Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Club Launch New Official Website.

59 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Some of us techno-idiots actually like very basic and clear choices!

I'm pretty much a techno-idiot too, but still like to see some artistry in websites, not just pictures and big print.

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m trying to remember some of the posters on there. Wasn’t Joe Ferrari one before he was employed by the club? Lisa Q seemed to upset a lot of people as I recall, I suspect in part because she was female. She was on here for a while but then disappeared.

Names I remember. 

Fanforlife

Naffy Caffy

Suffolk Canary 

Canarydream

IMT

RefJez

Lozza

PaulyH

Thorny

Lisa Q

'face' 

Yoda

Lincoln Canary 

NWC (the same one from here?) 

Southbank (wolves fan) 

Fatty

Anglo Saxon (a decent German Ipswich fan) 

Irish 

There's a few others who's real names I know but can't remember their usernames.

Also remember Premier 2003, a rather deluded Ipswich fan who then after they failed to get promoted in 02/03 changed it to Premier 2004.....Premier 2005, well you get the drift 😂

EDIT : How could I forget poor old Ben Parkin, rip 😔

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Yeah I remember him being on there.  Only names i can think of are Morty and First Wizard - but they're most likely earlier pinkun members knowing my memory lol.  Can't even think back to what era the official board was - 2005 perhaps!?  Older?

Infact, Trying to get my head back to how archaic that old forum was, there's something about wrath of the barclay today, that reminds me of it.   I Don't miss those old forum designs where you get a problem and realise you've posted the same thing 3 times and can't edit any of them lol.

Morty and First Wizard were very much Pink Un regulars (unless they were on the club site with the same names? I do have a vague memory of Wiz on there now).

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

I met up with Lisa, she was really nice in person. There was a big group of us from there that ended up meeting before every home match and doing some away trips. