Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Tests at CR, why not?

While the PL dithering over COVID passports, why don’t NCFC at the very least do a temp check in the meantime.

Some  months ago I entered a restaurant and they did a temp check, it takes seconds to do. Then I felt far more comfortable entering their premises.

At present I have not used my season ticket, as due to my personal circumstances I feel vulnerable. I would feel more like going if at least some safety checks took place.

Frankly we all know that some people would still go to the game, even if they knew they have the virus

Most adults have had the vaccine, and fever is not thought to be a common symptom of Covid among those who have been vaccinated. 

Also, the temperature guns used commercially aren't terribly accurate.

2 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

While the PL dithering over COVID passports, why don’t NCFC at the very least do a temp check in the meantime.

Some  months ago I entered a restaurant and they did a temp check, it takes seconds to do. Then I felt far more comfortable entering their premises.

At present I have not used my season ticket, as due to my personal circumstances I feel vulnerable. I would feel more like going if at least some safety checks took place.

Frankly we all know that some people would still go to the game, even if they knew they have the virus

27,000 temperature checks at the turnstiles on top of scanning your ticket is hardly the same as turning up at a restaurant for a table.

With a temperature gun in one hand and a tazer in the other......the Carra control of entry Centurion Gate guardian yells.... "Your temperature reading is indicating over 38C therefore you're UNCLEAN! Take that, ZAP"....Ok guys drag this unwelcome diseased one back outside........."NEXT!"

• Haha 2

Whilst smaller numbers, of course - they had temperature testing at the pilot / test events. 

Surely that was the point, to see the impact, and make any tweeks / adjustments before scaling up for larger crowds. 

So Govt have ditched plans to introduce Covid passports. Well that's not going to make the vulnerable feel any safer at Carrow Rd as no incentive for the young to get jabbed now, or in the future.

Can't see NCFC bothering with any tests now of any sort.

• Like 2

It would make more sense to encourage mask wearing, at least in the concourses and inside areas.

• Like 2

Several clubs have done spot  covid  checks at turnstiles this weekend.

Loads of announcements on twitter from various clubs warning fans this will happen .

Here's one  from Man U

Screenshot_20210912-230429_Gallery.jpg

13 minutes ago, Grando said:

It would make more sense to encourage mask wearing, at least in the concourses and inside areas.

I think they already do that. 

7 minutes ago, Diane said:

Several clubs have done spot  covid  checks at turnstiles this weekend.

Loads of announcements on twitter from various clubs warning fans this will happen .

Here's one  from Man U

Screenshot_20210912-230429_Gallery.jpg

Despite the announcement from arsenal,  it appears they didn't have any spot checks, according to my lad.

I'd guess with boris et al saying no to covid passports now, this will not continue.

On 12/09/2021 at 23:09, Greavsy said:

I think they already do that. 

Though not very successfully if the amount of mask-wearing in the Lower Barclay during the Leicester game was representative!

45 minutes ago, Grando said:

Though not very successfully if the amount of mask-wearing in the Lower Barclay during the Leicester game was representative!

Thats outside, and hence evidently less risk, they club are only encouraging mask wearing on concourses, bars, toilets, stairwell, turnstiles and the like. 

Outdoors, is more up to the individual. 

On 12/09/2021 at 23:55, Grando said:

Mask-wearing should be mandatory in all grounds in all areas at all times with the possible exception of when seated, and attendance for adults should be limited to the double vaccinated, with spot checks. And this should have been the case from the start of the season.

• Like 1

If football grounds were a hotspot for Covid infection we would have seen a signal. There isnt one, so ditch the masks and get on with life.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The City Stand is a lot easier on the eye when they're all masked up😷

The muffled rendition of OTBC is bit off putting though.

• Haha 1

Indeed

"Particularly high" numbers of COVID-19 infections were identified at the Euro 2020 final, won by Italy after they beat England on penalties.

PHE revealed 2,295 people in or around Wembley were likely to have been infectious at the time of the match on July 11.

A further 3,404 people in and around the ground were potentially infected around the time of the final, the report said.

As the anti vaxers say in their demonstrations get your muzzles off COVID is just flu.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2021 at 20:38, nutty nigel said:

The City Stand is a lot easier on the eye when they're all masked up😷

You lot in the blankets would look like Mexican bandits if you had to wear masks.

I'd love to see some tests at Carrow Road but unfortunately I don't think the pitch is the right shape for cricket 🏏

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AJ said:

I'd love to see some tests at Carrow Road but unfortunately I don't think the pitch is the right shape for cricket 🏏

Although it could be worth bringing Jens Berthel Askou back to see if he can honk another ball onto the roof of the South Stand.