Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Gilmour

Sounded like he was further up the field in a match report I read?  Was that the case?  Didn't watch as eyes on the boxing tonight.

All you can hope is that our players come back without injuries and had good experience really.

Edited by Google Bot

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Sounded like he was further up the field in a match report I read?  Was that the case?  Didn't watch as eyes on the boxing tonight.

All you can hope is that our players come back without injuries and had good experience really.

He played at central midfield as that's his position he had played his entire career at. Well, until Farke came along and decided he's the second coming of Kante and stuck him at defensive midfield

25 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

It was not a good Scotland performance.

It wasn’t. Gilmour was very good though, his control of the massive looped-pass in the first half was superb.

I watched most of the first half, but gave up the 2nd as it was such a poor game.

Gilmour was the standout player on the pitch, against it has to be said ordinary opposition. He wants the ball all of the time and from comments on this forum so does Normann. It will be interesting how they gel.

Both pass and move very quickly and if Normann can find Gilmour slightly further up the pitch and Billy can provide service to our attacking players it could work really well.

Gilmour without a doubt plays better further away from his own goal. 

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Kept a clean sheet, passed it aorund well and did not really do anything wrong..

I didn't realise He played in goal.

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He played at central midfield as that's his position he had played his entire career at. Well, until Farke came along and decided he's the second coming of Kante and stuck him at defensive midfield

BD3F4A7E-0C86-4A1F-848D-6965F78DBEB7.jpeg

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, Chelsea view him as a DM the same way Farke does, just not in the traditional sense you're thinking of with your Kante reference. Even for Scotland he is normally the deeper midfielder of 2.

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Kept a clean sheet, passed it aorund well and did not really do anything wrong..

But I mean it was Moldova so not going to put any kind of real thought about it or judge him on it

Can only play whats infront of you my friend

to be fair to the lad, at 20 and playing such an important role. There will be great games and their will be games, where he plays well but makes one or two mistakes and people will say he had a 'shocker'. But that's par for the course of developing young players. If he played well every game he wouldn't be here.

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think you wrote Pirlo wrong. 😉