Samwam27

What do you see as our strongest 11

For me it's a 4-2-3-1 of

Krul

Aarons Omo Kabak Williams

Normann Gilmour

Rashica Cantwell Tzlosis

Sargent

Sargent/Pukki to rotate, as will Cantwell/Dowell. Idah can provide cover for Rash/Tzlos. Mumba/Gian FB cover

I'm not a fan of 4-3-3. It provides greater defensive protection but I just can't see us scoring many goals with it. It's such a fine line as where/how do you  Mclean, PLM, Rupp

• Like 2

Since we have 11 new players and half of them have not even started two games yet, or have any EPL experience, plus we've had a difficult pre-season and fixtures, its absolutely impossible for anyone to reasonably pick a strongest 11 and that will be the case before at least December.  

Sorry to pee on your parade but you haven't seen Normann, Kabak or Sargent start a game in this league and unless you were at the Emirates, Big Andy and Tzolis too!   It takes some players a full season to work it out. 

6 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

For me it's a 4-2-3-1 of

Krul

Aarons Omo Kabak Williams

Normann Gilmour

Rashica Cantwell Tzlosis

Sargent

Sargent/Pukki to rotate, as will Cantwell/Dowell. Idah can provide cover for Rash/Tzlos. Mumba/Gian FB cover

I'm not a fan of 4-3-3. It provides greater defensive protection but I just can't see us scoring many goals with it. It's such a fine line as where/how do you  Mclean, PLM, Rupp

Looks good to me. Would still have Pukki up front and Sargent in place of Cantwell. Sarge won’t be enough of a goal scorer but will make things happen just by putting himself about more.  

There’s so much more to come from this team! 

As somebody who has never seen Kabak or Normann play I'll wait but I hope they make it.

Can't see us playing Gilmour in a 2 to be honest with you though.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

As somebody who has never seen Kabak or Normann play I'll wait but I hope they make it.

Can't see us playing Gilmour in a 2 to be honest with you though.

I think Gilmour in a 2 would be fine with some Muscle to back him up think Xavi and Busquets at Barcelona 

Also I thought Pukki had a good game today, getting his fitness back that's for sure.

Chances created for him have been at a minimum so far but I'd give that time. He's playing with an almost entirely new front end and hasn't played a poor team yet (maybe leicester were 😉 ).

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think Gilmour in a 2 would be fine with some Muscle to back him up think Xavi and Busquets at Barcelona 

Barca held the ball a bit better than us and Normann is hardly the DM people seem to think he is.

12 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Since we have 11 new players and half of them have not even started two games yet, or have any EPL experience, plus we've had a difficult pre-season and fixtures, its absolutely impossible for anyone to reasonably pick a strongest 11 and that will be the case before at least December.  

Sorry to pee on your parade but you haven't seen Normann, Kabak or Sargent start a game in this league and unless you were at the Emirates, Big Andy and Tzolis too!   It takes some players a full season to work it out. 

Ok.......who I would like to see......😉😜

4-2-3-1

Gunn 

Aarons 

Omabamidele

Kabak 

Gianoulis 

Normann 

Gilmore 

Tzolis 

Rashica 

Cantwell 

Sargent

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Barca held the ball a bit better than us and Normann is hardly the DM people seem to think he is.

It’s an example man of course we are not Barca but we do keep the ball well and pass it through the lines like how barca played in that generation. I see Gilmour and Xavi as two very similar style players who can control the pace of a game with the tempo of his passing. He has after all been training with Jorginho at Chelsea who is probably the best in the world at this at the moment 

Super hard to judge when we’ve had so many late arrivals and we haven’t seen much of some players but personally best guess on reputation and evidence for me would be this:

Krul

Aarons Hanley Omobamidele/Kabak Williams 

Gilmour Normann McLean 

Rashica Pukki Tzolis

Its what I’d play against Watford anyway

Teemu did what he could today so I think its a bit harsh to blame him. In fact if Lees Melou had provided a better pass in the first half, he might well have been in.

But he has little or no support. So its time to stop the safety first and get more players forward. Its clear unless we do, we are going down. The pundits don't dislike us as some people think, they just see us as unambitious on the pitch.

Fitness accepted

Krul

Aarons Andy Kabak  Williams

McLean Normann

Rashica Sargent Tzolis

Pukki

Interesting that people are ditching our £40m starlet, Cantwell. 

Krul

Aarons Hanley Kabak  Williams

Normann  McLean

Gilmour

Rashica                    Tzolis

Sargent

Midfield 3 to be fluid 

Krul today was pretty bad, yes he made a few good saves but his distribution is awful...how many times did he give the ball to an Arsenal player?

I'd like to see Gunn given a chance to show what he can do outside of a cup game, I can see him in the number 1 spot by the end of the season if Krul continues to have bad games.

Also we clearly can't play the ball up from the back like we did in the Championship....teams will high-press us and cause issues. Farke needs to adapt his plans to allow for this.

Edited by BigManInTheBarclay

Agreed on Krul. He seems to escape criticism relative to other players that have played well for us and made mistakes (Hanley for example). 

His performance today was a carbon copy of last time Norwich were at the Emirates. Gifted the goal with poor distribution after having several warning shots. I would keep Krul for Watford, play Gunn in the Liverpool cup game and if he proves himself then he should be knocking firmly on the door to start. 

I cant believe people want to see Krul dropped! That is nuts. Gunn is a good keeper but let's not forget his last game in the PL he conceded nine. Krul was our POTS in the PL last time. Wassgornon Neyul?

I dont like 433. That I will say. 4231 for me but the personnel is a tough choice as we haven't seen Kabak and Normann etc. For me, at the minute, probably:

Krul

Aarons 

Gian

Kabak

Hanley

Normann

Gilmour

Rashica

Cantwell

Tzolis

Pukki

I'm sure my opinion will change as the season goes on though. 

5 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Krul 

Aarons Gibson Kabak Gianoulis 

Normann Gilmour 

Tzolis    Lees-Melou   Rashica

Sargent 

is what I’d like to see 

Not far off what I would go with