Sign in to follow this  
Drurys Left Nut

I think Worthy's OK

There I said it. I for one think it is acceptable for a manager who has taken us to the Play Off Final and the Premiership, to have a season (as nearly every club does that comes down) where they have to adjust. This is a rubbish season so far, if only for the fact that I put money on Norwich to be promoted and Andy Johnson to be top scorer. Both looking very unlikely. If I look at the last two seasons alone the I''m a WO''er. If I look at the last five then I''m a KTF''er. Either way I could be wrong, and there''s no way to tell.

Oh, and those of you who slate Delia (and to a lesser extent the board), whilst she of course should be open to criticism, need to have a proper think about what she has done for our club.

sorry danno, worthy has failed to prove he can get a team of quality players to play to their full potential. he essentially did the business in his first 3 years by getting average players to perform above their ability, and he did very well, make no mistake.he has his system and he''s still sticking to it, but imo he''s coming unstuck by asking quality players to adapt to it.  i don''t believe he''s the man to get this squad to gel.  city needs an experienced  manager who has proved he can work effectively with a quality squad to deliver the success we all want.  by the way, i enjoyed watching a team play football yesterday - free flowing and very attractive. to my disappointment they were wearing blue shirts.

[quote user="Danno"]

There I said it. I for one think it is acceptable for a manager who has taken us to the Play Off Final and the Premiership, to have a season (as nearly every club does that comes down) where they have to adjust. This is a rubbish season so far, if only for the fact that I put money on Norwich to be promoted and Andy Johnson to be top scorer. Both looking very unlikely. If I look at the last two seasons alone the I''m a WO''er. If I look at the last five then I''m a KTF''er. Either way I could be wrong, and there''s no way to tell.

Oh, and those of you who slate Delia (and to a lesser extent the board), whilst she of course should be open to criticism, need to have a proper think about what she has done for our club.

[/quote]

He did OK he is now doing VERY poorly, we have an obscenely bad record over trhe last 18 months and it is getting worse by the match.

Worthy is OK - he is an honest, genuine decent bloke with a bit of a stubborn streak who has done wonders for the club.  I have every confidence that he will be a success at another club when he finds another job and I would wish him luck in that.

However, and IMO only, he is no longer the right man to take my club forward over the next 5 months or 5 years.