Midlands Yellow

Arsenal predictions

Arsenal to take a commanding 2-0 lead into half time but City to hit them with a second half goal blitz

Arsenal 2-4 Norwich……. Wait, what year is this?

• Haha 1

Arsenal to win 3-0, with us creating little to no chances. Not optimistic about this one at all.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

We must win to stop Arteta on MOD talking as if he is a Tactical Whizkid 

Sadly i think we will lose , Lack of Goals this season is my Worry with Pukki Not scoring in 12/14 Games in PL In open Play 

Edited by norfolkngood

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

my Worry with Pukki Not scoring in 12/14 Games in PL In open Play 

Conversely, If you apply the law of averages he's overdue a goal. 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Conversely, If you apply the law of averages he's overdue a goal. 🙂

i think  he needs to for us to stand a chance or maybe Sargent maybe the main man ?

Cant see us getting anything. Arsenal to get a soft fairly early goal, probably add another 2 at least.

3-0 Arsenal sadly, but we shrug it off and get our season going against Watford - normally Id say they'd beat us but think we can get a point. 

Could hope for a point against Everton, tend to lose to Burnley. Think our first win will be home to Brighton (on my birthday no less:)  )

Think Arsenal will nick it by one in a game not too dissimilar to the Leicester match where we look like it's close to clicking in places, but lacks a yard or two of pace and precision to completely pull it off. There were definitely signs in that Leicester game that it was coming to somewhat - passes were a shade crisper, teamwork off the ball was a bit more assured for longer periods, but it wasn't consistently in place long enough to get the result.

Think we'll lose 2-1, but hope I'm wrong.

Prediction: Arsenal 3-1 Norwich

The media have massively overplayed Arsenal's 'poor' start to the campaign, the same way they have ours. Look at Arsenal's games:

Brentford 2-0 Arsenal - Arsenal missing a host of players, and the 2nd goal should have been ruled out. Brentford industrious but lucky to win.

Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea - Playing for my money this year's champions.

Man City 5-0 Arsenal - Down to 10 men after 20 minutes. How many other teams (inc. top teams) have also had a hiding at Man City, even with 11 men. Answer = A lot. 

I can see another game where we get the run around, and then after this (as we all expected as soon as the fixtures were announced) our season finally starts in earnest vs. Watford. 

Why all this self-flagellation?

Illustration of painful senior male Vector illustration.Original paintings and drawing. flagellants stock illustrations

Have we sinned by having the audacity to get promoted again? 

Today will be another tough ask, but we are not without a decent chance of getting something from the game, all things considered, surely?

Palace getting tonked by Spurs early doors will do wonders for morale, and for a sense of proportion, whilst Villa (sans Emis, Emies, Emilianosses, Buendia and the other one) are surely to come away from Stamford Bridge, in the late game. empty-handed.

Edited by BroadstairsR

19 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Prediction: Arsenal 3-1 Norwich

The media have massively overplayed Arsenal's 'poor' start to the campaign, the same way they have ours. Look at Arsenal's games:

Brentford 2-0 Arsenal - Arsenal missing a host of players, and the 2nd goal should have been ruled out. Brentford industrious but lucky to win.

Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea - Playing for my money this year's champions.

Man City 5-0 Arsenal - Down to 10 men after 20 minutes. How many other teams (inc. top teams) have also had a hiding at Man City, even with 11 men. Answer = A lot. 

I can see another game where we get the run around, and then after this (as we all expected as soon as the fixtures were announced) our season finally starts in earnest vs. Watford. 

Agreed. Arsenal will be putting out a far superior side to the one that played Brentford away for their first fixture (Brentford fans won’t admit this though). Am normally very positive but have a bad feeling about today. I’ve seen a few different City podcasts and there’s some strong optimism (which, don’t get me wrong, is great!), but I think they’ve massively failed to notice we won’t be playing the same side that faced Brentford, and not by a long shot - they have a raft of their better players coming back today which changes everything (and boosts their confidence) I think and is total sods law for us unfortunately. Equally if we were to win today then it should not be underestimated what a result it would be!🤞 

Getting the first goal is absolutely crucial today, we have to use the crowd to our advantage who will 100% help our cause should we do that - either way, a fast start from either side will seal the deal I think.