Sign in to follow this  
Jsim1986

Kenny McLean - Left Scotland Squad

No Idea why but he is one of three withdrawals, hope his injury hasn't come back 🥺

Edited by Jsim1986

Someone on the Q&A mentioned a blow to the ribs just after he came on for Gilmour.  So potentially only bruising which shouldn't inhibit him too much after a couple more days rest.  Let's hope someone else carries his bags.

Let's hope it is bruising and not a cracked rib. 

Sounds like Gilmour is being pretty much being run into the ground and no McLean to come on for him. Let's hope Normann doesn't get injured for Norway.

42 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Someone on the Q&A mentioned a blow to the ribs just after he came on for Gilmour.  So potentially only bruising which shouldn't inhibit him too much after a couple more days rest.  Let's hope someone else carries his bags.

Prehaps best if he has a little rest on Saturday. Last thing we need is more of our injury prone players being out for weeks if not longer

53 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Would he have been a starter for Saturday? 

I would think so from Farke's recent comments

How much longer are they going to be allowed to cram 3 games into these international breaks? i thought it was a temporary thing due to some fixtures having been cancelled due to covid. It needs to be snuffed out before it becomes a permament fixture as its ridiculous.

• Like 2

This was the reason i replied to Lakey's post about our new boys being rearing to go after the international break,  saying DF is more likely to go with a team for Arsenal that is more aligned to the ones who played in the first 3 league games, that many of them could be playing 2 or 3 games in the break and may well need a rest. One or 2 maybe, Normann for sure, has not even trained with nhis new team mates yet.

Also, Rashica, Dimi and Tzolis are  possibly playing Wednesday and Sargent as late as Thursday morning...in Honduras! and with Kenny now seemingly picking up an as yet unknown injury it could be a difficult  choice for DF as whom to play...this "season starts after the break" motto may  be needed to be pushed back a week or two im thinking...but in reality it started  at home to Liverpool last month.

Picking up talent from 'lesser' achieving nations is really a curse in itself during these compact international period.  Pundits will sympathise with the top teams who's players are in high profile matches, yet are probably ignorant on the international commitments we have to deal with.

There's also the aspect that England players are playing games at a canter vs the likes of most of our guys who are in true 50/50's or playing as the underdog.   And that applies for so many of our potential starters too.

I presume Aarons is still involved in U21's too? Not seen any mention.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

How much longer are they going to be allowed to cram 3 games into these international breaks? i thought it was a temporary thing due to some fixtures having been cancelled due to covid. It needs to be snuffed out before it becomes a permament fixture as its ridiculous.

Not often I agree with you Jim, but totally agree with you on this.  The start of the season is an absolute joke with transfer window and international breaks disrupting the bread and butter of league football and three games in international week just adds to that. Injuries, tiredness - especially after travelling - how is Sargent supposed to be fit for Saturday after a game on Thursday and a long flight straight after? 

International football is just a farce these days with so many fixtures. There must be a better way - four teams in a group instead of six would be a start.

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

nternational football is just a farce these days with so many fixtures

👍

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Not often I agree with you Jim, but totally agree with you on this.  

👍

Yep, there has to be a better  way, fooked if I can think of a solution  though.

Maybe lakeyos suggestion of a tournament  at the end of each season, euro qualifiers, next year euros, WC qualifiers ,next year WC..... that could work,  played as a tournament so only play other group members once in qualifiers, as in the real thing. Could easily be done in four weeks, maybe less.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

👍

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Not often I agree with you Jim, but totally agree with you on this.  

👍

Yep, there has to be a better  way, fooked if I can think of a solution  though.

Maybe lakeyos suggestion of a tournament  at the end of each season, euro qualifiers, next year euros, WC qualifiers ,next year WC..... that could work,  played as a tournament so only play other group members once in qualifiers, as in the real thing. Could easily be done in four weeks, maybe less.  

The thing is, they’d just dump pointless friendlies in and then the big teams would cry about how many players they have away and lack of pre season when the tournaments take place 

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

This is the last time-there are two games in the October and November breaks.

27 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The thing is, they’d just dump pointless friendlies in and then the big teams would cry about how many players they have away and lack of pre season when the tournaments take place 

Ban Friendlies then. Daft games unless part of preseason. International  Friendlies are even stoooopider. They can play training games behind closed doors  for a run  out as the matches  in stadiums are a joke.  I would have the tournaments  at the end of the season.  Then let the players have a few weeks off , then back to pre  season. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ban Friendlies then. Daft games unless part of preseason. International  Friendlies are even stoooopider. They can play training games behind closed doors  for a run  out as the matches  in stsdiums are a joke.

It’s all about the money though

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

It’s all about the money though

That's why their  souls will burn in hell.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

Hanley has got a booking tonight that rules him out of the next Scotland game v Israel.  Could be a good move for us.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Hanley has got a booking tonight that rules him out of the next Scotland game v Israel.  Could be a good move for us.

Also got man of the match on the beeb report.

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Also got man of the match on the beeb report.

Fantastic win for Scotland and destiny in their own hands now. Will be great to have them and Wales heading to Qatar with England. 

I by far enjoyed watching that Scotland match last night than most England matches.  There's just a real sense of fight and togetherness and far less play acting generally.

Even the commentary was refreshing when they said it was never a pen and that Che Adams had hold of the defender too.  Just felt very real compared to the usual BS that follows the England team.

It could just be because I'd like to see our boys make it to the world cup with their country, perhaps.  Hard to say, but was really enjoyable to watch.