Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Referees Confirmed For Arsenal. Get ready…

This is a difficult one to handle, it's a pressure match.

If this sort of fixture had appeared slightly further down the footballing pyramid, it's a classic assessment game for an aspiring Ref. Those games feature top against top, bottom against bottom or top against bottom - the games where you might get a bit of needle.

Although there is plenty of pressure on Arsenal, I'm sure the officials will be as professional as possible knowing this game will probably be looked at under the microscope. Oliver and Dean are two of our top officials, and I'm sure neither will be wanting egg on their face over this game.

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes although in the past our advantage at international breaks was having a decent chunk of the squad for him to work with. Now we are one of the worst effected sides due to how many internationals we have, especially from the smaller nations who play nearly every international game. 

The break has also been very timely for Arsenal, who will see Ben White and Gabriel return in defence and Partey back in midfield. Those three have all remained at Arsenal during the international break and will have had two weeks training with each other to prepare. 

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The break has also been very timely for Arsenal, who will see Ben White and Gabriel return in defence and Partey back in midfield. Those three have all remained at Arsenal during the international break and will have had two weeks training with each other to prepare. 

They played a friendly v Brentford as well didn’t they with a pretty strong team out. As you say, the break may have helped them more than us. 

15 hours ago, crab man said:

I know its super early on but I cant remember the last time we won a basement battle or 6 pointer in the prem, and that also applies to Watford next week... regardless of who the ref is. We've got a horrendous record. #notconfident 

I'd get your memory checked out if I was you. It was in our last Premier League season when we beat Bournemouth 1-0. 

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

They played a friendly v Brentford as well didn’t they with a pretty strong team out. As you say, the break may have helped them more than us. 

It was against the Brentford B team, but yes, they have been working hard in the international break to get the new signings and players returning from injury/Covid up to speed.

If Norwich can start well the Emirates will get toxic really quickly - so if Norwich can avoid their almost traditional early goal, then things could get pretty feisty on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes although in the past our advantage at international breaks was having a decent chunk of the squad for him to work with. Now we are one of the worst effected sides due to how many internationals we have, especially from the smaller nations who play nearly every international game. 

So there's not a positive to be found.

As my dear friend Lapps would have said...

We're doomed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So there's not a positive to be found.

As my dear friend Lapps would have said...

We're doomed.

Looks like it might be sunny! 

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Maybe Sargent can do a Mark Robins?.....

Only if Leno (or Ramsdale) do a Seaman 🤣