Sign in to follow this  
unique

No more excuses

Next week against Watford is a ‘must win’ game.

The first four games were acknowledged as being the most difficult opening matches compared to every other team, but even the most pessimistic supporter must have been hoping against hope of at least a point to get us up and running.

The players don’t appear to be lacking confidence, but the morale of the supporters needs lifting.

Anything but a win and the two following matches, away at Everton and Burnley, start to look grim.

Farke now has a full week with the players. He simply has to set up a team next week to score goals. 

It may still be early days, but even that excuse will soon run it’s course.

• Like 2

Wish list for Watford:

Normann starts

At least one goal from open play

3 points

Nothing else is of any concern. I’d rather play 4-2-3-1 and concede a goal but win anyway that this ultra-defensive approach we seem to have adopted. I am also seriously concerned that Pukki without Emi is no longer the best striker at the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't see where the goals are coming from.

Normann must start, agreed, as well as Kabak.

What's coming up is the last thing we wanted or needed really, no way should a match this early in the season be a "must win" but Watford really is. It also doesn't help that it's against a team who seem to have our number in recent seasons.

4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Wish list for Watford:

Normann starts

At least one goal from open play

3 points

Nothing else is of any concern. I’d rather play 4-2-3-1 and concede a goal but win anyway that this ultra-defensive approach we seem to have adopted. I am also seriously concerned that Pukki without Emi is no longer the best striker at the club.

Fully expect us to revert back to this 

pukki has struggled without the no 10 that’ll change next week 

After our last 2 performances I'm confident that we'll get our first 3 points next week. 

Watford are struggling after an opening win against Villa and we're really lucky that a few have struggled to gain points after 4 games.

Many of us thought we'd struggle to get any points on the board from our first 4 games, which has proved the case. 

Our season starts now, and I'm positive that after 10 games we will be clear of the bottom 3. 

Stay positive 

1 hour ago, Sideshow Tim said:

After our last 2 performances I'm confident that we'll get our first 3 points next week. 

Watford are struggling after an opening win against Villa and we're really lucky that a few have struggled to gain points after 4 games.

Many of us thought we'd struggle to get any points on the board from our first 4 games, which has proved the case. 

Our season starts now, and I'm positive that after 10 games we will be clear of the bottom 3. 

Stay positive 

So our season is 34 games long, while our relegation rivals have 38 games? That doesn't bode well for our survival chances.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe
  • Like 1