Jump to content
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

How many games before we have to ask...

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...is there another coach available out there who could give us more chance of getting points and keeping us in this division?

Wow! You’re going to go down well.  Most on here will see today as great performance masterminded by a German genius! We’re so easily pleased we will probably extend the guys contract this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Wow! You’re going to go down well.  Most on here will see today as great performance masterminded by a German genius! We’re so easily pleased we will probably extend the guys contract this week.

What would you have done differently today mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farke has a 4 year contract so he's going nowhere unless he resigns upon relegation.

Rightly so he should be here all this season even if it means we go down.

A long way to go yet and a 3 points against Watford things will look much better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This opening post is one of the top reasons it's best to stay away from this forum after a disappointing result.

A narrow loss influenced again by a shoddy decision, four matches against four fancied teams (3 reckoned to be teams at least aiming for Europe or top 6, arguably all 4 of them) and we are looking at or contemplating changing the manager.

Talk about a lack of patience. Imagine thinking like this 4 games into 38. Not even 19 games, not even 10!

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Main question is the incessant playing it out from the back. Krul made me very nervous today, he needs to tweak this and allow room to just smash it upfield to clear lines.

Trouble is we have very little physicality to deal with those instances so there's a chance it comes straight back. 

Still got a few weeks till we see our true identity this season, I just hope he nails that immediate concern which cost us previously in the prem. 

Whether that's an instruction to clear the ball into space or change of personnel is for him to work out. 

Krul was great other than that though. 

Edited by Google Bot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Farke has a 4 year contract so he's going nowhere unless he resigns upon relegation.

Rightly so he should be here all this season even if it means we go down.

A long way to go yet and a 3 points against Watford things will look much better.

Absolutely not!.....the way we spinlessley went down after the covid restart...coupled with a poor start to this season

The club got off lightly throughout the pathetic showing of how meekly we got relegated 2 seasons ago because there were no fans in the stadium

Another run resembling anything like that wont be so easily brushed off this time...moreso with the money invested

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Main question is the incessant playing it out from the back. Krul made me very nervous today, he needs to tweak this and allow room to just smash it upfield to clear lines.

For me it was less Krul and more Hanley forcing him to rush.

Also yes sonyc, OP is an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

This opening post is one of the top reasons it's best to stay away from this forum after a disappointing result.

A narrow loss influenced again by a shoddy decision, four matches against four fancied teams (3 reckoned to be teams at least aiming for Europe or top 6, arguably all 4 of them) and we are looking at or contemplating changing the manager.

Talk about a lack of patience. Imagine thinking like this 4 games into 38. Not even 19 games, not even 10!

Or you could answer the queston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to question Farke ‘s Tatics at this level , Arsenal were there to have a go at them but we did the same as two years ago . Got to say gets a bit depresssing watching us in the premier league . Worst thing about today was brought tickets for Everton after a few beers in pub today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Plan A is to have a cr@p Premier League show and go straight back down but a massive Cup Run….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not long I'd have thought. It's usually 4 or 5 games in. Has been the last three seasons.

I'm still confident we will stay up. With the current coach.💛⚽💚

I hope the "askers" keep it to here though.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect Farke to be here next season to pilot us to a third Championship title.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

What would you have done differently today mate 

Played Normann and Kabak- and not gone for 4-3-3 but reverted to something a little more attacking with both Rashica and Tzolis on at the same time. Would also have played Sargent over Pukki 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I've asked a question?....you appear to be the f*cking idiot

Nah, you were looking to provoke a reaction. Congrats on that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People often say, well yeah Guardiola, Klopp and Wenger etc are great at big clubs, but what would they do with a smaller club? That's us basically, we're seeing what a top level coach would do with an inferior team in the hardest league in the world. 

 

Absolutely do not sack Farke under any circumstances. We need to back him in any way we can. In Omobamidele, Aarons and Idah we have at least  50m worth of talent there, so I think we should invest that in January and sell those 3 players as collateral if we go down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Played Normann and Kabak- and not gone for 4-3-3 but reverted to something a little more attacking with both Rashica and Tzolis on at the same time. Would also have played Sargent over Pukki 

The guys who have had next to no team training and are are jetlagged and not at full fitness. Bold but I like it.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus wept. Man City aside we've been fine against a lot of very good sides. If we're rock bottom at Christmas with no hope of survival this thread makes a little more sense but even then I wouldn't agree. It's so early right now. Loads and loads of games to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Played Normann and Kabak- and not gone for 4-3-3 but reverted to something a little more attacking with both Rashica and Tzolis on at the same time. Would also have played Sargent over Pukki 

Kabak hasn't played a league game since April. Sargent was injured. 

Has one of your wires come loose? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Kabak hasn't played a league game since April. Sargent was injured. 

Has one of your wires come loose? 

Why wasn't Hooze on at half time Neil?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

So youre telling me whats behind my question?

Answer it...debate it....or just f*** off

I think that is what was behind your question, yes.

I won't debate it with you because of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

The guys who have had next to no team training and are are jetlagged and not at full fitness. Bold but I like it.

Who needs to understand a system and be fully fit in modern football?  In the most physically demanding league in the world. 

FARKE OUT

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, adie b said:

Got to question Farke ‘s Tatics at this level , Arsenal were there to have a go at them but we did the same as two years ago . Got to say gets a bit depresssing watching us in the premier league . Worst thing about today was brought tickets for Everton after a few beers in pub today 

@Adie b

I thought we still had to play a balanced team. Look what happened in the second half when we opened up and pushed forward. 
 

I was happy with 0-0 at half time and thought we held Arsenal to no real danger. Second half when we started to have a go, the game opened up. We maybe should have went a bit more defensive and held on for a draw rather than go for it. Would have kept Rupp on the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

I think that is what was behind your question, yes.

I won't debate it with you because of that.

Well if you wont answer ...or debate it...instead choosing to insult, I suppose the third option is the only one left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was Arsenal away and they beat us by a fluky two deflection goal that was questionable offside. There was much to praise in that performance as the commentators kept saying. We were in the match all the way and the midfield 3 were at the heart of that with Lees-Melou and McLean scoring 7.0 and 6.9 on WhoScored. Hanley and Omobamidele formed a good partnership and Williams had his best game yet. Had Normann been available instead of Rupp we could have had a result from that. Watford lost 2-0 at home to Wolves and the others at the bottom also lost and they'll all have to play these 4 top teams (Southampton travel up to ManCity next week). A win against Watford at CR and we're right back in the mix.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...