Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Where were you?

Well there seems to be endless people on here determined to get rid of out totally inept manager!

So why then did 99% of people walk straight past the city stand instead of calling for the mans head? Is everyone content with this dross that we are watching every week? Some people actually stopped to vent there support for Worthy (Fair Play-But how?)

There was about 200 of us there for over an hour and there was no trouble even some laughs!

We actually managed to get a Worthington out sticker stuck on the front of the binners team coach (classic)

My point is if you want this man removed then we need more numbers to prove our point! If a thousand were there then they would have to take notice. One of the EDP journalist''s was there. We have had enogh of the unbearable dross that is served up every week at this place and we need a change! We are not improving we are wasting money and still have no defence or midfield!

Next game come and join us and lets make him go!

As I''ve said before, Delia''s already declared that Worthington''s there for the foreseeable future, no matter what. If people thought that it would REALLY make a difference, they might do something about it.

In common with a large proportion of the crowd, i take along my children. Although i wholeheartedly agree that we have to ditch this imbecile with immediate effect, i wouldnt subject my children to the likeliehood of violence etc. Don''t confuse any lack of numbers with a lack of support. The majority have had enough.  

Link,

I usually agree with all your posts and I know what you are saying BUT it''s all about ratcheting up the pressure. Chase was VERY thick skinned and protests were like water off a ducks back. Smith is not ''streetwise'' like Chase, to date she has milked the adulation and favourable media coverage. She is a much more emotional person than Chase and I am sure that she will wilt IF the flak is turned on her.

We cannot just sit back and accept things just becuase The Cook has said ''he will not be sacked''

It is a start - everything has a beginning.  Lets see how it grows in teh next home match.  I left with a group of people all bemoaning Worthy - none realising the protest was going on - downhearted duie to the embarassing capitulation on the pitch.  Next time lets start it inside the ground.....

[quote user="charlies dad"]

In common with a large proportion of the crowd, i take along my children. Although i wholeheartedly agree that we have to ditch this imbecile with immediate effect, i wouldnt subject my children to the likeliehood of violence etc. Don''t confuse any lack of numbers with a lack of support. The majority have had enough.  

[/quote]

And I agree with you Charlie''s Dad - although there were a few kids there and no violence on this occasion, let me also add, for those who care, that (unlike the Chase protests) the police were great, just herding us onto the path when the road reopened and a bit of lightheared banter.  They didn''t try and stop anyone voicing their opinions.  I think it will get bigger, but not necessarily uglier.  Times have moved on since Chase and the police are more aware of how to handle a protest.  I also agree that while many people just walked on, lots were obviously supporting our efforts!  Should the "average" run continue, no doubt numbers will swell.  During the Chase Out demos, things did get rough, I was battoned by police and run down by horses, arrested etc. I hope things don''t go that far if protests continue - we just want the club to acknowledge that we are not happy with their decision to keep Worthington and co in employment. 

Thanks for the feedback gazza - like charlies dad I was not prepared to put my child in a position where things could turn ugly;  she is worthy out too and would be willing to support a protest (pushing stickers to her friends at school already!) so I ill see how the mood feels next time and consider staying around.

Zipper, like you and Charlie''s Dad I am a parent too, and my kids accompanied me to some (though not all, they chose not to sometimes) Chase Out demos.  They were aged 9 and 14 at the time and I had to think for them in allowing them to come with me.  My daughter in particular was adamant in attending, mostly cos Chase kept selling her favourite players.  I really cannot see it ever getting to the heights when horses charged us down the road and anyone was likely to get injured, but then again you can never predict what angry and frustrated people might do. 

I assume the club didn''t expect the protest to happen yesterday and the police involved were there to police the Ipswich supporters travelling to and from the station etc, but they were a world away from the ''force'' of old.

I admire your daughter''s passion and hope she gets some response with the stickers!  They seem to be much in demand!