Jump to content
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- Zimmerman & Giannoulis injured

Recommended Posts

Thread will be updated as and if more news come in, all from todays presser.

'It is a bit tricky because many of the (international) players arrived back late. There will some late decisions but definitely out will be Christoph Zimmermann with an ankle problem and Dimitris Giannoulis with back and neck problems, but there will be some late decisions.

When I think of Ozan Kabak I think a player full of potential, but he is a young player and his last league game was April. We have to be careful with what we are doing because he has only just arrived.

We are happy that we have them (Mathias Normann and Ozan Kabak) they will help us in the medium and the long term but how quickly we can throw them in we will have to see. We have many things to keep in mind.'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

"Kabak/Normann are medium to long term players"

It's been added, but cheers. This line of his won't help the 'We only bought them for next seasons champioship season' folk..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that he's playing mind games as to not start either Kabak or Normann would be a poor move. It does often feel like we like to bed players in for a longer period than most clubs 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normann must play, Kabak must be on the bench if we are to believe in the Farke project.  Got 9 places to fill no Zimm, Gio, Mumba or Placheta or Sargent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JB said:

I hope that he's playing mind games as to not start either Kabak or Normann would be a poor move. It does often feel like we like to bed players in for a longer period than most clubs 🤔

They have to get to used to the Norfolk air

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JB said:

to not start either Kabak or Normann would be a poor move

But if he does and we get annihilated what would you say then?  If they do start it means that Farke didn't plan to win the game and seeing it as a bonus shot to bed them in in the hope they may be able to nick us something.

If he starts with a more tried and tested starting 11, we know he means business in trying to take the points and has a plan in place.  That's how i see it anyway.

Edited by Google Bot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think if we'd bought Messi Farke wouldn't start him and give him time to "bed in". It's one of Farke's weakest points IMHO. He wants the players to be held back until they can play "his way", but we need the quality on the pitch now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

It's one of Farke's weakest points IMHO

Williams came straight in after a few days of being here and played 2 games in a week.  So there's evidence that he will do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I honestly think if we'd bought Messi Farke wouldn't start him and give him time to "bed in". It's one of Farke's weakest points IMHO. He wants the players to be held back until they can play "his way", but we need the quality on the pitch now.

One of a few things I do criticise Farke for

 

A- 'Bedding players in' rather than giving them chances to impress

B-Leaving it far too late to bring on subs

C-An obvious refusal to chage our playstyle at times when it's clearly not working

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

One of a few things I do criticise Farke for

A- 'Bedding players in' rather than giving them chances to impress

B-Leaving it far too late to bring on subs

C-An obvious refusal to chage our playstyle at times when it's clearly not working

A - I would trust his judgement - some players need more time to adjust than others.

B - Again, I would trust his judgement, but I do wish he'd change it earlier too!

C - Definitely trust his judgement on this one - we play how we play and if it doesn't work, we learn to do it better, not change it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

One of a few things I do criticise Farke for

 

A- 'Bedding players in' rather than giving them chances to impress

B-Leaving it far too late to bring on subs

C-An obvious refusal to chage our playstyle at times when it's clearly not working

A - I think Farke is right, if a player can impress individually in their first game the coach is either incredible as they have got the knowledge into the player so quickly, or the coach is terrible as his coaching does not make the players perform better than they do as individuals, or the play is simply much better than the current incumbent.  Haylock verse Culverhouse for example.

B - I agree, I really can’t get my head around this, he must believe the disruption is more significant than the impact the energy new players bring,

C - I agree, the first sign of madness is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome.

I am going to add one more, his uncompromising treatment of players when they don’t fit in.  I understand it, but move them on quickly, making it open knowledge by leaving them out must have a detrimental effect on the rest of the squad and decrease their value.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete said:

Normann must play, Kabak must be on the bench if we are to believe in the Farke project.  Got 9 places to fill no Zimm, Gio, Mumba or Placheta or Sargent.

Mumba is fit and should be on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Let's see what the team is tomorrow, shall we?

The same team as the one who lost against Leicester after todays presser. He won't play kabak or normann. Be shocked if he does. Tzolis on the bench and come on as a 93rd min sub. Mark my words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

The same team as the one who lost against Leicester after todays presser. He won't play kabak or normann. Be shocked if he does. Tzolis on the bench and come on as a 93rd min sub. Mark my words.

