The Real Buh

Worst adverts

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The all-smiling advert for the SunLife Plan with Derek and June, usually run during the graveyard shift.

"It's June Dad."

"Hello June, would you like a parsnip?" (Smiling.)

"This came next door for you, Derek, it looks important."

"Oh, it must be my SunLife Plan (all smiles.) It gives me peace of mind for when I go all my funeral expenses will be catered for."

"Oh Derek, I must get one myself" (Tentative smile.)

Well, you get a free gift too. I'm thinking of getting a new pair of binoculars." (Broad smile.)

"Oh, I'm definitely in, Derek." (Broad smile.)

"I'll put the details through your door. Parsnip jam, wine?"

Both smiling hysterically as the camera fades.

How two people are supposed to be so delighted when contemplating their own funerals beats me.

It's the free gift what does it.

• Haha 3

That eBay one that goes on about how they are keeping small business running during the ‘demic. Even the way the bloke goes “Buy!, sell! eBay!”, makes me want to rip my ears off.

Also, any advert that references the ‘demic in a way that’s supposed to raise spirits, when it just makes you depressed, that also goes to all those ones filmed using Teams Grid screen recordings like that Maltesers one.

The worse one to come out of all of this however….. has to be the Nationwide Building Society one in which a couple who’s wedding has been postponed, so they are recording a message to their future selves six months later. It’s so clearly obvious they are reading off a cue card or teleprompter, but their rhyming is just awful, total utter cringe and just gets worse by the minute, especially when the idea of only eating crisps and sandwiches at their reception is mentioned.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2021 at 13:28, Herman said:

Captain Birdseye is now a European dubbed into English. 😡

Is it like “Barry Scott” telling us about Cillit Bang, or even worse?.

On 14/09/2021 at 22:12, Rock The Boat said:

Scottish Widows. That bird smirking under her cape for so many years, she must be a serial killer.

I've had a thang about her and her previous incarnations for many a year now. Serial killer or not 😁

9 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I've had a thang about her and her previous incarnations for many a year now. Serial killer or not 😁

Amanda Lamb, about 20 odd years ago.👍

On 16/09/2021 at 17:18, MooreMarriot said:

There is a whole cottage industry of these terrible adverts that I've come into contact with much more since WFH- this, the Promise Life one and now the incredibly **** verisure alarm adverts.

90% of Video MSM adverts seem to have been subjected to a 'wokism' test. Unless of course they have been made somewhere else in the world and dubbed and voiced over - maybe because of cheapness??

Which leaves the Stanna Stairlift, Richard Hamsters Morrison's and this incredibly unfunny M*ng

image.jpeg.42588e2ec4ec046e656bbad0197856b0.jpeg

• Like 1

Pure Cremation.🥴

Has anyone mentioned the Verisure alarm ad? 

Edited by Herman

The eBay one with the couple putting the lounge together like a jigsaw puzzle really ruffles my feathers for some reason…… What makes it worse is that it’s ruined the “F is For Family” theme tune for me as well.

11 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

What's happened to the SafeStyle Window man? He hasn't showed up for a while.

You know the one...

Star Safestyle Windows adverts is convicted of fraud | Daily Mail Online

Let’s not pretend this guy isn’t a legend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just seen the latest Verisure ad.

Man turns up at a house and says "Hi I'm Jack from Verisure" and the man lets him in without asking for ID.

Not a very good example from a security company.

I don't care if he's wearing a company fleece check his credentials he could just install a few empty plastic boxes whilst he's planning a return trip to nick all your valuables.

On 04/10/2021 at 20:59, alex_ncfc said:

What's happened to the SafeStyle Window man? He hasn't showed up for a while.

You know the one...

Star Safestyle Windows adverts is convicted of fraud | Daily Mail Online

I said ya buy one, ya get one free...

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Just seen the latest Verisure ad.

Man turns up at a house and says "Hi I'm Jack from Verisure" and the man lets him in without asking for ID.

Not a very good example from a security company.

I don't care if he's wearing a company fleece check his credentials he could just install a few empty plastic boxes whilst he's planning a return trip to nick all your valuables.

That sounds even worse than the one with the husband phoning his wife about next door being burgled and it could have been them.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

That sounds even worse than the one with the husband phoning his wife about next door being burgled and it could have been them.

That's my personal bugbear at the moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

RING Doorbells. Can anyone see the obvious problem with them?

Absolutely annoying those things are. Whenever I’m round my parents and go outside to their driveway just to fetch something from my car, mum always goes outside to check because the stupid thing told them there’s movement outside. It’s like there’s no privacy at their house anymore, let alone sneaking out for a pint. It’s even all wired up to speakers in their lounge and is also Siri linked, so you hear “Motion detected at the front door!” all in stereo!.

Also, the quality of the image is dreadful, it’s almost impossible to hear what others are saying and the advert lies, making out it’s of really good quality. Annoying advert at that as well.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Like 1

The SumUp card reader ad with its  "oooooooooo...." that goes on forever 😡

Makes me want to kick the TV screen in.

5 minutes ago, scoop said:

The SumUp card reader ad with its  "oooooooooo...." that goes on forever 😡

Makes me want to kick the TV screen in.

I found the sheer stupidity of it quite amusing the first few times I watched it.

Ads that pop up on your PC at 2.55 on Saturday afternoon, just as you're about to settle down to watch the footie, telling you that "Marie is a 22 year old who lives 500m away and wants to meet up right now for fun and frolics".

Firstly, no she doesn't, and secondly, if technology is so advanced now, can't they tell I'll be busy for the next 2 hours?

• Haha 1

I have one from Kayak on my laptop at the moment. Flights from London to Norwich from £520 rising to £1200 with the return taking up to 16 hours?? 👀

Edited by Herman