cambridgeshire canary

The 'I hate premier league officials' thread

It’s 

a) incompetence 

b) corruption

c) both

regardless, the standard of refereeing in this country at all levels has been horrendous for years and it’s killed a big part of the game

I’m leaning towards D) btw “all of the above plus severe mental incapacity - recommend they aren’t let out in public”

• Like 1

To be honest I hate the fact that we can't even trouble a team who has looked absolutely abysmal in their first 3 games and we can't even lay a glove on them. We need to worry about that more than the officials.

• Like 3

I want the club to try to launch a full scale investigation into this and take it and the evidence to some kind of tribunal. Because it goes so far beyond co-incidence that's it's bordering on scandalous. I watch a lot of football because I have free time being a student and I have never seen any other club get the treatment we get at this level. They are absolutely instructed to stop us getting results, it's not a conspiracy theory or me being biased towards one club, it's a fact. We are not welcome in this league.

• Like 2

How wasn't that offside, and how did VAR not even look at the obvious penalty shout (which frankly looked blatant to me). Arsenal definitely had someone watching over them today...

3 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Just to clarify, did var give the goal and is there a reason Var gave the goal?

He didn't bother to check it. Whether it's offside or not is not my issue, it's that he didn't even look and you just know if it was the other way around he would have. 

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

He didn't bother to check it. Whether it's offside or not is not my issue, it's that he didn't even look and you just know if it was the other way around he would have. 

100%

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent

The player who scored recieved the ball from an Arsenal player, it first glance it seemed it was a deflection off of Krul , but in fact the ball deflected of the Arsenal player tangled with Krul and therefore it was clearly offside

Maybe them powers that be in football just don't want a self-funded club to be successful in the money saturated best league in the World?......

Can only imagine what Farke will say. He’s going to have to try really hard not to get himself intro trouble, because of course despite being 2021 you’re not allowed to say what you think

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Maybe them powers that be in football just don't want a self-funded club to be successful in the money saturated best league in the World?......

You think

in other news grass is green

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

You think

in other news grass is green

So was Linda Blair's projectile vomiting in the Exorcist......

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Can only imagine what Farke will say. He’s going to have to try really hard not to get himself intro trouble, because of course despite being 2021 you’re not allowed to say what you think

jose-mourinho-i-prefer-not-to-speak.gif

• Haha 1

The McLean goal was legitimately disallowed as Cantwell was clearly just off and indeed dead in front of the goalie when McLean sent his header in, so will always be considered to be interfering with play / in the player's eyeline. Always look at the IBAF rulings for assistance on how to apply the Laws of Football.

Still waiting for the highlights so I can see this goal that was allowed. It's telling that Connor Southwell didn't see it as controversial, but I'd rather see it before I make my own conclusions.

Edited by TheGunnShow

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

The McLean goal was legitimately disallowed as Cantwell was clearly just off and indeed dead in front of the goalie when McLean sent his header in, so will always be considered to be interfering with play / in the player's eyeline. Always look at the IBAF rulings for assistance on how to apply the Laws of Football.

Still waiting for the highlights so I can see this goal that was allowed. It's telling that Connor Southwell didn't see it as controversial, but I'd rather see it before I make my own conclusions.

If Leicester scored that goal would it have been disallowed? Or a better question would be would the ref even bother to take a look?

I don't understand the offside rule. Aub was in an offside position in the initial build up but there was a scramble and the ball game off the post onto Williams onto Aub who that time was in an onside position?

I'm not sure what the rule is if the ball comes off our player? Must admit I thought it meant no offside.

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

If Leicester scored that goal would it have been disallowed? Or a better question would be would the ref even bother to take a look?

Remember the leicester goal when we beat them at Carrow road 2020. Looked nothing wrong with it until VAR checked. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't understand the offside rule. Aub was in an offside position in the initial build up but there was a scramble and the ball game off the post onto Williams onto Aub who that time was in an onside position?

I'm not sure what the rule is if the ball comes off our player? Must admit I thought it meant no offside.

From the action replays I saw during the game the goal scorer was in an offside position when he put the goal in and although it initially seemed he received the ball from a deflection off of Krul, it really looked like the ball deflected off the Arsenal player on the ground tangled with Krul, in my mind that means the scorer was offside 

5 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

It should be, because it's a pretty clear example of its type. But that's a different discussion. Law was applied correctly here, so the notion of the referees being wrong is by itself wrong.

Finally seen the goal in question. What a kerfuffle. It shows how bad the offside rule is with all the amendments over the last 15 years, but the referee has got it right.

First shot tipped onto post, all OK. 

Second shot, Aubameyang is in an offside position when the shot is hit, but Williams looks like he gets a touch on it. Doesn't matter as the ball then crashes into the melee and hits an unwitting Pepe as he falls over. At this point, you need to look where Aubameyang is relative to the ball as it's a new passage of play. He's half-a-yard behind it as the ball hits Pepe - not in front.

It's legit.

https://youtu.be/yGXVFA0lKzQ

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Remember the leicester goal when we beat them at Carrow road 2020. Looked nothing wrong with it until VAR checked. 

Leicester's not London or the north west though is it, so maybe they're not one of the lucky ones when it comes to officiating. I probably used a bad example there, because I've never seen Leicester get consistently good or bad decisions against them, maybe I should have said if that was Chelsea would it have been looked at. 

We very occasionally get the rub of the green of course, but it seems to never happen at this level against the trendy London clubs or the big clubs in the north west. I'm sure we'll get decisions against Leicester or Brighton, but any trendy fashionable London club? No chance.

5 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

From the action replays I saw during the game the goal scorer was in an offside position when he put the goal in and although it initially seemed he received the ball from a deflection off of Krul, it really looked like the ball deflected off the Arsenal player on the ground tangled with Krul, in my mind that means the scorer was offside 

Then that is clearly offside, but the replays I saw suggested the ball came of Krul onto Aub. The commentators suggested it came off Williams.