Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Reluctant to use buy back scheme again.

I am at an age and health concerned about attend matches at present.

I used the buy back scheme for the Liverpool game, amazingly it seems the clubs did not resell it.

I then did the same for the Leicester game, on this occasion I was toldĀ someone was used my seat, however I have heard nothing from the club.

I will not be going to the Watford game, but before I offer it back to the club, I would like to know what others have thought of the scheme.

it such a shame not to be able to directly pass it on to other city fans myself, however I have been advised it is not without risk.

21 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

it such a shame not to be able to directly pass it on to other city fans myself, however I have been advised it is not without risk.

What do you mean by 'not without risk', and what are your concerns with the scheme?

IdĀ guess he means if he passes to a friend outside of the club scheme, and they dont behave, he is at risk of his season ticket being cancelled.

35 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

I am at an age and health concerned about attend matches at present.

I used the buy back scheme for the Liverpool game, amazingly it seems the clubs did not resell it.

I then did the same for the Leicester game, on this occasion I was toldĀ someone was used my seat, however I have heard nothing from the club.

I will not be going to the Watford game, but before I offer it back to the club, I would like to know what others have thought of the scheme.

I have used the scheme a great deal over the years and had no problems, with the ticket office keeping tabs on how much money I was building up to go towards the next season's ticket.

But with the new system supposedly the money will be paid into one's bank account after each game. I did email the club before the season started because I wanted to raise this question (preferring the old system) and others, but have never heard back.

My seat was on buyback for Liverpool (albeit at pretty short notice) and Leicester, and I have no idea if it was sold on, but I have had nothing paid into my bank account. The assumption would normally be that it was not sold for either, but equally there does seem to be a bit of a general problem with ticketing/the ticket office, so it may be that payment has been forgotten, or the old system of building up what one is due is still in force.

To sum, the scheme worked well in the past, but I could be sure that is still true. I know the supporters' panel members have it in mind to raise the overall question of ticketing.

I have used it a lot in the past. I was never told when and if my seats had been sold - I just got the discount when renewing them. Had no way of checking or knowing.

It should be very simple these days for the club to develop a season ticket holders app which we could all use to update our accounts and which connects with the club database. They seem to be spending a fortune on "big data" yet their processes are very dated.

I have used the buy back scheme in the past with no issues.

However this season despiteĀ the plus of receiving cash instead of credit I would not expect too much from it. Although the official attendance looks like a sell out, that reflects number of tickets sold not backsides on seats. For the first two games there were quite a few gaps around. Possibly supporters who have elected to defer, whose seats would be sold ahead of buy backs, or a larger than normal number of buy backs.

Sales mayĀ Ā pick up if we start getting some results but at the moment putting your seat on buyback is by no means a guaranteed sale.

Iā€™ve never used the scheme, but may well be doing. Ā Hopefully it works okĀ once it bedsĀ in.

One thing you can do to check,Ā if a bit ā€˜belt-and-bracesā€™, is to go to the online ticket site (perhaps the day before the game) toĀ see if your seat is availableĀ for theĀ game (if the block is greyed out, all seats are sold). Ā Itā€™d give you proof as to whether the system said it was sold if youā€™re worried about it.

Incidentally, there were still a few seats showing for Liverpool and Leicester the day before the game, but itā€™s currently showing next-to-none for Watford.E37F4BE2-F7D4-4761-A56F-462DDCCB0E69.thumb.png.1d2a36882ba47a683bc5d2d0f8ca370e.png

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Iā€™ve never used the scheme, but may well be doing. Ā Hopefully it works okĀ once it bedsĀ in.

One thing you can do to check,Ā if a bit ā€˜belt-and-bracesā€™, is to go to the online ticket site (perhaps the day before the game) toĀ see if your seat is availableĀ for theĀ game (if the block is greyed out, all seats are sold). Ā Itā€™d give you proof as to whether the system said it was sold if youā€™re worried about it.

Incidentally, there were still a few seats showing for Liverpool and Leicester the day before the game, but itā€™s currently showing next-to-none for Watford.E37F4BE2-F7D4-4761-A56F-462DDCCB0E69.thumb.png.1d2a36882ba47a683bc5d2d0f8ca370e.png

Itā€™s true that that is the current state of play for Watford, but the Liverpool game was showing sold out on occasions and certainly extra tickets appeared for Leicester. I assume that what you see is the dynamic picture, which means once people put their seats on buyback, they appear on the plan.This implies that the number of Watford seats available could rise again.

Hi,

I've used this for the Liverpool and Watford games, and registered my ticket for buy back through the NCFC website, it's then possible to see if it's been re-sold or not, which for me it was for both games. The only issue I've had is withdrawing the credit, which looks as though it maybe a glitch with the new website, but I contacted the club and they were able to make the payment to the card that I had registered.

17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Itā€™s true that that is the current state of play for Watford, but the Liverpool game was showing sold out on occasions and certainly extra tickets appeared for Leicester. I assume that what you see is the dynamic picture, which means once people put their seats on buyback, they appear on the plan.This implies that the number of Watford seats available could rise again.

Oh, definitely - but if someone has put theirĀ seat up forĀ buy-back already, itā€™s likely to have been sold.

I think oneĀ of the issues this year will be in re-selling, as the price of Ā£48 for grade ā€˜Aā€™Ā casual tickets seems very high (when away fans are capped); it will only generate a maximumĀ ofĀ a relatively small amount with unsold tickets vs selling all tickets at Ā£30.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Absolute waste of time give it to a relation or friendĀ 

If you donā€™t have either swop it for a bottle of whiskyĀ 

55 minutes ago, daly said:

Absolute waste of time give it to a relation or friendĀ 

If you donā€™t have either swop it for a bottle of whiskyĀ 

Luckily I have a non ST holder reliable friendship group, so on the rare occasions I can't get to a home game I can sell at above buyback but below casual price. Plus I know my seat will go to a City fan.

