cambridgeshire canary

Meanwhile in binner land

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

We're allowed opinions horsefly. That's what this message board is all about. Don't quite understand why you're so angry and defensive. 

It's kind of hypocritical to tell me I don't have to respond to a thread if I'm not interested, then don't like me calling you thick, but respond with "don't be so mind-numbingly stupid"

Saying I'm a Norwich fan who likes to talk about Norwich isn't wrong or false. It's a Norwich board of Norwich fans. Of course I get that (& in hindsight I see it's a dumb statement to make on a Norwich board). The point I was making (which is valid, as some backed me up) is there are Norwich fans who just like talking Norwich, and there are Norwich fans on here who want to talk about other clubs, and some seem obsessed about Ipswich. My opinion, in which I'm entitled to, is to talk about Norwich on here. SO there is a difference, even though you don't believe I can speak English  

I'd suggest you take a happy pill and try calming down today. There are many aggressive posters on here who just like tearing others apart, but then it's all about opinions, or isn't that allowed either? I'm sure you'll want to vilify me for this response, and that's completely your prerogative, if you so choose to. 

Also tried to ensure this response met your intelligible standards 

You couldn't make it up! Your first post on this thread said "As a Norwich supporter and Norwich forum who gives a f*ck about what's happening at Ipswich. Lets talk Norwich. If you wanna talk about our local rivals join their forum", but now you protest "We're allowed opinions horsefly. That's what this message board is all about. Don't quite understand why you're so angry and defensive." So perhaps you can enlighten us as to what your position actually is: do we all have to F off and join a different fan forum if we wish to discuss Ipswich, or do we all have a right to our opinions because "that's what this message board is all about"? It ought to be plainly obvious that you have annoyed people precisely because your first statement is in complete contradiction to the latter, and was also very disrespectful of people who wished to discuss the plight of City's local rivals (Do feel free to identify any football fan forum where that type of discussion about local rivals doesn't take place).

To suggest that others need to calm down having yourself provoked anger with  such a rude and aggressive original post displays an alarming lack of self-awareness. I suggest you read your original post again and then consider the egregious hypocrisy of saying, "There are many aggressive posters on here who just like tearing others apart".

53 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I just have no interest, personally, in talking Ipswich, that's all.

Does that mean you will or won't post a seventh time on a thread about Ipswich then? 

• Haha 1

The schadenfreude is a nice comforter for me when we are performing poorly, it puts things into a perspective, but no more than that.

I imagine they are similarly getting some small amount of pleasure from seeing us struggle pretty badly in our first few games, so I'd much rather they didn't have any 'at least Norwich are doing rubbish...' to fall back on - even for just a tiny amount of relief. Of course, there is an absolute chasm between us in quality, but I'm sure its easy for them to ignore this, and in fairness fan-suffering is all relative - we all laugh at Arsenal struggling too don't we?

When we hopefully start playing well and picking up points (fingers crossed from Saturday), their suffering will be much more enjoyable. Lets give them no reasons to be hopeful nor seek comfort, much better!

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

You couldn't make it up! Your first post on this thread said "As a Norwich supporter and Norwich forum who gives a f*ck about what's happening at Ipswich. Lets talk Norwich. If you wanna talk about our local rivals join their forum", but now you protest "We're allowed opinions horsefly. That's what this message board is all about. Don't quite understand why you're so angry and defensive." So perhaps you can enlighten us as to what your position actually is: do we all have to F off and join a different fan forum if we wish to discuss Ipswich, or do we all have a right to our opinions because "that's what this message board is all about"? It ought to be plainly obvious that you have annoyed people precisely because your first statement is in complete contradiction to the latter, and was also very disrespectful of people who wished to discuss the plight of City's local rivals (Do feel free to identify any football fan forum where that type of discussion about local rivals doesn't take place).

To suggest that others need to calm down having yourself provoked anger with  such a rude and aggressive original post displays an alarming lack of self-awareness. I suggest you read your original post again and then consider the egregious hypocrisy of saying, "There are many aggressive posters on here who just like tearing others apart".

Quite right horsefly. 

I suspect that people who aren't bothered about Ipswich weren't around from 1975 to 85 when they had a superb team that absolutely hammered us on a regular basis.  Their current misery brings joy to me and if that makes me seem sad I really don't care.  If I ever forget what it used to be like I pop over to TWTD for a reminder😂

The extraordinary thing about TWTD at the moment is that not one of their posters is concerned about relegation. They're more worried about how far they are behind and one even admits that they may not make the top 2 now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Quite right horsefly. 

