GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

How many games before we have to ask...

I’m as disappointed as anyone with the result but we didn’t play like a team that won’t win games.

These were 4 fixtures you wouldn’t expect us to be likely to get anything from, they just happen by fixture list fate to have come at once.

We just gave him a 4 year contract. Farkes our coach for the long haul, better get used to it.

You just need to remember guys that more attacking players doesn't equal better results or even more chances. Quite often in the Championship we'd get a midfielder or full back pushing forward with 4 or 5 players just standing on the opposition penalty area, not only is this counter productive at the top level you will get punished for it. You can sometimes create more and better chances with a solid team because you win the back back more often.

I like everybody else on here is no tactical genius. But I think some fans need to learn that. We can dominate with attacking players at Championship level, but in this league it doesn't work. See our last campaign at this level for reference. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I’m as disappointed as anyone with the result but we didn’t play like a team that won’t win games.

These were 4 fixtures you wouldn’t expect us to be likely to get anything from, they just happen by fixture list fate to have come at once.

We just gave him a 4 year contract. Farkes our coach for the long haul, better get used to it.

The fixtures on paper maybe...but , we wouldnt have caught Leicester in many better circumstances than when we played them with Evans Fofana Vestergaard Justin and Bertrand out...and the Pereira then going off injured.

..and then today, we won't find Arsenal at a lower ebb than this .

Just feel than plenty of other teams would have taken better advantage of the timing

I didnt think Arsenal looked a class above us today, even with their proven talent on show in the likes of Saka,  Odergaard and Aubamayang.

We arent even vaguely close to contemplating the tiniest concept of perhaps maybe one day sacking Farke.

There will always be a few loud ones online but it won't translate to the terraces unless we are winless in 15 games.

Just now, hogesar said:

I didnt think Arsenal looked a class above us today, even with their proven talent on show in the likes of Saka,  Odergaard and Aubamayang.

We arent even vaguely close to contemplating the tiniest concept of perhaps maybe one day sacking Farke.

There will always be a few loud ones online but it won't translate to the terraces unless we are winless in 15 games.

Agreed. They threw everything at us for a lot of the game and we stood up to it reasonably well.

It was hardly the performance they put on against Brentford.

Just now, adie b said:

Ruppinho . Did you go ? 

@adie b I don’t see why that is relevant. I assume you went and by the looks of your first post, probably enjoyed the pre game beers a little too much and have a little bit of beer goggle regret? 
See you at Goodison though, or maybe not….  

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

And to be clear, he means 15 games this season. 

9 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

And to be clear, he means 15 games this season. 

Oh no, I'm picking 4 boring games from his first season in charge, then i'll pull another 7 or 8 from our last season in the Premier League.....😂

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

What would you have done differently today mate 

It’s not about today really. It’s about this season and the last premiership season. It’s about being toothless, naive, the fact we can’t keep a clean sheet. The selections, the substitutions the constant records of failure at this level that we rack up. It’s about confidence, momentum,    being lightweight and frankly about can the guy change anything enough to arrest what could possibly be even worse than last time.

you can level it all at the Club the owners or to Farke but it has to stop soon or we’re going to become the worst premiership club ever!

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...is there another coach available out there who could give us more chance of getting points and keeping us in this division?

Personally I prefer to take a view on our prospects after say 10 games as that seems a reasonable amount to me............

Yes we’ve started the season with 4 straight defeats, but there are still 34 games left to play. We knew it wouldn’t be an easy start either once our fixture list was announced, and apart from Man City I feel we’ve made some good performances. We put in a good effort against Liverpool, were very unlucky not to get a point against Leicester, and it sounds like Arsenal’s winner against us should have been ruled out for handball in the build up 

You can’t judge how a team will do this early in the season. I will give it at least 10 games before I start making predictions on how we do. If you think we’re definitely going to get relegated because we’ve failed to pick up a single point from our opening 4 games, then you must think that Brighton are prime candidates for Europe and Leeds are going to face a relegation battle this season - if they lose to Liverpool and Burnley pick up a point against Everton then they will fall into the bottom 3!

Edited by HazzaJet

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Absolutely not!.....the way we spinlessley went down after the covid restart...coupled with a poor start to this season

The club got off lightly throughout the pathetic showing of how meekly we got relegated 2 seasons ago because there were no fans in the stadium

Another run resembling anything like that wont be so easily brushed off this time...moreso with the money invested

It hasn't occurred to you that there was a direct link between there being no fans in Carrow Road and losing all those last five home games, given that the last home game before fans were banned was a win against Leicester City?

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

For me it was less Krul and more Hanley forcing him to rush.

Also yes sonyc, OP is an idiot.

With our lack of a big powerful striker it is blindingly obvious that Krul is under strict instructions that on most occasions we play it out via the back. Otherwise we will invariably lose possession. Unfortunately these tactics will cause Krul to take some risky decisions which he would rather avoid. Additionally his footwork is not his best asset.

16 minutes ago, vos said:

With our lack of a big powerful striker it is blindingly obvious that Krul is under strict instructions that on most occasions we play it out via the back. Otherwise we will invariably lose possession. Unfortunately these tactics will cause Krul to take some risky decisions which he would rather avoid. Additionally his footwork is not his best asset.

What a shame we f**ked one off on loan to WBA 

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...is there another coach available out there who could give us more chance of getting points and keeping us in this division?

Chris wilder

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

What a shame we f**ked one off on loan to WBA 

Of all the things I expected to read on here tonight a call for Hugil was not one of them.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yobocop said:

What would you have done differently today mate 

To be fair today Farke got it badly wrong with the subs. You could argue that as usual we were tiring a bit just before they scored but certainly by chucking on attacking players snd surrendering the midfield Arsenal could have scored another 2 or 3 had they been more clinical. 

The short goal kicks is also clearly a tactic that needs to be ditched ASAP. 

47 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It hasn't occurred to you that there was a direct link between there being no fans in Carrow Road and losing all those last five home games, given that the last home game before fans were banned was a win against Leicester City?

I'm not having that losing 10 games in a row and only scoring 2 goals after the re start was all down to there being no fans.

You may be that easily passified but not me

We have played two teams at their lowest ebb, and not taken a point or scored in open play...both Arsenal and Leicester were poor but seemed to have zero plan when starting today but grew into it. Brandon was amazing first half. But we create so little and have not replaced what Buendia offer us. T

Our stats in the premier league under Farke are shocking.. they need to improve. No he is a nice guy (he is)..it's a result driven business and continually losing is boring

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

I expect Farke to be here next season to pilot us to a third Championship title.

You’re writing this season off without seeing Kabak or Normann play a single minute and without seeing our best 11 play together??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Absolutely not!.....the way we spinlessley went down after the covid restart...coupled with a poor start to this season

The club got off lightly throughout the pathetic showing of how meekly we got relegated 2 seasons ago because there were no fans in the stadium

Another run resembling anything like that wont be so easily brushed off this time...moreso with the money invested

Excellent post. That run in was truly awful but most fans waved it aside as almost irrelevant. Four more defeats in this league have followed and you do wonder where points are going to come from. Today we were well in the game at half time but instead of building on that position and going for the win we sat back and back and guess what happened!! In the end we could easily have been done 3 or 4 in that second half.As per normal Farke tactics, poor Adam Idah again has to make do with a paltry ten minutes. Farkes treatment of him is now getting very annoying. Goodness only knows how he himself feels!

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Excellent post. That run in was truly awful but most fans waved it aside as almost irrelevant. Four more defeats in this league have followed and you do wonder where points are going to come from. Today we were well in the game at half time but instead of building on that position and going for the win we sat back and back and guess what happened!! In the end we could easily have been done 3 or 4 in that second half.As per normal Farke tactics, poor Adam Idah again has to make do with a paltry ten minutes. Farkes treatment of him is now getting very annoying. Goodness only knows how he himself feels!

Adam Idah is not a premiership striker.? I doubt he is a 10 goal championship forward

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Adam Idah is not a premiership striker.? I doubt he is a 10 goal championship forward

And how much meaningful football has he actually played might I ask? If he is as 'poor' as you seem to imagine then it is rank bad management by Farke and Webber to retain him surely?

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm not having that losing 10 games in a row and only scoring 2 goals after the re start was all down to there being no fans.

You may be that easily passified but not me

I did not say that, and I have never been easily pacified.

5 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The fixtures on paper maybe...but , we wouldnt have caught Leicester in many better circumstances than when we played them with Evans Fofana Vestergaard Justin and Bertrand out...and the Pereira then going off injured.

..and then today, we won't find Arsenal at a lower ebb than this .

Just feel than plenty of other teams would have taken better advantage of the timing

Later in the season maybe but we have a new squad bedding in and still got one or two to come in (Normann and kabak) 

always think it’s best to wait 10 games in this league before assessing where we are at 

you don’t get relegated after 4 matches 

20 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

you don’t get relegated after 4 matches 

We might because apparently results from two seasons ago count this time around...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I've asked a question?....you appear to be the f*cking idiot

No you’re wrong. Quite clearly it’s you!!