a chimpanzee virus genetically modified with a tiny bit of covid DNA (AstraZeneca).  Vaccine experts are reluctant to admit it, but put them on the spot and they will agree.  

9 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

One perfectly valid reason to refuse is if you've already had the virus (properly, not just a positive test with no symptoms). 

The real thing provides better immunisation than a vaccine consisting of a chimpanzee virus genetically modified with a tiny bit of covid DNA (AstraZeneca).  Vaccine experts are reluctant to admit it, but put them on the spot and they will agree.  

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/why-covid-19-vaccines-offer-better-protection-than-infection

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

Edited by MooreMarriot