Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Poland vs England

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Could somebody persuade me that Phillips is international class? He is the weak link in the team. Bellingham might be a better option.

I think he does the job he is there to do but I agree Bellingham is a step up.

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Watching the simulation of Grealish and Buendia in the same team must be a joy for Villa fans 😂

No doubt quite the uh.. entertainment

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Watching the simulation of Grealish and Buendia in the same team must be a joy for Villa fans 😂

They aren’t in the same team though?

Apparently it's kicking off in the tunnel, according to the BBC live feed. Not surprised Kamil Glik seems to be involved - he's always struck me as a particularly combative / confrontational sort in the ranks.

16 minutes ago, duke63 said:

I think he does the job he is there to do but I agree Bellingham is a step up.

Phillips is more of a holding midfielder being asked to do more then he can manage while Bellingham is the more all round box to box midfielder.

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Apparently it's kicking off in the tunnel, according to the BBC live feed. Not surprised Kamil Glik seems to be involved - he's always struck me as a particularly combative / confrontational sort in the ranks.

He was screaming at Grealish to **** off earlier and the ref was near and clearly heard yet did nothing about it (Although to be fair the ref has missed a lot so far..)

Then during the free kick he kept backing into Maguire clearly on purpose

He's well known for being a bit a bit of a twit

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He was screaming at Grealish to **** off earlier and the ref was near and clearly heard yet did nothing about it (Although to be fair the ref has missed a lot so far..)

Then during the free kick he kept backing into Maguire clearly on purpose

He's well known for being a bit a bit of a twit

Is that the same Glik that Ferguson tried to sign?  Maguire on the other hand is a lovely chap. Apart from when he's on holiday in Greece...... 

• Like 2

Lewandoski is twice the player Kane is. Absolute class. Just saying. Wish Grealish would get rid of the petulance 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Lewandoski is twice the player Kane is. Absolute class. Just saying. Wish Grealish would get rid of the petulance 

😂

Lewandoski is playing this half?  Oh yes.. he was stood on halfway line watching Kane hit that home.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, canarycop said:

You see this is why you don't say something like that

• Haha 1

I was just about to start another post slagging off Kane, but wow! 

So ....

Anyway, think Shaw and Grealish will feel better not playing together on the same team.  Getting in each others way all the time.

That should be it now. Poland are hard working and driven on by the crowd but have little apart from Lewandoski.

Just wish ITV would pension Lee I played for England Dixon off. Another co commentator might tell it how it really is. 2nd gear for England all night.

We should sign Puchacz just to marvel at the number of times 'Pooh Hatch' is said on Canary call each Saturday Night.

Edited by Google Bot
'****' is disallowed?! lol

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You see this is why you don't say something like that

It's like when I leave the room....theres always a goal. Make a comment like that and it worked. 

National lottery is a waste of money......let's see if that works haha

Lewandowski is still class though. Would walk onto any team in the PL

Great spell of pressure from Poland that, all spurred on with Lewandoski's touch earlier - It just gave a lift all round.  Can't knock'em, but gotta wonder why the game was sleeping for so long when this happens.

Disappointing end but not losing to your rivals is the main thing.

Surprised Southgate didn't make time wasting substitutions to ease the pressure a bit.

Ah yes the old 'Lets not make any subs and just pass it around at the back while 1-0 up routine while our players are tired and exhausted and are playing like the match is already over' routine

Never goes wrong