Sign in to follow this  
For the future

Need a new striker

16 hours ago, For the future said:

In January 2022 we need a new striker as we had only one shot on goal and we will not win games like this the same problem as last time when we got in the premier league 😞

I like your logic. How many goals have we conceded? 

We need a new keeper!

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The bench looked strong because at least 5 of them should have been in the starting line up.

If they were , the bench would have probably looked quite limited

Hmmm, and which five would that be?

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Normann Gilmour Cantwell Raschica Kabak

That's the easy bit, who should they have replaced?

So many people have been saying for so long that we need a plan B, well the team and structure we employed yesterday, I am sure, is not going to be the regular team or set up. I think Farke tried to do something he hasn't done enough of and picked a team to do a job. Had it not been for the goal, not offside but handball earlier in the build up, we would have had a point from the Emirates. I would have been happy with that. 

Surely you do not think we have paid out big, for us, money on players to sit on the bench? They will play when they have trained with the team and are ready. Be patient.

Just now, Yellow Wal said:

That's the easy bit, who should they have replaced?

So many people have been saying for so long that we need a plan B, well the team and structure we employed yesterday, I am sure, is not going to be the regular team or set up. I think Farke tried to do something he hasn't done enough of and picked a team to do a job. Had it not been for the goal, not offside but handball earlier in the build up, we would have had a point from the Emirates. I would have been happy with that. 

Surely you do not think we have paid out big, for us, money on players to sit on the bench? They will play when they have trained with the team and are ready. Be patient.

Whether it should gave been yesterday or for the next game, the players I've mentioned are 1st XI players. If they were and you then looked at the bench with Rupp McLean Dowell , it wouldnt look quite so strong

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Whether it should gave been yesterday or for the next game, the players I've mentioned are 1st XI players. If they were and you then looked at the bench with Rupp McLean Dowell , it wouldnt look quite so strong

Looks can be deceiving, they were there to do a job, and they nearly did.

Rupp playing surprised me a bit, McLean not at all but Dowell most of all. As I said I cannot believe that he is going to base his team around those players and I agree, if he does the future will not look too rosy. 

I believe he needs time with the new players before he plays them.

Who were the other two you would not have played?

1 minute ago, Yellow Wal said:

Looks can be deceiving, they were there to do a job, and they nearly did.

Rupp playing surprised me a bit, McLean not at all but Dowell most of all. As I said I cannot believe that he is going to base his team around those players and I agree, if he does the future will not look too rosy. 

I believe he needs time with the new players before he plays them.

Who were the other two you would not have played?

Omobamidele and Tzolis

OP, and a number of following posters, you don't deserve Pukki. 

When he scores 10+ league goals this season (and he will) i will be bringing this thread back up and expecting full apologies.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Omobamidele and Tzolis

I would not be surprised if you get most of your wishes in the near future but Farke needs time to work with the new arrivals. Skipp going back to Spurs not only left a big hole to fill it also meant we tried to accommodate Gilmour and changed the set up. If Normannn and Kabak are all we hope they will be I would agree we will change and probably play the five you mention, but we would be extremely disjointed at this time if we threw those two into the starting line up. The Premier League has given us a sh1t start to the season with the fixtures it gave us but perhaps, at least, we will be playing the lesser teams with a stronger line up.  

13 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

We definitely need a new striker , pukki is a good championship striker but no good in premiership, idah despite several starts with Ireland has failed to score , Sargent is our only hope but his performance for USA has not been great . Been here before when we stuck with cam 

You can flip that and suggest that all three have been a menace in their roles in what are defensively set up national teams. Idah has done well for Ireland, but yes, it's a slight concern that goals are not there yet.

16 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

We have sent him to war with a gun this season but everyone also has guns and some have tanks too.

We'll have a much better grasp of where we are once we've seen Normann, Kabak and a bottom end opposition.

Yeah but the gun is firing blanks , a bit like teemu really.

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

This would be my favoured line up. Without Buendia, who linked up so well with Pukki, the latter may well score far less goals, as the Premiership doesn't give so much space, which Pukki thrives on. Our style has also changed, and I'm all for giving Sargent, who will give more hustle and bustle and physical nuisance up front.