• Like 1

Hi, I will pay your face value for a Watford ticket. There's an issue with my membership that I've got combined with my multiple accounts linked back to when using a VPN to access matches on iFollow was a thing.

Ā 

You can trust me, i'm a regular poster on here and have been turning up to CR since I was 6. It's up to you of course and I won't push if you're not comfortable with it, but like I said I'd be happy to have the ticket if you're selling. PM me if you're interested.Ā 

We have four season tickets together and put two for Liverpool on buyback a week before when we had no takers from our usual group of family and friends.

The game was showing as sold out midweek, this should be the trigger for the buyback seats to go on sale, however this never appeared to happen as the seats were empty and we didn't receive any credits.Ā 

Over the years this scheme has been flaky at best.

At one time the club offered something hardly worth bothering with -Ā  Ā£5 or Ā£10 - and a family member who did use it found that the credits weren't always applied. Someone else I know well let the club re-sell a ticket for a Chelsea home match only to find on his return that an away fan was in the seat. He had a bit of explaining to do to the regulars around him.

It's often possible to find someone who wants a seat, maybe a friend or a regular on here, who'll pay a better price and you'll know it's gone to a City fan.

Ā 

In these covid times is there likely to be a problem with selling season tickets privately and the club not being aware who is in the seat?

43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

In these covid times is there likely to be a problem with selling season tickets privately and the club not being aware who is in the seat?

When you need a covid passport what happens if the nameĀ on the vaccine certificate is different to the season ticket ?

42 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

When you need a covid passport what happens if the nameĀ on the vaccine certificate is different to the season ticket ?

As long as the person attending, can prove their ID and the test is theirs, the name on the ticket is irrelevant. Lots a familys etc share tickets for example.Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

What differenceĀ  does it make who is in the seat? (as long its the require aged ticket for the person attending, that's all the club would be concerned over)Ā 

Blimey.

It doesn't make any difference to me.

Oh, and my seat is the wrong aged ticket for the person in it and nobody cares about that eitheršŸ™ƒ

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Blimey.

It doesn't make any difference to me.

Oh, and my seat is the wrong aged ticket for the person in it and nobody cares about that eitheršŸ™ƒ

Perhaps they are trying to tell you something Eddie! šŸ˜ŠĀ 

I quite like the idea of other people turning up in the seats. Imagine if you were stuck next to an annoying argumentative little beggar and someone new turned up...

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I quite like the idea of other people turning up in the seats. Imagine if you were stuck next to an annoying argumentative little beggar and someone new turned up...

As long as they have provided a negative test for admission you'll be fine Eddie.Ā 

Used it once for a Chelsea game and they sold it to a Chelsea fan, which caused trouble in the stands. I now only give it to mates and City fans I trust.....

Problem with this is that there is no real clarity as to how it works.Ā 

If a casual fan wants a seat presumably they get directed first to any available seats that are not taken by season ticket holders as these will make a bigger profit for the Club? This being the case presumably no one will receive a refund until all seats have been sold for the first time?

The other problem that strikes me is that regardless of the time of hand back, someone who has a season ticket for a popular seat is likely to do much better than someone whose seat may be unpopular? That doesn't seem fair. If the Club are recycling seats they ought to determine the refund level in relation to the advance notice given by the fan and/or using a pooling system.

Ā 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

The other problem that strikes me is that regardless of the time of hand back, someone who has a season ticket for a popular seat is likely to do much better than someone whose seat may be unpopular? That doesn't seem fair. If the Club are recycling seats they ought to determine the refund level in relation to the advance notice given by the fan and/or using a pooling system.

Ā 

Except this is a load of pony, isnā€™t it?Ā 

You assume that every potential buyer has the same opinion of what is ā€œa popular seatā€. If youā€™re an all singing, rowdy(ish), young (ahem) supporter, then a ticket in Block E of the Lower Barclay will be right up your street. If youā€™re a ā€œstudent of the gameā€ then youā€™re likely to prefer a ticket on the halfway line in the Jarrold. If youā€™re taking your young child, youā€™ll avoid the rowdier standing areas and might prefer a ticket in the River End, family area or either wing stand. Iā€™d guess demand is fairly even depending on certain demographics and personal preferences.Ā 

Of course, I could be miles off the mark and it wouldnā€™t be the first time. I guess if youā€™re speaking of the limited corner area space and those with restricted view as ā€œless popularā€ then youā€™re almost certainly correct, as seeing the game is better than not. But if you own a RV ST I donā€™t think it will come as much of a surprise that other tickets go first and I donā€™t see it as particularly unfair, itā€™s obvious.Ā 

Iā€™d also guess/assume that most of us have a Norwich supporting friend or relative that we could hand the ticket off to. If you wanted the Ā£15 theyā€™d probably still be grateful. The ones I have an issue with are those that pass tickets out to away fans, which Iā€™ve seen numerous times in the Jarrold Stand.Ā 

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:
9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

As long as they have provided a negative test for admission you'll be fine Eddie.Ā 

With respect that isn't the point Nutty is making. It's one of the things I've often wondered about - sitting in a seat near an annoying fan week after week - it would drive me nuts.Ā  I count myself quite lucky in that way, I know I don't go very often these days, but whenever I do go, I get a seat in different part of the ground each time and occasionally you get stuck near someone who spoils it and I think, gawd, what if I had to put up wth that every week........and having that person not turn up and someone different in his/her place would be a bless-ed relief from that.

• Like 1