The Real Buh

Worst adverts

Genuinely annoyed by any advert that has a company wanting a pat on the back for being “environmental”

usually they believe because they put a leaf in their company logo that they are Gaia and will heal the earth.

It’s know as “greenwashing”, same thing happens every year with pride where Halliburton or BP or someone pretends to care about LGBT people by changing their Facebook logo. Cringe.

Quick note on the Christmas ads coming on the TV

I honestly thought John Lewis had gone out of business because of Covid. Who has ever spent any money in John Lewis? Surely it’s just Woolworths at this point? Advert this year is awful, schmaltzy, aged garbage.

Can’t wait for the Coca Cola truck but this year they’ll make sure they say it’s an electric truck or something.

You can tell through the screen how terrified all companies are of their customers, of “online reaction” all the ads are created by committee to offend the least amount of people. It’s a really weird situation to be in, to be afraid of your customers. Everything just looks super fake to me and not organic.

Everythings a bit “captain marvel” and not “aliens” if you see what I mean. All these ads look very “uncanny valley”.

Aldi have got it right though, nobody can be offended by a carrot… or can they?…

• Like 1

On 17/10/2021 at 11:49, Mr Angry said:

Ads that pop up on your PC at 2.55 on Saturday afternoon, just as you're about to settle down to watch the footie, telling you that "Marie is a 22 year old who lives 500m away and wants to meet up right now for fun and frolics".

Firstly, no she doesn't, and secondly, if technology is so advanced now, can't they tell I'll be busy for the next 2 hours?

HesGoal is a huge victim for this. Click bait everywhere and the other half goes “What’s that up there!?, ‘Loose weight with this homemade drink’?”, only for me to explain its clickbait, only for her to not get it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

HesGoal is a huge victim for this. Click bait everywhere and the other half goes “What’s that up there!?, ‘Loose weight with this homemade drink’?”, only for me to explain its clickbait, only for her to not get it.

Years ago I was watching an iffy stream for the Norwich v Leeds L1 game. One of these pop-ups appeared and,usually I clear them easily, somehow I pressed a wrong button and my anti-virus went into meltdown and I missed Chris Martin's winning goal trying to get my laptop up and running. I was a bit gutted to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Years ago I was watching an iffy stream for the Norwich v Leeds L1 game. One of these pop-ups appeared and,usually I clear them easily, somehow I pressed a wrong button and my anti-virus went into meltdown and I missed Chris Martin's winning goal trying to get my laptop up and running. I was a bit gutted to say the least.

Fúcks sake, that would still **** me off all these years on!. I missed James Rodigues’s wonder goal against Uruguay at the 2014 World Cup, because mum got drunk and dad told me to take her up the stairs to bed. It was with that I missed Goal of the Tournament live and it still narks me today.

I can only imagine if that was with a goal that got us promoted, how I would have felt all these years on.

• Like 1

It's one of my favourite City photos as a result and a reminder to check which button you press.😀

Chris Martin and Norwich pip Leeds in fixture of the ...

• Haha 1

TEBO massage chair.Why did they use a sexy woman in a low cut dress to advertise a product aimed at the older gent? Ohhh....😂

• Haha 1

Those Numan adverts that actually shout at you, coming out with smutty names for the male sex organ, before a free use voice sample of “We have lift off” is played.

I get the point, but why be annoying by shouting and come up with smut?. Have the ASA have no shame these days?.

Oh, and I find every advert for Christmas annoying every single year, not once have I shopped at John Lewis and their adverts don’t make me change that fact either. Went into one just to have a view of the Olympic Stadium, but didn’t actually buy anything.

At least the audio description automatically turns on for me when their later rubbish advert starts up, stopping me from hearing what awful cover they’ve come up with this year.

Edited by KernowCanary

Any advert that interrupts your YouTube viewing just by appearing at random. The ones before are just as annoying, but at least they’re expected unlike while you’re tying to watch something.

Also, that eBay advert with the couple putting their furniture together like it’s a jigsaw puzzle while the F is For Family theme tune plays. It just gets on my wick for some reason.

That bloody Thorntons chocolate one with “Don’t you want to see the house first?”.

The one in the green t-shirt was a scammer in a Barclays advert and also was an adviser in Anglia TV’s classic show “Knightmare”. She didn’t win though and now does sh*t adverts.

• Haha 1

- That Vicks one that is so clearly poorly dubbed over and takes place in a courtroom where the judge sentences this guy to a “blocked nose”.

- Not on anymore, but the “everything you touch turns to Skittles” one, which was stupid and poorly thought through (how didn’t the top he’s wearing turn to them when he put it on!?).

- All Starling Bank ones.

- Nationwide poetry, haven’t they realised nobody actually likes them!?.

- Any advert referencing “The Pandemic” or the cost of living like the latest one of the above as posted by FenwayFrank (EDIT: I didn’t actually see his post when I wrote this and scrolled up only to see it after I posted!).

Edited by KernowCanary

That 3 Mobile one with the guy not able to understand these complex words on the menu and so searching for their meaning, all while cliched animations of data travelling is shown alongside what he’s typing.

The John Lewis Christmas advert. I don't ever want to hear a slow  suicidal version of blink 182. What is with them butchering songs every year? I hope they go out of business. After they've sold off all their Lego to me cheaply obviously!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

The John Lewis Christmas advert. I don't ever want to hear a slow  suicidal version of blink 182. What is with them butchering songs every year? I hope they go out of business. After they've sold off all their Lego to me cheaply obviously!

Bloody hell, I just heard it and, even as a non blink fan, that is an awful version. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Herman said:

Bloody hell, I just heard it and, even as a non blink fan, that is an awful version. 

That made me go and check it out for myself, wish I hadn’t ! 😂

• Haha 1