I suspect that people who aren't bothered about Ipswich weren't around from 1975 to 85 when they had a superb team that absolutely hammered us on a regular basis.  Their current misery brings joy to me and if that makes me seem sad I really don't care.  If I ever forget what it used to be like I pop over to TWTD for a reminder😂

The extraordinary thing about TWTD at the moment is that not one of their posters is concerned about relegation. They're more worried about how far they are behind and one even admits that they may not make the top 2 now. 

All joking aside, they shouldn't get relegated. Unfortunately.  They have scored as many goals as the leaders and that should be enough to scrape some wins together, but they have conceded more than anyone else so there is always hope.

interesting side note, Mk Dons and Afc Wimbledon both in the playoffs, what a final that would be.  

On 11/09/2021 at 18:55, BroadstairsR said:

Why do we always get this sanctimonious ****e whenever a thread about the binners is  posted?

Some of us, including myself, enjoy the rivalry and especially when the gift keeps on giving the way it does.

I'm fcuked if anybody is going to lecture me on just how and how not I should get my pleasures.

The topic is well labelled. Don't click on it if you don't approve.

I'm sure ip**** fans didn't take much pleasure when we were down in the 3rd tier 🤭. Its a rivalry, its what it's all about. Yes we have our issues, but our issues are we've lost lost to liverpool, city, Leicester & arsenal where as they've lost to 3 sides that were in league 2 last season.

• Like 1

There's regularly a lot of coverage of all things NCFC on their forum. So much so that it (TWTD)was once labelled the 'Daily Norwich.'

Much of it silly and ill-informed, some vile and a lot of it filled with churlish jealousy.

They even pop up on here occasionally, but it's only when they feel that they have something to crow about. Makin (?) Where are you? He was all over this board following their latest takeover.

Any Norwich fan with a heritage of supporting the club will have been brought up with the rivalry in their blood.

I wouldn't know how this transfers to players and management, but the build up and match day atmosphere should at least be enough to fire them up.

I'd love to draw them in the F.A. Cup this season, with DF putting out his strongest, strong side. Unneeded and unlikely, though.

If only the Germans had a word for schadenfreude

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

There's regularly a lot of coverage of all things NCFC on their forum. So much so that it (TWTD)was once labelled the 'Daily Norwich.'

Much of it silly and ill-informed, some vile and a lot of it filled with churlish jealousy.

They even pop up on here occasionally, but it's only when they feel that they have something to crow about. Makin (?) Where are you? He was all over this board following their latest takeover.

Any Norwich fan with a heritage of supporting the club will have been brought up with the rivalry in their blood.

I wouldn't know how this transfers to players and management, but the build up and match day atmosphere should at least be enough to fire them up.

I'd love to draw them in the F.A. Cup this season, with DF putting out his strongest, strong side. Unneeded and unlikely, though.

If only the Germans had a word for schadenfreude

Extremely unlikely as they would have to win 2 games to get to the 3rd round 🙄

51 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

They even pop up on here occasionally, but it's only when they feel that they have something to crow about. Makin (?) Where are you?

Makin , I recall, was a particularly odious sort who came on here to explain the intricacies of international pension funds and the minutiae surrounding the new structure of the ownership. I use the term odious for the following reasons .

1 Nobody asked for his, or any other other binner’s opinion

2 it was done in one of those awful “I come in peace”  routines that everyone knows is cobblers 

3 see point 1 

3 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Not you too Badger. Yes I like looking and talking about other teams, especially those around us. . I just have no interest, personally, in talking Ipswich, that's all.

For the sake of balance can I just say that I currently LOVE talking about 1p5wich and will happily continue at every opportunity as things currently stand . 

Many thanks 

GPB. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

Well hello horsefly. I see you're still not happy, and still picking holes in my responses.

In my original post I said i'm personally not interested in talking about Ipswich. I'm allowed that opinion, as you are allowed yours (even about me, despite making personal assumptions about me).

In all my further posts I haven't actually talked about the local rivals, so haven't deviated from my original post (more like trying to defend myself from others who are trying to rip my statements apart). So I'm not contradicting myself, even if you have the opinion I am. PS I was around in early 70's when our local rivals were a real force!

I've said, I have the opinion I prefer talking about Norwich, rather than rivals, and went onto to say we all have opinions. I see nothing contradicting about that

If you like talking about our rivals , do so. I get many people like seeing our rivals struggle, and that's great for them. You can talk about it here, or do so on their forum. It's your choice. In all my responses (I'm sorry if 've offended people, quite clearly many, but if you read all posts and topics, nearly every person gets berated for saying something on here) I haven't talked about "our rivals," I've been defending those attacking me. So I haven't contradicted anything. Anyone can take any statement out of context (Thanks Bot for doing an audit on all my posts-You are most certainly on the ball 🙂)

Are you saying you don't believe there are aggressive posters on this forum? Are you saying you're actually not being aggressive towards me and it's all in light hearted jest? Posters make comments in jest, and others state things because they are angry. C'mon  to deny no one is ever aggressive on this forum is a lie? 

