Jump to content
The Real Buh

Worst adverts

Recommended Posts

Lots of division on here but here’s maybe something we can unite on. Hatred of adverts.

Lets relax and share our most annoying current adverts. Internet, TV whatever.

personal worst one at the moment, the climate change pledge ads with the self important kids in it. When that Australian kid says “do more sustainable farming, it’s a thing now” it makes me want to get in my car and just start revving it. It’s makes me want to disturb a family of endangered water voles. What moron thought that this could encourage people to want to do more to act on climate change?

proof, if any more was needed, the climate issue will be solved by clever scientists and engineers. Not spineless politicians or hippies covered in red paint who have never worked a day in their lives.

EB54879B-1498-4B9A-9726-3071523B2AB1.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the Aussie kid could come over and clear up all the crap left at Reading

Any advert with Philip Schofield in it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adverts for products that start with “vagi”

where are all the special soaps and lotions that start with “n o b “ ?

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to also mention the longevity award goes to nationwide who have consistently made the worst adverts. It’s not a single one in particular it’s all of them. They all follow a weird artsy foRmula that must be causing people to actively search for another bank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Lots of division on here but here’s maybe something we can unite on. Hatred of adverts.

Lets relax and share our most annoying current adverts. Internet, TV whatever.

personal worst one at the moment, the climate change pledge ads with the self important kids in it. When that Australian kid says “do more sustainable farming, it’s a thing now” it makes me want to get in my car and just start revving it. It’s makes me want to disturb a family of endangered water voles. What moron thought that this could encourage people to want to do more to act on climate change?

proof, if any more was needed, the climate issue will be solved by clever scientists and engineers. Not spineless politicians or hippies covered in red paint who have never worked a day in their lives.

P

The kid who says "I'm only six, you figure it out" sums it up really. We did have it figured out. We virtually recycled everything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The kid who says "I'm only six, you figure it out" sums it up really. We did have it figured out. We virtually recycled everything.

 

The most hilarious thing is it’s all run by amazon. F@&£ing amazon of all people, who must be well up there amongst the most immoral, polluting companies out there.

Im not going to be lectured by a company who is run by literally Lex Luther from superman and has official procedures for delivery drivers pooping in bags to keep productivity high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ****ing advert on YouTube. I got rid of my television twelve years ago, and don't regret it in the slightest. Saves me money on Sky as well as the TV licence. Happy days.

I don't agree with @The Real Buh too much, but certainly agree with his disdain for Amazon. In fact, I haven't bought anything from them in about five years.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon having to spend such a large amount on advertising to tell us they are not horrible bastards to work for suggests they might actually be horrible bastards to work for.

The Levis advert about 'buying better' pisses me off so much, mainly because it has Jaden Smith in it. He's grown up immensely rich and privileged so, for him, 'buying better' (which usually means more expensive) is substantially easier. Add in that Levi's have an obvious interest in selling more ****ing jeans and it just all goes into one huge, hypocritical ball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For any that listen to too much radio. Ambulance chasers on commercial radio are the worst followed by idents on BBC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember thinking adverts couldn't get much worse than the Go Compare guy and then they started using him as himself.......... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I remember thinking adverts couldn't get much worse than the Go Compare guy and then they started using him as himself.......... 

I like those adverts. It's nice that untalented twin allows the talented one every opportunity to sing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I like those adverts. It's nice that untalented twin allows the talented one every opportunity to sing.

I haven't compared them

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The squirrel from the Graze adverts is pretty irritating, but don't start me on the mouthwash ad that has a bloody Scottish donkey in it, now that is up there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnum adverts! The utterly hideous sound of the individual biting into the product is so repulsive I have never consumed one since some idiot decided it would be a good idea to promote the product this way.

Edited by horsefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The accent of the guy who does the Cinch adverts means really grates. 

Also EE. I'm not going to buy a phone advertised by a guy who's only decent film was Tremors 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The all-smiling advert for the SunLife Plan with Derek and June, usually run during the graveyard shift.

"It's June Dad."

"Hello June, would you like a parsnip?" (Smiling.)

"This came next door for you, Derek, it looks important."

"Oh, it must be my SunLife Plan (all smiles.) It gives me peace of mind for when I go all my funeral expenses will be catered for."

"Oh Derek, I must get one myself" (Tentative smile.)

Well, you get a free gift too. I'm thinking of getting a new pair of binoculars." (Broad smile.)

"Oh, I'm definitely in, Derek." (Broad smile.)

"I'll put the details through your door. Parsnip jam, wine?"

Both smiling hysterically as the camera fades.

How two people are supposed to be so delighted when contemplating their own funerals beats me.

It's the free gift what does it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hi, I'm Barry Scott.

He was a noisy barsteward, always shouting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2021 at 08:25, Mello Yello said:

I absolutely adore Meerkats, but.......

The Russian accents are a stroke of genius though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Herman said:

Captain Birdseye is now a European dubbed into English. 😡

Looking forward to the burger adverts boasting 100% prime hormone treated Aussie beef. Well done Liz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...