Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

So, Watford.

16 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't fear them. I just think they'll be too big, strong and fast for our defensive shape and will cut us open on the counter, while we're leisurely jogging back they would have given it to a pacy player who will run at our defense and cause havok. Other teams don't try to play like Wenger's Arsenal like we do so they can deal with Watford's lack of technical ability. Against us they will murder us in the spaces we leave behind our midfield and on set pieces and when we lose the ball high up the pitch. The though of Lukas Rupp lining up alongside their giants in the tunnel just gives me 2019 PTSD flashbacks where it was literally men against boys. 

I think that's the reason we brought in Kabak and Normann... the 'tanks' as some people called them when they signed.

You would think that Farke would make the spine of the team physically strong, so a core of Hanley, Kabak, McLean, Normann, PLM and Sargent should be enough to compete with the Burnleys and Watfords of the league.

On 12/09/2021 at 11:33, Kenny Foggo said:

Well there will be no excuses if we don't get a result Saturday.

Don't bet on  it Kenny as there will be posters lining up to make excuses if we do not get a result and probably more so if we fail to score yet again. The number of sleepwalkers on this forum is incredible.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

I wonder what Sky and the PL have decided to fix this games score at? Watford are a trendy, fashionable near London club with rich owners, there is absolutely no way they will let us beat them. I think the ref for that game has been told 2-0 Watford

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I wonder what Sky and the PL have decided to fix this games score at? Watford are a trendy, fashionable near London club with rich owners, there is absolutely no way they will let us beat them. I think the ref for that game has been told 2-0 Watford

I think 2-1 Watford, just to try and make it not so obvious 😁

8 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

We really need something out of this one. Our record against them is patchy recently but we ought to have enough about us if we don't get bullied out of it.

The alarm bells will be ringing loud and clear if we don't.

Agree Smithy, must win game now that the first horrible 4 are out of the way 

Krul

Aarons hanley omobamidele Williams

Normann 

McLean         gilmour

Cantwell                         Tzolis

Pukki 

On 11/09/2021 at 20:07, Christoph Stiepermann said:

For me the season starts after Watford, we won't beat them because like a modern day Stoke they are the antithesis of us and are built for PL survival. They'll kick the heels off of our attack, dominate our much smaller men in midfield then give it to Sarr who will completely take the **** out of us because we can't deal with pacy, dribbling players. 

How many games are in this imaginary season of yours? If it doesn’t include Watford, I assume fewer than 6. I’ve seen some nonsense on here about “the season doesn’t start until game 5 or whatever, but this takes the biscuit.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but the season started weeks ago, and it’s not going well.

• Like 2

Whichever team loses on Saturday will be fearing that it'll be a long and hard season ahead!

My heart says that we'll pull a magic performance out of the bag and blitz them with quick passing and ambition but my head says we'll get bullied and sucker punched by a team that has our number.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 20:23, Midlands Yellow said:

The last 3 teams to play them have won. If we’re scared of playing Watford at home and need the ref to hold our hand then we are doomed. 

If Norwich lose at home to Watford then that is basically the end of the season and all those who have come on here making excuses for Farke and the club will be dead in the water.

On 13/09/2021 at 06:35, Cantiaci Canary said:

Whichever team loses on Saturday will be fearing that it'll be a long and hard season ahead!

My heart says that we'll pull a magic performance out of the bag and blitz them with quick passing and ambition but my head says we'll get bullied and sucker punched by a team that has our number.

If Watford at home isn’t winnable what matches are? I believe we will win but if we don’t excuses on here will be in abundance come 17.50 on Saturday.

Krul

Aarons hanley omobamidele Williams

Normann        gilmour

Cantwell       Dowell            Tzolis

Pukki

• Like 1

The team will most likely be - 

Krul

Aarons   Omabamdele/Gibson Hanley Williams

Lees-Melou   McClean  Glimour 

Cantwell          Rashica

Pukki

Then, when we're 1-0 down, Tzolis, Sargent and 'one other' will come on after about 75 minutes and make no difference what so ever.

Normann and Kabak won't get anywhere near the pitch on Saturday as they only joined a week ago and Farke wants to give players a month or so to get used to how we play before even considering them for a starting berth. Which is why we should have pulled all the stops out in June to get them signed. We'll have them for the best part of 26-28 games this season, so basically 2 thirds of the season and it won't be enough to save us from the drop. But at least we will have given it a go this time huh?

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

Krul

Aarons     Hanley      Omobamidele     Williams 

Normann

Lees-Melou               McLean 

Rashica              Tzolis

Pukki

4-3-3 is neither offensive nor defensive with these players at present.   3-5-2 please, pretty please.  

Krul 

Omobamidele, Hanley, Gibson .....  (Kabak isn't near match fit apparently)

Aarons, Normann, Sorensen (or Lees-Melou or McLean), Williams or Giannoulis if fit.                                                                                                                              Cantwell (central position ahead of midfield two)

Pukki, Idah (or Rashica or Tzolis or Sargent)..... probably never been tougher for Daniel to select an eleven.

Edited by ged in the onion bag

On 11/09/2021 at 19:09, Ken Hairy said:

Gunn

Aarons Hanley Kabak Williams 

Normann

Gilmour          McLean 

Rashica                          Tzolis

Sargent 

Subs: Krul, Sorenson, Gibson, Omobamidele, Gianoulis, Pukki, Idah, Lees-Melou, Cantwell 

100%. Doubt it will happen though 

Do we fear Watford? I doubt that Williams, Gilmour, Normann, Kabak, Rashica, Tzolis, Lees-Melou or Sargent do. They are used to beating teams like Watford where they've come from. They will all be expecting to win quite comfortably. Hopefully they will all start. We just need 3 others to join them - Krul, Aarons and Hanley preferably.