As I said, every opinion is valid, whether it's right or wrong, and everyone is entitled to make their own opinions. I made a general statement (ok so it's upset people, and for that I apologise) about my opinion of personally wanting to talk Norwich (I love debating Norwich, and have no interest talking about "them" even in their current demise), rather than what's happening down the road. You're choosing to express your opinion about what I'm saying (and some personal jibes at me.  E.g. Or did you think "binner land" referred to the world of refuse collection?, followed by comments about "your command of English is so appallingly bad. Best not to call people thick when you say such ridiculous things"). 

You've also said I don't have any self awareness. I spend most of my life helping others, so dislike your comments. You win! I just don't like laughing at anyone else's demise or problems, even if it's our arch rivals. I get it many do, and that's fine. We all see things differently. FTR several people agreed with my original post, but I don't see you berating them, especially if they share my same opinion. Why not go after them for agreeing with such an utter "piffle" statement, to be consistent

FTR I never said anyone had to f*ck off from this forum. I said I don't give a f*ck about talking about them. I said if you like talking about other clubs, join they're forum. I said nothing about leaving this forum. Be on both and get the best of both worlds. Several of the comments I've made have been taken out of context (e.g. Graham said I'd said KL are a local rival, when my post said local teams/rivals).   

We both have our own opinions. Any chance of a truce on this as we see things differently, and have different opinions? And if I don't get attacked again, I won't make any other comments on this thread and leave you guys to it

But I'll get involved on other threads as that's my choice and my opinion to share. Have tried to be fair. Have tried to apologise. Can't do more than that, but I haven't contradicted myself

Edited by Samwam27

I remember being at Barnsley many years ago. We lost. At that time an away loss was expected as it happened regularly. I was with my daughter and as we were leaving the binners result was announced. They lost. Most of us laughed and cheered but one angry old boy went into one, effing and blinding about us being carp but "it's ok because they lost."

Most of those leaving laughed at him which didn't help his mood. I wonder if he posts on here🙃

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Bloody hell Sam, you've done the nigh on impossible here, you've made me agree with Horsie... 😱😱

FFS Ken, I just can't win here

6 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

FFS Ken, I just can't win here

Need to cut your losses and run in this one mate, we've all got to take a loss occasionally 😂

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Need to cut your losses and run in this one mate, we've all got to take a loss occasionally 😂

I asked for a truce, happy to cut my losses on this one as I can't see it happening  🤣🤣

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I remember being at Barnsley many years ago. We lost. At that time an away loss was expected as it happened regularly. I was with my daughter and as we were leaving the binners result was announced. They lost. Most of us laughed and cheered but one angry old boy went into one, effing and blinding about us being carp but "it's ok because they lost."

Most of those leaving laughed at him which didn't help his mood. I wonder if he posts on here🙃

The train home on Saturday. Spirits were beginning to rise as a few of the Canaries had had a few more beers , a card school was underway , and a ladies hen party travelling back from London had joined in. 

However , the best part of the trip was pulling into Binland - and a few ITFC shirts were spotted . A happy rendition of “5.2 to the Wanderers” rang out from many carriages. Without doubt a highlight . 

Anyone that isn’t interested in the Binners , doesn’t remember the stick we all got when they actually had a decent side . 

Long may it continue to soften the blow when we lose. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

For the sake of balance can I just say that I currently LOVE talking about 1p5wich and will happily continue at every opportunity as things currently stand . 

Many thanks 

GPB. 

I work in Suffolk so know plenty of Ipswich fans or ex Ipswich fans more like. We always talk football on a Monday and after another Norwich loss I was feeling a bit depressed but every Town follower said they would much rather be us. 

Going off topic a bit,  I work right on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and half of us live in Norfolk the other half in Suffolk and several in Ipswich itself.

The football demographic looks like this:

I live just into Suffolk = life long Norwich fan

3 born and raised in Norfolk = One Liverpool fan (never been to Anfield). One Everton fan (never been to Goodison). One West Ham fan (never been to a game of football anywhere).

3 born and raised in Suffolk = Was Ipswich supporter now Stowmarket Town and Man U (never been to Old Trafford), Two were Ipswich supporters now Liverpool (never been to Anfield), Ipswich supporter (more or less given up, never talks about them)

Its pretty amazing how many so called fans, a) don't support their local team and are purely glory hunters and b) how easily Ipswich fans desert the ranks

• Like 1