Capt. Pants

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Arsenal ****

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

No it isn't. If you are offside when your player passes or shoots you are offside. It's very simple. 

No - that's not accurate; the rules were changed about that sometime ago.

The goal was very, very messy - difficult to see who did or didn't touch it before Aubameyang.

OTBC

We were set up to counter, couldn't get the breakthrough but posed some threat. Didn't look like scoring after Arsenal for a goal.  A real mixed bag that. 

Good lord, absolutely dreadful Arsenal side made to look like prime Barca in the 2nd half at times. Really need to sort out this attacking situation out real fast as we are having the same issues we had last time around. 

We had some real signs of quality in the first half but we really need to make the most of those few chances we do get or it's just gonna be like last time.

Sticking by what i've said before, if by 10 games we haven't improved, Farke needs to go. 

Edited by robertociNCFC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

No - that's not accurate; the rules were changed about that sometime ago.

The goal was very, very messy - difficult to see who did or didn't touch it before Aubameyang.

OTBC

Okay, so why didn't he check the VAR footage? Does anyone being honest with themselves believe that if it was the other way around that the ref wouldn't have had a look?

• Like 1

Rashica should start every week. Cantwell and Tzolis have to earn the other start. Normann will come in and strengthen us at the back giving Gilmoue the ability to do what he does best.

I like this team a lot and when we start playing teams who do not perennially compete for Europe we're going to win quite a few games.

• Like 1

Arsenal awful along came Norwich

Always find it strange how we give players a chance and they don't take it. Dowell

Why don't we even give Normann 5/10 minutes. It's all invaluable game time

Right, laters all. I'm off to go and cool down, so angry right now, I can take losing but can't take being utterly cheated for the 2nd game in a row by complete and utter incompetent officiating which borders on cheating. 

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Attempted! But are we competitive. If you lose every week that’s not competitive. 

Thats a different and legitimate debate. The original comment was pathetic. 

• Like 1

Deserved a point. Someone’s going to have to explain to me with a PowerPoint presentation how that wasn’t offside. Positives but another loss. Bring on Watford, need a result.

Just now, Virtual reality said:

Good performance but there isn’t the goals in this team to have any chance of staying up.

Disagree. Rashica, Tzolis, Sargent and Pukki have goals. Play all four and get on the front foot. But Farke won't do it. Too obsessed with trying to play cautiously at this level and contain. Like we have a team full of Kante's or something. 

No use trying to gloss over yet another loss by saying the performance was ok. Still not a single point and that's all that matters in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Okay, so why didn't he check the VAR footage? Does anyone being honest with themselves believe that if it was the other way around that the ref wouldn't have had a look?

If you want to believe that there's some conspiracy against Norwich, then please do knock yourself out; I guess it's the right day for it.

Shame to lose after giving it a decent go.

OTBC

Just now, Monty13 said:

Deserved a point. Someone’s going to have to explain to me with a PowerPoint presentation how that wasn’t offside. Positives but another loss. Bring on Watford, need a result.

I think the current argument is that Williams touched it. My view on that is it is the single most stupid rule change in recent history of football. If you kick it against a player, or a player chooses not to gamble on whether a player is offside and try to intercept it but touches it on, it's not offside.

Now, with VAR, they should axe that, and go back to simplicity of "when the ball is played forward" again. Would make VAR a lot simpler.

That can be the only reason IMHO. 

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Norwich in the EPL is a national joke. It's so frustrating. 

No, it isn't. The way some of our fans react, slating players left right and centre - is the joke.

• Like 5

I'm not going moan about the offside fact is we didn't make their keeper work. We deserved too loose that awful 

Huge concerns about us scoring anywhere near enough goals.

Disappointing about the offside but frankly we weren't as good 2nd half. May have deserved a point but little else.

Absolute massive game against Watford now, lose that and it will be extremely difficult.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Norwich in the EPL is a national joke. It's so frustrating. 

Who let this Binner in?

Just now, chicken said:

No, it isn't. The way some of our fans react, slating players left right and centre - is the joke.

Your kidding right? 

Everyone football fan I know always expects us to finish 20th in the EPL. Cannon fodder is a term I hear alot..

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I doubt it will be over-analysed, everyone got what they wanted. Explain how Cantwell is offside but Aubeyemang isnt.

Giy on my stream was questioning whether there was enough contact on Pukki for him to go down when Ben White hauled him over by the shirt.

The big club bias is sickening. Give me the Championship

6 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Well it’s all gone to plan - first five games no points - no punch up front 

We've only played four games, you thicket. 

• Haha 1

For me, Rashica clearly has talent, but his first three crosses (including a corner) failed to beat the first man. Wasn't he brought in for crossing? I'm concerned for Pukki. Defences have the measure of him now.

Edited by Michael Starr