Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

So, Watford.

17 hours ago, makham said:

The officials adding on an hour's injury time might be a legit excuse, though, Midlands.

89th minute, goal up and ref halts play as ball goes out, touching his ear.

Screen behind us reads:  "VAR are double checking the entire match highlights."

Until I have had the benefit of seeing the qualities and capabilities of Kabak,Normann and Tzolis I would find it hard to name a team for the Watford game or even the formation.Whichever is used,4231,433 or 352 each formation will have different personnel.
I suspect Farke will stick with 433 unless Normann is considered the 'Skipp' replacement (which I don't think he is) then it will be 4231.
Williams will give Sarr (who incidentally I consider to be one of the worst offenders of cheating i.e. falling over, when they were in the Champ) a run for his money.If he switches to the left hopefully Aarons will stay a bit tighter to him than he normally does.
I also think that he will  start with only one of either Tzolis or Rashica.

6 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

No Troy Deeney for them anymore.....So it's deffo a home win..... OTBC!....

....I hope?....

I don't know who they have up front now but he's probably miles better than Deeney. He's hung on for ages because he was 'the man' there, their Russ Martin.

6 hours ago, 1902 said:

Watford at home is a completely winnable fixture and we are not a small side anymore that should get dominated by them. Thats just a perception that's a hangover from last time we were up. Only Gilmour is on the fragile aide of all the players we brought in.

We should get at least a point and I'd be disappointed if we don't.

However the absolute cowardice and fatalism of some on this forum is incredible. If we don't win we aren't relegated, we will definitely need to see huge improvements though.

Im prepared to bet that Farke isn't changing from 4-3-3 though.

What good is a point. If we can’t pick up 3 points at home to Watford when are we going to get 3 points. What easier games are there. I’d say that it’s imperative we get 3 points or we really are looking at another hopeless campaign.

if we only get a point at home to Watford that leave 16 more home games. If we won half of those. Which we wont. That would give us 25 points.  

The last time we were in the Premier league 35 points were needed to survive that means we need 10 points away from home. Where will that come from. Do you see 3 wins and a draw away from home. Or 10 draws or 2 wins and 4 draws you get the gist. 

The Season can’t start next game or next. It has to start Now! 

That’s  not Cowardice or fatalism it’s REALISM!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

What good is a point. If we can’t pick up 3 points at home to Watford when are we going to get 3 points. What easier games are there. I’d say that it’s imperative we get 3 points or we really are looking at another hopeless campaign.

We don't look at all settled or near to our definite 11 though.  I don't know how far Watford are in their progression this season?  And that's going to be a big factor in this game.  Fine margins, one mistake and you're a goal down.  Especially against a physical team who perhaps don't need to be as well oiled as our system requires.

I do agree though, we should be looking at 3 points here.  I'm at least expecting a draw but then I am very hopeful on our new signings.  Just need someone to tick with Pukki.

3 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Edited by 1902
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't know who they have up front now but he's probably miles better than Deeney. He's hung on for ages because he was 'the man' there, their Russ Martin.

This is harsh to Deeney as a player and Martin as a man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

Except points don't always come when and where you expect them, whether you can see them coming from away games or not is irrelevant.

If after 5 games you are saying we are definitely going to be relegated, whatever the results of those five games, that's fatalism. 

Id also say it's cowardice, because it's essentially protecting yourself from a potential disappointment by telling yourself that it will happen as far in advance as you can. That means you get to be less hurt if it does and get to lord it over others by saying that you were right.

It's basically the football forum equivalent of those kids I teach who refuse to work because they say there is no point and they will just fail anyway. It's just easier to sympathise with adolescents.

Also, capslock, really? Is this the daily express.

Utter Bõllôck! Less hurt! I’ve been as season ticket holder for over 35 years. Travelled all over following the boys. It always hurts every time we lose, under achieve, fail fulfil our potential. 