This is what i said over a week ago, cant expect  the very newest guys to walk straight into the team unless its an absolute last resort. They have not even trained with their new team mates up until today, so to expect Normann and Kabak to walk straight into the first eleven is just unrealistic. The team will be as near to the vs. Leicester starting eleven as possible, maybe with a few changes on the bench.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kabak has played 120 mins of football since May - not a surprise he might not be ready to start tomorrow. 

Not sure where the idea that Farke takes new long with signings comes from - Dimi came straight into the team in Jan as did Williams recently. If there is a clear place for a player then Farke puts them in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Farke gives players longer to bed in is only a positive thing from my perspective. It means that there is a significant amount to learn and we aren't going out without a fully cohesive plan particularly for defensive players.

I also thought we played well generally against Leicester and, as much as I think we need Normann in place to combat more aggressive/physical teams, I'm certain he'll play against Watford for instance, Arsenal (Pepe/Saka/Martinelli/odegaard/Aubameyang) are not that. 

Happy to see the same 11.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Mumba is fit and should be on the bench.

Also no mention of Pepe at the presser.  This sounds like gets over Covid and vying for a place again as well.  So Zimbo, Dimi and Sarge missing then.  Some people 🙄...  

Oh and as Bethnal says, Farke does include some new signings straight away, so again I say, some people .....  🙄 

Let's get behind the team shall we?

But agreed, like Southgate, Farke needs to be bolder with his subs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Essjayess said:

This is what i said over a week ago, cant expect  the very newest guys to walk straight into the team unless its an absolute last resort. They have not even trained with their new team mates up until today, so to expect Normann and Kabak to walk straight into the first eleven is just unrealistic. The team will be as near to the vs. Leicester starting eleven as possible, maybe with a few changes on the bench.

Yeah mate you're spot on.. I wasn't being sarcastic with my post I was being realistic. Would be nice to see a lot of new players but like you correctly pointed out they haven't trained with our boys. Literally signed then few days later whisked off to play for respective countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's been added, but cheers. This line of his won't help the 'We only bought them for next seasons champioship season' folk..

Neither will be here next season if relegated.

I know it's difficult to take everything at face value you hear in a press conference, and the final line-up will tell all, but I want Farke to sound a bit more bullish.

The first 4 games are free hits, but then again they aren't really as Brentford have already beaten Arsenal, but Arsenal are there for the taking. Score first and the crowd will turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Neither will be here next season if relegated.

I know it's difficult to take everything at face value you hear in a press conference, and the final line-up will tell all, but I want Farke to sound a bit more bullish.

The first 4 games are free hits, but then again they aren't really as Brentford have already beaten Arsenal, but Arsenal are there for the taking. Score first and the crowd will turn.

At least we have scored 😉. Wolves and arsenal are yet to score 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Kabak has played 120 mins of football since May - not a surprise he might not be ready to start tomorrow. 

Not sure where the idea that Farke takes new long with signings comes from - Dimi came straight into the team in Jan as did Williams recently. If there is a clear place for a player then Farke puts them in.

Thats only two and one replaced the other.

And after three defeats there is a clear place for all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Kabak has played 120 mins of football since May - not a surprise he might not be ready to start tomorrow. 

Not sure where the idea that Farke takes new long with signings comes from - Dimi came straight into the team in Jan as did Williams recently. If there is a clear place for a player then Farke puts them in.

Pretty sure he's said it himself, he likes them to know the subtleties system. Giannoulis came straight in but would he have if Quintilla was in and playing okay and we weren't playing Rotherham at home? That being said I do think he's a pragmatist, if he's a significant  improvement of what we've got and he's fit he'll start. I feel like Normann had a chance but only if McLean missed it through injury.

We seem to do pretty well after international breaks under Farke so I think I'll be happy with whoever plays tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Thumbbass said:

The fact that Farke gives players longer to bed in is only a positive thing from my perspective. It means that there is a significant amount to learn and we aren't going out without a fully cohesive plan particularly for defensive players.

He's also keeping as many cards up as his sleeve as possible that has a greater effect across the team.

The threat of Sargent may be enough to make Pukki give that extra push, likewise with Cantwell and Tzolis etc.  If he plays his hands too early and these players fail to deliver, you immediately weaken your squad as the threat/competition between places becomes more transparent.  

This is why we're all so hopeful about Tzolis, because we're yet to see him play prem league match so our heads are allowed to run away with the possibilities.  i.e. We could get smashed this weekend, but still remain upbeat with the promise of Kabak/Normann coming in.

It's when you find yourself unable to compete and out of cards is the problem, keeping the pack energised in a key factor to managing a squad of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...