Signed lots of players but little real quality an amazing championship squad and that is where we will be playing next seasonĀ 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

BINGO!šŸ˜Ž

It is the thing I hate most about football fans...Norwich or otherwise...

Rather than hoping you're wrong, why not just have hope? This is supposed to be fun....isn't it?

• Like 5

Honestly, for me it all depends on Tzolis and Pukki clicking.Ā  If Tzolis is the real deal, I'm hopeful.Ā  If he's not, I fail to see where the goals are coming.

The only way we survive is by giving it a go and scoring as Sheff Utd/Leeds and many others have doneĀ in the past.

If we're not offering a threat then it doesn't matter how good our defensive and midfield lines are, all teams get breached at this level and the way you keep the opponentĀ off your back is by giving them something to think about.Ā 

Also, I don't know how we're going to physically stand up to the teams where we should/could be getting points from.

Need to see what Kabak/Normann/Williams bring as a unit, and how Gilmour advances.

So "Not a clue" from me! šŸ™‚Ā  But I'mĀ always hopeful, IĀ still think we could finish around mid-table if things click, I'mĀ about 60% survival right now.Ā  The Watford match will be most revealing.

• Like 1

Hopeful......but as iterated on the topic, time!!! It's something Daniel likes to have to integrate new players but it's something we don't have this time round. The start of the season has been tough and I'd doesn't look great in the next couple of games......

The squad feels/looks better - stronger. I agree with the op, tzolis maybe our player to keep us up.Ā 

Fingers crossed!!

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

No idea at the moment but if you held a gun to my head I'd say relegated but in a much more respectable way than last time.

This. I'm 50/50 but if I absolutely had to guess, I'd just about pick relegated but it will be close.

We need to get the new players to Gel quickly, assuming we do I think it will be more comfortable than you think. Likes of Newcastle, Palace, Watford, Burnley, Brentford have far worse squads than us and not convinced Southampton are any good. Only team I have changed my mind are on Brighton as they have made some nice signings and kept key playersĀ 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Likes of Newcastle, Palace, Watford, Burnley, Brentford have far worse squads than us and not convinced Southampton are any good

Loving this optimism, as I'm continually trying to work out where the points are coming. There's 36 points up for grabs in those games.

If we averaged 1.5 points from those 12 games it leaves us with 20 to find elsewhere, and we only got 21 points in total before.

Feels like we'll need to average 2 points from each of those which is a win/draw in each with no losses, or winning 8 out of 12- That still seems like a tall order when facing the likes of Saint-Maximin, Sarr, Toney etc.Ā  But if we say win all the home games... y'know... possible šŸ™‚

Wish it was the weekend already, I'm going stir-crazy waiting for Arsenal match!!!

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

Can't see where all this optimism is coming from. We're on target to finish bottom with 0 points and a -114 goal difference. All the new signings will jump ship and it's not hard to imagine that Ipswich will finish above us next season.Ā 

Ā 

Am I doing this right?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Loving this optimism, as I'm continually trying to work out where the points are coming. There's 36 points up for grabs in those games.

If we averaged 1.5 points from those 12 games it leaves us with 20 to find elsewhere, and we only got 21 points in total before.

Feels like we'll need to average 2 points from each of those which is a win/draw in each with no losses, or winning 8 out of 12- That still seems like a tall order when facing the likes of Saint-Maximin, Sarr, Toney etc.Ā  But if we say win all the home games... y'know... possible šŸ™‚

Wish it was the weekend already, I'm going stir-crazy waiting for Arsenal match!!!

I would suspect that Newcastle fans, are more worried than us right now. 1 point from Westham, Villa and Southampton having played 2 games at home.Ā 

It's not impossible for 5 or 6 teams towards the bottom struggling to get to 35Ā points. Could be a record low points tally for 17th. When you consider there isn't much between Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd. Tottenham, Westham look like they will pick up alot of points as well.Ā 

Either way, at least if we go down we wont implode.Ā 

3 hours ago, Bluefloyd said:

Ā I'm thinking Newcastle, Southampton, Brentford, Watford, Burnley, Palace and wolves will be in and around us.Ā 

There are going to be other teams that have an injury/illness crisis and I think given our squad depth we're now in a good position to be consistent throughout the season, we're less dependent on individuals than Newcastle (Saint Maximin), Brentford (Toney), Palace (Zaha) all of which could miss 5+Ā games this season.

I really think we're are in with a fighting chance of 12th-17th. I didn't watch Man City, but we essentially drew with Leicester (except we didn't) and Liverpool was always going to be difficult even with a settled fully fit side.

Honestly, I think weā€™ll go down, but with a lot more fight than last time round. Can see it being one of those seasons where it goes down to the final couple of games.

