Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Unexpected Pitch Invasions

The Brazil v Arg game reminded me of an unexpected pitch invasion when I was playing Sunday morning football.

A woman drove a car onto the pitch, parked in front of one of the goals. She was the (very recently) ex-girlfriend of the opposition no. 9, he dumped her the previous night. She wouldn't move until he took her back. The game was held up for about 10 minutes. We lost 0-2, he scored both goals.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Are you sure it wasn't a ploy by the oppo manager to get the best out of his no.9 - seemed to work!

No, we were rubbish & losing 2-0 was a good result for us that season. 🙂

I had one back in the day too - 

we stopped for halftime at one game and when we came back to start the second half there was a herd of deer on the pitch, 

A fence had come down at some point and theyd wandered over.  The ref had no idea what to do or who to call.

Edited by Haus

I've had a couple that spring to mine, the first being a dog that had escaped from a nearby house garden and was on the pitch chasing the ball but nobody could catch the damn thing. I've no idea how long the match got delayed, probably around 20 minutes. The dog also punctured the match-ball. In the end the owner had heard all the commotion, come out to see what was going on then rather embarrassingly realised it was his dog! All players were unharmed though, a lovely dog but thought everyone was playing a game of chase.

The second is a rather Norfolk affair, a cup game for a Sunday league got postponed as they started harvesting the field that backed on to two sides of the pitch about 10 minutes into the game. Cue a blizzard of straw and a fair few players, including myself, flaring up some incredible hayfever. Oh Sunday league, you never disappoint! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The Brazil v Arg game reminded me of an unexpected pitch invasion when I was playing Sunday morning football.

A woman drove a car onto the pitch, parked in front of one of the goals. She was the (very recently) ex-girlfriend of the opposition no. 9, he dumped her the previous night. She wouldn't move until he took her back. The game was held up for about 10 minutes. We lost 0-2, he scored both goals.

Shame she wasn't a bus driver! 

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Sorry about that mate, I dumped her again straight after...... 😏

4 hours ago, Haus said:

I had one back in the day too - 

we stopped for halftime at one game and when we came back to start the second half there was a herd of deer on the pitch, 

A fence had come down at some point and theyd wandered over.  The ref had no idea what to do or who to call.

On a Stag Do?......

• Haha 2