Lord it over others! Why would I want to lord over others, why would I want to celebrate the club I love failing. I pray I’m wrong not right.

Fatalism and cowardice, your really need to get out of the classroom once in a while get a couple of REAL ALES down your neck and actually watch the boys play.

then again what do they say those who can do, those who can’t teach!!!

26 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Edited by 1902

13 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

No Troy Deeney for them anymore.....So it's deffo a home win..... OTBC!....

....I hope?....

He didn't play at our place in the last game tbf. 

On 12/09/2021 at 12:56, Midlands Yellow said:

Pace is key for this one. Watford are physical but very static at the back. 

They are absolutely lightening fast up front though. 

3 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Fatalism and cowardice, your really need to get out of the classroom once in a while get a couple of REAL ALES down your neck and actually watch the boys play.

If you think you can drink REAL ALE (?) while watching a game of football you clearly haven’t been as often as you claim. Or ever.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2021 at 21:21, smooth said:

We need to be at it, it is easier said than done. But we need a performance and points from this game, I also think we have brought in quality and it is time to see them in the team.

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Kabak, Williams

Normann, McLean

Rashica, Cantwell, Tzolis

Pukki

Gunn, Andy O, Gibson, Gilmour, PLM, Sargent, Idah 

I would like Andy O to play but right now leadership, power, strength and combatative players are needed to free up the creativity.

I can see Gilmour, PLM and Sargent coming on, if we allow this creativity to be on show early and go for it we can then tighten it up. 

However if we played a midfield 3 of Normann, PLM, McLean it would be a gritty and determined midfield 3 with Tzolis and Rashica supporting Pukki.

This is not a game to rest on our laurels and have a slow start. We need to grasp momentum and lift the CR crowd from the start. We also need to come out of half time on top too, many times we have been slow at the end of the half and star of the 2nd half.

I am looking forward to it.

Almost exactly word for word my thoughts. My only change would be Hanley for either Gibson or Andy O.

---------------------------------Krul

Aarons Omobamidele Hanley Kabak Williams

----------------------Normann Mclean

Rashica----------------Sargent--------------Tzolis

I'd let them have the ball, 3 reasonably fast Cb's to deal with their pacy runners, two midfielders who can scrap in the middle and pace and an out ball for us up front. 

If we play players like Rupp, Gilmour, Pukki and Cantwell against them we will just get bullied again. The phrase that comes to mind whenever I watch us play Watford is men against boys. I'd sit deep to negate their pace up front and highlight their lack of technical ability and them break quickly to expose their slow backline by hitting Sargent early and laying it off for a winger to run at them. 

We won't play this way, but it's how you deal with a side like this. If we play our usual slow, short passing game I really fear or us tomorrow. The thought of Gilmour and or Rupp trying to compete with Etebo, Kucka and Sissoko in duels and Sarr running into the spaces we leave behind our full backs is pretty scary from our perspective. 

14 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'd let them have the ball, 3 reasonably fast Cb's to deal with their pacy runners, two midfielders who can scrap in the middle and pace and an out ball for us up front. 

Trouble here is that Normann is not used to the English game let alone the Prem.  He could be fooled into taking an early shower if he's as pumped up as his social media feed suggests. I don't know how lenient the Russian game is compared to ours.

Too risky for me, especially against a quick physical team.  We need 3 in Midfield if we play Normann, just so he's not kicking at heels from being over-ruled.

Edited by Google Bot

21 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If you think you can drink REAL ALE (?) while watching a game of football you clearly haven’t been as often as you claim. Or ever.

The real ale was a quip at the guy being a teacher. Anyhow. He’s a decent fella so nuff said!

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 19:09, Ken Hairy said:

Gunn

Aarons Hanley Kabak Williams 

Normann

Gilmour          McLean 

Rashica                          Tzolis

Sargent 

Subs: Krul, Sorenson, Gibson, Omobamidele, Gianoulis, Pukki, Idah, Lees-Melou, Cantwell 

I was close...... 😁