• Like 1

Hanley 6ft 2in

Kabak 6ft 1in

Omobamidelis 6ft 2in

Gibson 6ft 1in

Sorenson 6ft 

Normann 5ft 10in

Lees melou 6ft 1in

Sargent 6ft  1in

Referring to the size of Watford players this is hardly a team of midgets

Edited by Discobolus
  • Like 3

Absolutely no other club in this league will fear Watford and most of them will beat them home. Defeat would be crushing for the fans and the players. It will not happen, it cannot happen. 

These are the matches I love to watch though, we had precious few like it last season so really looking forward to this.

• Like 2

On 11/09/2021 at 19:09, Ken Hairy said:

Gunn

Aarons Hanley Kabak Williams 

Normann

Gilmour          McLean 

Rashica                          Tzolis

Sargent 

Subs: Krul, Sorenson, Gibson, Omobamidele, Gianoulis, Pukki, Idah, Lees-Melou, Cantwell 

Big Andy for either cb and cantwell for rashica the rest, and your comment about kruls distribution so far is all spot on to me👌🙌

15 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

4-3-3 is neither offensive nor defensive with these players at present.   3-5-2 please, pretty please.  

Krul 

Omobamidele, Hanley, Gibson .....  (Kabak isn't near match fit apparently)

Aarons, Normann, Sorensen (or Lees-Melou or McLean), Williams or Giannoulis if fit.                                                                                                                              Cantwell (central position ahead of midfield two)

Pukki, Idah (or Rashica or Tzolis or Sargent)..... probably never been tougher for Daniel to select an eleven.

It is tough for Daniel to select an 11, makes players train and play to full potential unlike last PL campaign for us where the team practically picked itself week in week out

Really weird how there's a set of posters obsessed with claiming that any analysis of games or reasonings behind results class as 'excuses' - rather than just a conversation or, heaven forbid, some facts that may be intrinsically linked to performances and results.

On 13/09/2021 at 02:21, The Bunny said:

then give it to Sarr who will completely take the **** out of us because we can't deal with pacy, dribbling players. 

We never have been able to. Don't know what it is but all the seasons I've seen norwich players get to the byline far too easy and cut it back for tap ins.

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Do we fear Watford? I doubt that Williams, Gilmour, Normann, Kabak, Rashica, Tzolis, Lees-Melou or Sargent do. They are used to beating teams like Watford where they've come from. They will all be expecting to win quite comfortably. Hopefully they will all start. We just need 3 others to join them - Krul, Aarons and Hanley preferably.

Fear them, no. I also think we have to show some respect. The players we have signed as I have said many times have potential  but I don't believe any are the finished article(yet) The average age of the players you have mentioned must be about 22. A few of them were relegated from the bundesliga Last season. This does not make them a bad player just players at the start of a journey. Watford are far from a great team but in this league no one is weak. They have turned down bids for Sarr in the £40 million bracket. They have a midfielder who played twice for France at the last euros and a defender who played twice for England at the last World Cup. 

In short, no we should not fear them but please don't think this will be a foregone conclusion. I believe we can win this game but with our players bedding in who knows what will happen. 

More than anything I just wanted to take the pressure off the young lads who have been hyped up a lot and give them some room to breath.

Edited by Canaries north

17 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If Watford at home isn’t winnable what matches are? I believe we will win but if we don’t excuses on here will be in abundance come 17.50 on Saturday.

The officials adding on an hour's injury time might be a legit excuse, though, Midlands.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

It is tough for Daniel to select an 11, makes players train and play to full potential unlike last PL campaign for us where the team practically picked itself week in week out

Injuries didn’t help though, we did have some terrible misfortune throughout the season and too many couldn’t step up! 

certainly hope this group can. 

• Like 1

We need to be at it, it is easier said than done. But we need a performance and points from this game, I also think we have brought in quality and it is time to see them in the team.

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Kabak, Williams

Normann, McLean

Rashica, Cantwell, Tzolis

Pukki

Gunn, Andy O, Gibson, Gilmour, PLM, Sargent, Idah 

I would like Andy O to play but right now leadership, power, strength and combatative players are needed to free up the creativity.

I can see Gilmour, PLM and Sargent coming on, if we allow this creativity to be on show early and go for it we can then tighten it up. 

However if we played a midfield 3 of Normann, PLM, McLean it would be a gritty and determined midfield 3 with Tzolis and Rashica supporting Pukki.

This is not a game to rest on our laurels and have a slow start. We need to grasp momentum and lift the CR crowd from the start. We also need to come out of half time on top too, many times we have been slow at the end of the half and star of the 2nd half.

I am looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Watford at home is a completely winnable fixture and we are not a small side anymore that should get dominated by them. Thats just a perception that's a hangover from last time we were up. Only Gilmour is on the fragile aide of all the players we brought in.

We should get at least a point and I'd be disappointed if we don't.

However the absolute cowardice and fatalism of some on this forum is incredible. If we don't win we aren't relegated, we will definitely need to see huge improvements though.

Im prepared to bet that Farke isn't changing from 4-3-3 though.

• Like 1