Sign in to follow this  
taipei_canary

Premier League is rubbish for overseas supporters

I am so had it, I missed all of the first 3 games because the clubs website refused to allow me to register as an international member, I get to today and it now refuses to let be listen to the commentary and wants me to buy a membership.

It seems international membership only gives home game commentary, last season I could watch every single game, this season I can it seems only hear the home ones.

In some ways I can not wait for us to be back in the Champs so I can follow them again.

Someone mentioned using streams, yes I could do but I want to support the club, it's so annoying, there isn't even a link on the site anymore it seems to report problems.

It's rubbish for home supporters too, really can't see why you can't ppv games online. Should be easy to do... 

2 hours ago, taipei_canary said:

I am so had it, I missed all of the first 3 games because the clubs website refused to allow me to register as an international member, I get to today and it now refuses to let be listen to the commentary and wants me to buy a membership.

It seems international membership only gives home game commentary, last season I could watch every single game, this season I can it seems only hear the home ones.

In some ways I can not wait for us to be back in the Champs so I can follow them again.

Would a VPN get round that ?
You could just set your location to UK.

The international membership  gives free home commentaries. Last season was an i-follow membership but that is only a aale for EFL teams.

You need to find an overseas provider that shows all PL games. I use DAZN but don't know if it is available in Taipei.

Alternative option is illegal streams using VPN to reduce risks.

My beef with the international membership was the inability to use the match pick.  Had the memberships before deadline and all that but when the time came to get match picks the payment gateway didn’t work. Chat was down and the phones lines were blocked! So no help available. Any other internationals have this problem? 

Insult  to injury is the post Brexit import duty on the membership packs amounting to about 21 quid in total. 

Ho hum, what won’t you do to persuade your kids to support Norwich? But a bit of a pisstake overall.