Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Reluctant to use buy back scheme again.

6 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I guess if you’re speaking of the limited corner area space and those with restricted view as “less popular” then you’re almost certainly correct, as seeing the game is better than not.

Not necessarily so. I once bought a ticket in the corner near the bottom of the river end and it was not a good experience and not worth the travel costs and time. Not a good view, too much too-ing and fro-ing of kids who's attention span to the match was nil, constantly having to put up with them or their parents pushing past you to get sweets/food/drinks/go for loo breaks etc etc.....call me fickle, but it was a big deal to get to Norwich for that match and it really wasn't worth it.

I've never managed to get a ticket on the buy back scheme (as far as I'm aware...maybe you can't tell as a buyer) but rarely needed to as the grapevine is strong and people are generous with loaning their tickets out without going through the buyback scheme. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

With respect that isn't the point Nutty is making. It's one of the things I've often wondered about - sitting in a seat near an annoying fan week after week - it would drive me nuts.  I count myself quite lucky in that way, I know I don't go very often these days, but whenever I do go, I get a seat in different part of the ground each time and occasionally you get stuck near someone who spoils it and I think, gawd, what if I had to put up wth that every week........and having that person not turn up and someone different in his/her place would be a bless-ed relief from that.

Noted, LDC. 

I think there are two points being made here. 

Firstly safety of attendees, by way of covid tests, Double vaxes and the like, and the attendee having proof that the test is in the name of the attendee (and not necessarily the (season) ticket holder). However his is not a requirement as yet. 

secondly, the attendee experience, which can be heavily influenced but people nearby you as you describe, but the club has little control over (other than offence language, racism / homophobic chants and the like).   

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Never used it . Always give my seat to a Norwich supporting mate if I don’t use my seat . There are loads of fans out there , you don’t have to look very far . 

Not so easy when you live three hours away and sometimes it's a late call as to whether you can do.  

On 06/09/2021 at 23:21, nutty nigel said:

Blimey.

It doesn't make any difference to me.

Oh, and my seat is the wrong aged ticket for the person in it and nobody cares about that either🙃

To be fair Nutty you do look so young you probably still get ID'd at the supermarket checkout 😀

• Haha 1