Yellowhammer

Our international players

All our strikers pukki, idah, and Sargent have not scored a goal yet , other players have been substituted or been unused subs , only Gilmore seems to have impressed. Would like to have seen them make more of a impact 

Normann won 2-0 played well and got taken off with the game done for a rest. Pukki also won and had a couple of decent chances. Idah effectively got the assist for Ireland. Gilmour and Sargent both praised by their managers for their performances. It's not all bad

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AJ said:

Normann won 2-0 played well and got taken off with the game done for a rest. Pukki also won and had a couple of decent chances. Idah effectively got the assist for Ireland. Gilmour and Sargent both praised by their managers for their performances. It's not all bad

How on earth did Idah effectively get the assist? It was a cross into the box that went over him and was nodded in by Duffy. If that's the case I had hundreds of assists when I was playing

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Getting a goal is not the be all and end all. You can play well and not score, you do know that right?

How many caps has Idah had now? Still no goals and payed the full 90 minutes in many. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How many caps has Idah had now? Still no goals and payed the full 90 minutes in many. 

In his defence look at the creativity the Irish don't have. Poor idah seems to get a ball down the channels and he's running them on his own majority of the time. They seem to smash it down the line for him to chase or punt it in the box and he's outnumbered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

In his defence look at the creativity the Irish don't have. Poor idah seems to get a ball down the channels and he's running them on his own majority of the time. They seem to smash it down the line for him to chase or punt it in the box and he's outnumbered.

They are woeful that’s true, NI and Scotland are far superior at the moment. Maybe I’m being harsh but I thought Idah would have kicked on a little more over the last few seasons.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

I felt sorry for Idah. He deserves better.  

Rock and a hard place. He's a good player but he's shifted to 3rd choice with us and while his national team have trusted him enough to throw him in the spotlight at first choice.. His national team is awful

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They are woeful that’s true, NI and Scotland are far superior at the moment. Maybe I’m being harsh but I thought Idah would have kicked on a little more over the last few seasons.   

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Would be good to see idah to hit the ground running and fill him with confidence 

Kosovo 🇽🇰  vs Greece 🇬🇷  tonight at 745...if anyone's still awake after England Andorra 🇦🇩 

6 hours ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Several have another game tues/wed. Also Krul didn't score either.

Great keeper but needs to improve his goal ratio. Just look at Liverpool’s Alison 😉

21 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Kosovo 🇽🇰  vs Greece 🇬🇷  tonight at 745...if anyone's still awake after England Andorra 🇦🇩 

Southgate needs to be cautious and not underestimate Andorra. I’d play at least 2 defensive midfielders and try catching these out on the break. 

35 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Southgate needs to be cautious and not underestimate Andorra. I’d play at least 2 defensive midfielders and try catching these out on the break. 

As if Southgate wouldn't play two defensive midfielders

Playing two defensive midfielders is a fetish of his I'm sure

Rice and Henderson combo coming up you watch

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

As if Southgate wouldn't play two defensive midfielders

Playing two defensive midfielders is a fetish of his I'm sure

Rice and Henderson combo coming up you watch

Great news, rest Kane and play a 3rd? 

Id go 4 2 4 

Pickford

Walker maguire stones Shaw

Grealish rice

Sterling kane Bamford sancho 

🤣

Great news, rest Kane and play a 3rd? 

Pretty sure media 'sources/leaks from the Englad camp' have said Bamford is going to start today

Take that with a pich of salt of course

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think he's improved a lot in the last year or so. The issue with Ireland is he gets very little service. In the Portuguese game Connolly got in behind and could have squared it to Idah for a tap in but Connolly took a heavy touch as usual and shot at the keeper. Idah has been our best player in the window so far. And I'm not wearing green tinted glasses- almost everyone else was dire against Azerbaijan.

Edited by Irishman123
  • Like 1

On 05/09/2021 at 05:49, cambridgeshire canary said:

Getting a goal is not the be all and end all. You can play well and not score, you do know that right?

The goalie saved three penalties but played poorly because he failed to score.  🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Kenny pulled out of Scotland squad to face Austria. 

Hopefully as he's playing this coming Saturday so needs a rest. Played a full 90 for Scotland then 40 minutes the next match so

Tzolis on for Greece on 70 mins , great assist on 74 mins . I think we’ve got one . 
Going to Arsenal Saturday, really hope to see him play ! 

Edited by Pockthorpe

23 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Tzolis on for Greece on 70 mins , great assist on 74 mins . I think we’ve got one . 
Going to Arsenal Saturday, really hope to see him play ! 

Agreed, full of confidence and fearless. Unleash him at the Emirates. 

• Like 1

No Giannouilis tonight for Greece, injured or out of favour? Hoping he's back in the starting 11 at Arsenal. 

I'd say that Sweden team is roughly equivalent to like a low end Premier league team. If Tzolis can do it against Sweden, why not against an incredibly shoddy Arsenal?