I also think Pukki might now benefit from a subs role against tired legs 

For the moment I still think Pukki is our go-to first choice too, but he has looked isolated in these first few tough games. But I wonder if we persist with the 3-man midfield, as the season develops will we see Sargent/Idah perform the bulldozer/targetman role for 65/70 with a fresh Pukki to come on to nail a few late goals? Or perhaps one of them to support Pukki from the start, particularly at home against bottom half teams. We have the personnel now to alter the attacking approach mid-game and I also believe we have the quality now to concede less & stay in games to salvage some draws & hopefully score late on in games.

It is of course a concern that we are struggling to create clear-cut chances and the big fat zero points beside our name on the table. But we need to show some faith & patience as Farke gets the opportunity now to instil his philosophy into this much-changed group of players.

I don't believe our line-ups/general approach will be as predictable for opposition coaches compared to two years ago. I think we have a good enough set of players in defence & attack to be competitive. For me our status in this division will be decided in midfield. If Normann, Gilmour, McLean, Lees-Melou, Rupp (and Sorensen?) can hold their own on a consistent basis and find the balance between protecting the defence & supporting the attack against the majority of teams, we'll have a decent chance of finishing above 3 other teams. 

It's a big challenge. We need to start creating real chances, get some points on the board & generate some positivity and momentum. If things start to click a bit better, where do we see the points coming from between Watford and Wolves at the end of November? I guess as a bare minimum, we need at least 13 points from this group of fixtures to simply stay in touch:

Watford (h)

Everton (a)

Burnley (a)

Brighton (h)

Chelsea (a)

Leeds (h)

Brentford (a)

Southampton (h)

Wolves (h)

i Am Not saying Pukki is Finished at All 

i think he needs to be Benched will be a Fantastic player to bring on 

His Goalscoring record in the Championship is Fantastic 

But in the PL he is on a Terrible run of form scoring in Open play 

Now it is either Pukki finds the PL a step to far which i don't really think is true as the first part of the last PL season he scored 11 

so it must be Tactics or loss of form 

it is not like he is missing 4/5 chances a game he not getting them chances so why ? 

i think you need a Toney / Watkins / Wood Type player if you a Lower team someone Strong hold the ball up but can also bully defenders and Create goals for themselves Hopefully Sargent is that player 

oh for a Dean Ashton or Grant holt 

But i do feel the Midfield and wingers have to put Create chances in the box for us to stand any chance 

9 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i Am Not saying Pukki is Finished at All 

i think he needs to be Benched will be a Fantastic player to bring on 

His Goalscoring record in the Championship is Fantastic 

But in the PL he is on a Terrible run of form scoring in Open play 

Now it is either Pukki finds the PL a step to far which i don't really think is true as the first part of the last PL season he scored 11 

so it must be Tactics or loss of form 

it is not like he is missing 4/5 chances a game he not getting them chances so why ? 

i think you need a Toney / Watkins / Wood Type player if you a Lower team someone Strong hold the ball up but can also bully defenders and Create goals for themselves Hopefully Sargent is that player 

oh for a Dean Ashton or Grant holt 

But i do feel the Midfield and wingers have to put Create chances in the box for us to stand any chance 

what Random caPitaliser App are You using 👀? 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

what Random caPitaliser App are You using 👀? 

HaVE nOT rEALLY gOT THE hANG Of My ApPle Mac Yet All Over The. Pla CE  ! 

• Haha 1

If Sargent can start and play a more "boss" type role, it would be great to see Pukki come on as a Plan B, which we've never had, and his runs could the  terrorise defensives late in games.

We haven't yet seen Tzlosis and Rashica, so I hope once they get up to speed they'll bring width and openings for either Sargent or Pukki. Just feel Sargent gives us more options (e.g. aerial) up front than Pukki, who's strength is running behind defensives.

So many options and so difficult to see what Farke's line ups will be, but with so much spent on these new players, we hope they'll get chances and soon. We've got a run of games where points are there for the taking.

On a plus, whilst Arsenal are far from their previous bests, we were holding our own pretty well for the most part, despite creating few and far chances. The worry is Arsenal still managed 30 shots. That's very high for a team on a poor run, and we need to stifle chances far more if we're to have a chance, let alone score goals 

12 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

If Sargent can start and play a more "boss" type role, it would be great to see Pukki come on as a Plan B, which we've never had, and his runs could the  terrorise defensives late in games.

If we did not have a plan B yesterday, what was it? It certainly was not our tried and tested 4 2 3 1.

The sooner we are able to get back to that the better. Much will depend on Normann.