Virtual reality

Brazil vs Argentina

Just when you think things can’t get crazier in this covid world. Brazilian health officials have ran on to the pitch 10 minutes in to deport 4 Argentina players. Madness

Edited by Virtual reality

Apparently the Brazilian Health officials got stuck in traffic and hence why this all happened after the game kicked off. As Messi has just said though "We've been here for 3 days, why did this not happen before?"

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Quite right too...Brazil havent been able to call up certain players from red listed countries, thosee Argentian players have flouted the rules

This shows footballers think they're above the law

Big problem with this. 

If I have a UK work permit points for criminal convictions might become a problem. 

Villa and Spuds might be a little worried. 

Just now, Norfolk Dan said:

Big problem with this. 

If I have a UK work permit points for criminal convictions might become a problem. 

Villa and Spuds might be a little worried. 

If the press reports are to be believed ( not sure at this stage ) they lied to get in the country, have been sent for 14 days quarantine and then maybe charged ( Brazilian law has flouting COVID rules as a custodial offence ). 

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Didnt think he was in the squad? Not in the team and Villa havent announced him being called back up

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

If the press reports are to be believed ( not sure at this stage ) they lied to get in the country, have been sent for 14 days quarantine and then maybe charged ( Brazilian law has flouting COVID rules as a custodial offence ). 

If Buendia is incarcerated in a Brazilian jail for 6 months, Villa aren't getting their money back...

I do doubt they have lied about being I the UK date wise. I just think they have ignored the quarantine period. 

Having said that, if they have competed an act of fraud, then I am sure someone will pay someone and it will become a clerical error and nothing to see here... Move along... 

I think Emi will say to the authorities that as Cambridge didnt start a thread about it - it didnt happen. So nothing to see here! 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Didnt think he was in the squad? Not in the team and Villa havent announced him being called back up

Buendia, Romero, Lo Celso and Martinez

• Like 1

Looks like these 4 are a very close group. Anywhere emi martinez goes, expect to see buendia right in his shadow 

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, hope he enjoys sitting in a Jail cell for the next couple months. RIP his career, and it was all his own choice. tut tut.

Indeed Villa were already unhappy with the 2 of them for going as they have to quarantine when they get back. Looks like best case scenario 14 days quarantine there and 10 days ( or is it 14 days here for red countries ) here. He then goes back again ( if selected ) 2 weeks later.

41 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Looks like these 4 are a very close group. Anywhere emi martinez goes, expect to see buendia right in his shadow 

If the rumours are to be bealived only reason Emi joined Vila is that Martinez convinced him too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, hope he enjoys sitting in a Jail cell for the next couple months. RIP his career, and it was all his own choice. tut tut.

Think you might have jumped a bit on this one.

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If the rumours are to be bealived only reason Emi joined Vila is that Martinez convinced him too

Some Arsenal fans have suggested he was quite a disruptive and unhelpful influence whilst he was with them. Total gut feeling but I do get the impression that Emi B looks up to Martinez perhaps a bit more than he should do. Farke did a great job man managing him, have always thought that. 

According to what was mentioned on the radio the Argentine players have been locking the health officials out of areas over the last few days and they have been avoiding calls etc, they knew the rules and they broke them.

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm sure his salary was a pretty big reason too.

The reputation the Brazilian authorities have, i am sure someone will be making a financial offer for their release. 

Edited by Baracouda