As someone said earlier in the thread, this is by far the toughest the Premier League has been for a number of years now. The lower-to-mid-table sides have all strengthenedĀ and despite our seemingly excellent transfer window, I stillĀ think we have one of the weakest squads in the league. On top of that, the top 6 have all strengthened massively as well. I suspect there will be far less games where the rest of the league take points off them this season.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™ll be tough and I suspect it will be the end of an era if we are relegated. Whilst I hope Webber and Farke would stick around to give it one last go,Ā I would fully expect them both to seek new challenges, and really wouldnā€™t blame them if they did.

Like several others, my heart will always tell me we have a chance but my head doesn't quite share the optimism. This is partly because we have too small a sample to draw on. We won't have any real idea until we see how each of the new players fares against established Premier League performers. I am excited by some of our signings but I've rarely actually seen them play. Are they really better than their counterparts in our team from two years ago or do they just look good in highlights reels and in leagues people like me don't watch so much? I'm hopeless at telling how 'good' a player is in isolation soĀ I have no idea how our new lads are likely to perform.Ā 

I'm excited that we have spent a lot, but remember we took two steps back (Buendia and Skipp) before we could even start to move forwards. Only time will tell whether our new boys function as well or better than those two.Ā 

I'm one who doesn't get too upbeat nor disheartened. It is all out of my control and my only influence is whatever I can occasionally contribute to crowd noise. I just love to watch it all unfold. To end on a more positive note; I am really excited to see how Tzolis performs this season, regardless of whether we stay up or go down. And if we do go down, I reckon we'll bloody a few more noses along than way than we did last time.

• Like 1

I think we have a slightly better than 50/50 chance of staying up.Ā 

This is subject to a couple of things working out.

1. Farke finds a way to snap the door shut behind Gilmour when we are out of possession (Normann will hopefully help here).

2. We have some luck with important players staying fit.

The rest is down to individuals performing to the best of their abilities.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Can't see where all this optimism is coming from. We're on target to finish bottom with 0 points and a -114 goal difference. All the new signings will jump ship and it's not hard to imagine that Ipswich will finish above us next season.Ā 

Ā 

Am I doing this right?

Almost. You just forgot to end with 'But I hope I'm wrong.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry but not a chance of staying up, avoiding bottom place will be a bonus.Ā  Will not be enough goals scored to give any chance of survival.Ā  Sincerely hope I'm wrong.Ā 

I Hope We stay up so Farke can show That he is PL qualityĀ 

At the Moment he is the Best Championship Manager without a doubt everytime he is there he wins it ,

so he needs to Show that he can do it with lesser players than other clubs and he can keep us up ,

If he does then i am sure he will go on to Great ThingsĀ 

Ā 

Too early to say , no idea what the new players will be like , my fear is by the time we settle on a regular team who can play together it will be too late , really donā€™t think we will stay up.Ā 

Saying we have a better squad than Newcastle, Burnley etc worries me. We didn't the last time as we ended up going down and they didn't but I'm sure people said the same. They have premier league know how. Do we this time? We need everything to click, we need the new players to fit in and get used to the league quickly. Very quickly. I have certainly not given up on our chances but we are going to need a some good fortune.Ā 

I can understand why many remain pessimistic, but I agree with the point about squads and depth.Ā We have a better squad than a few this time out and that should just get us across the line. Need some more comparable games to make a sound call, but the obvious stuffā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..

WeĀ need to stay in touch and the signings need to start well, gel well with the team and Farke needs to install what I believe is our missing ingredient. Ā Belief we belong here.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™d also add, a win from a losing position is a must,Ā and very soon. Ā We will go behind more often than not and we didnā€™t do too well last time out with this scenario.Ā 

• Like 1

"We had toĀ playĀ bothĀ home & away inĀ soulless and fan lessĀ empty stadiums"...... Is at least one excuse we can eliminate if we do unfortunately get relegated.....Ā 

We might have a better squad than Burnley Newcastle Southampton etc... but they've got experienced players who know how to grind out wins and points in this league. I'd like to say we will stay up and finish 15th. Going to be hard. Will have a lot of lows and a few highs but we NEED to stick together and get behind the boys. I know people like to boo and I may get called a happy clapper here but if we lose and have played well and given it a go, don't boo the lads off the pitch, must be a horrible feeling. If we have another man city away then yeah you're going to be peed off and your entitled to boo but don't slaughter them, leave it to farke. I think us supporters will help the lads. šŸ’›šŸ’š

Honestly think the Normann signing is the key. If heā€™s good, I think it will give us the platform to play and the likes of Rashica andĀ Tzolis could be really exciting. If he flops then I think we will struggle to stay up as we will remain too easy to play through.Ā 

Honestly no I donā€™t think we will. The same problems that hampered our previous season in this league seem to be a problem now. Teams set traps and wait for us to play ourselves into trouble. We also still look weak at defending set pieces at this level. Where the Goals are coming fromĀ also looksĀ to be a problemĀ 

Edited by Virtual reality