Live on Sky Sports, kickoff at 2PM. Finlands first world cup qualifying match. Will Finland end thier current winles run? Will Pukki score a hatrick? Or will Kazakhstan the home of Tinshein swimming pool and the number one exporter of Potassium be able to beat the Fins?

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Can’t wait for this one, should be a cracker. 

yeah id made plans for the day , but i gonna cancel them now.

Just now, Canary dwarf said:

yeah id made plans for the day , but i gonna cancel them now.

Sky Box Office I take it? Just getting the face paints ready and beers in. 

My other half is Finnish (one of God's frozen people,) but I don't see enough of her these days to know what she thinks of Pukki.

The BiL supports City, but that was due to my connections and long before Pukki donned the yellow. I converted him in his sauna one day (??)

I shall, as always, 'support' Finland, .... great people once you break the ice. I might well view in ... thanks CC.

They are gradually making a mark in world football, but the game will never replace ice-hockey as the favoured sport there. Or skinny dipping come to that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

My other half is Finnish (one of God's frozen people,) but I don't see enough of her these days to know what she thinks of Pukki.

The BiL supports City, but that was due to my connections and long before Pukki donned the yellow. I converted him in his sauna one day (??)

I shall, as always, 'support' Finland, .... great people once you break the ice. I might well view in ... thanks CC.

They are gradually making a mark in world football, but the game will never replace ice-hockey as the favoured sport there. Or skinny dipping come to that.

I mean Pukki is only three goals for Finland away from becoming Finlands all time top goalscorer, and I really really hope he manages this. Don't see why he won't of course, given no matter how old he get's I have a feeling Finland are going to rely on him given he has in recent years become somewhat of a Finish national team icon and all.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Pre match aperitif and off to a sports bar. 

image.jpeg.5d1fe36b5be67d5dbd794089ba283c98.jpeg

I think you will find most Fins will be drinking this...

images.jpeg

In case anyone was wondering what Kazakhstan's actual national anthem sounds like, it's also pretty epic.

A strong and very popular lager in Finland is actually called:

Olvi Tuplapukki

@ 8.5% it blows your head and explains why the streets of Helsinki stream with p-iss on an average Saturday night. Pukki, we've established before, means goat and Olvi is a person like John Smith('s) ... only harder to pronounce.

Olvi Tuplapukki

Edited by BroadstairsR

Lapinkulta, Koskenkorva Vodka & Lonkero were the drinks choices when I used to go there.

Makkara was the staple food, only the Finns would call a sausage product the 'Finnish vegetable'.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

In case anyone was wondering what Kazakhstan's actual national anthem sounds like, it's also pretty epic.

Really  wasn’t wondering but clicked  anyway

Blimey. A case of the pomp outdoing the inspiration if ever you saw it

The anthem’s bigger than the country

Edited by GenerationA47

26 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

This Russian republic wins that award.

What is up with Pukki today? Been in all the right places, done all the hard work.. Yet so far nothing to show

Had two chances to score which any other day he would have easily blasted into the back of the net yet both times he's ended up just missing the net and firing wide when it was open and there for him to score!

And to think if he had put them both in he would now be Finlands top goal scorer..

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How dare you beat my too it, and on my own thread too 😉

do you think pukki s past his best , I beginning to think he is .

24 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

The thing is, if he is, how many games does Farke stick with him, and we potentially lose goals/points, until Sargent is given a chance.

Time will tell

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What is up with Pukki today? Been in all the right places, done all the hard work.. Yet so far nothing to show

Had two chances to score which any other day he would have easily blasted into the back of the net yet both times he's ended up just missing the net and firing wide when it was open and there for him to score!

And to think if he had put them both in he would now be Finlands top goal scorer..

I watched the match live. Just came home. Pukki was excellent imo. Every time he got the ball a buzz went through the crowd. Energetic pressing from him, whenever he had to do some hold up play he did so excellently. Some good one touch passing from him as well. His pressing gave him one great chance. He really had two good chances, both flashed just wide of the post. He also set up Onni Valakari excellently at one point. I'd say Pukki is starting to hit his stride again. However looking great against Kazakhstan is one thing, looking great in the premier league another.

Otherwise there was an excellent atmosphere. Really fun to see the newily renovated Olympic stadium as well. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

I watched the match live. Just came home. Pukki was excellent imo. Every time he got the ball a buzz went through the crowd. Energetic pressing from him, whenever he had to do some hold up play he did so excellently. Some good one touch passing from him as well. His pressing gave him one great chance. He really had two good chances, both flashed just wide of the post. He also set up Onni Valakari excellently at one point. I'd say Pukki is starting to hit his stride again. However looking great against Kazakhstan is one thing, looking great in the premier league another.

Otherwise there was an excellent atmosphere. Really fun to see the newily renovated Olympic stadium as well. 

His passing and awareness was fantastic as always, just his shooting boots were missing. Other than scoring he did everything right

2 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

That is the Only Thing that is a Concern this Season , How Many Games has it Been in the PL since Pukki has scored in Open play ? 12/14 ? games ? i know he scored a Pen Last week but we need him scoring in open play in the PL to stand a chance of staying up 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

That is the Only Thing that is a Concern this Season , How Many Games has it Been in the PL since Pukki has scored in Open play ? 12/14 ? games ? i know he scored a Pen Last week but we need him scoring in open play in the PL to stand a chance of staying up 

Yeah I agree , sargeant and idah are unproven , shame because the rest of the side is sorted.

6 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

It’s a pretty big country, in fairness!