Capt. Pants

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Arsenal ****

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Meanwhile, the BEEB chuck in one of their regular typos...beloved Brentford strikes again.

image.thumb.png.71b43aff06a8df549a30dd4d73c5e64e.png

We must be doing alright if we are being mistaken for the worlds greatest team!

Edited by 1902
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

Rupp is having a great game can't lie

God I love being wrong.

Just now, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

😄 anyone care to share a link?  👀

Get VPN and use Optus sport. One I would suggest is windscribe, need to set location as Australia.

• Thanks 1

Going off the EDP live feed, Williams has decided he's going to kick seven bells out of Pepe. Nice.

Meanwhile, still no Premier League goals yet. Would be hilarious if we've six sets of blanks at half-time.

Edited by TheGunnShow

8 minutes ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

😄 anyone care to share a link?  👀

BLASPHEMER!!! Thou shall not use dodgy links!

The puritans will never allow it...plus they'll have already found one and don't like to share.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 1

Solid first half all round. Tzolis looking good on attack and Williams impressing at the back. Definitely could have had a couple of goals.

Thinking we might nick a 0-1 today.

Well done City, a very good half. Williams and Tzolis defending that right side well. Midfield doing OK, a bit more quality in the final third and it could be a very good day.

That was a good first half. Weathered the storm and then even dominated parts of the last 15.

Williams has been particularly excellent at snuffing our Pepe and him and Tzolis look a great combo.

The midfield three having a very good game so far.

Andy O looks a Composed PL CB.

We are tactically fouling for once and stopping dangerous plays.

Loads of positives.

Edited by Monty13

The midfield everyone on here has expertly decided was universally wrong done a great job protecting the back four in the initial barrage to be expected from Arsenal, developed a foothold in the game and ended up controlling the middle of the park.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

The midfield everyone on here has expertly decided was universally wrong done a great job protecting the back four in the initial barrage to be expected from Arsenal, developed a foothold in the game and ended up controlling the middle of the park.

still 45 to go.. But yeah, fair to say the first half it's worked far better than majority of us expeced

Just now, hogesar said:

Midfield 3 played very well was very worried though can't lie. Dowell would be off for me though at half time is offering nothing 

1 minute ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

What do people think of Dowell so far today?

I might like to see Rashica come on for him and add some extra pace down the right...

Dowell offered nothing sadly

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

Midfield 3 played very well was very worried though can't lie. Dowell would be off for me though at half time is offering nothing 

He's slow but skilful & makes the ball stick. Not my favourite type of player but he's done very well. And he is capable of the odd cracking goal.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

So Normann and Rashica on for the 2nd half..? 🤔

Normann on for who? I thought the midfield three had done quite well so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

He's slow but skilful & makes the ball stick. Not my favourite type of player but he's done very well. And he is capable of the odd cracking goal.

Not the way I saw it but the game is all about opinions ☺️. Would personally like to see Rashica on second half 

Just now, Jsim1986 said:

Not the way I saw it but the game is all about opinions ☺️. Would personally like to see Rashica on second half 

There's also a famous phrase used around football about going to speksavers. ☺️☺️😝

2 minutes ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

Normann on for who? I thought the midfield three had done quite well so far.

Rupp, has played better today, but still the one of the three who has given the ball away a couple of times, he still worries me massively.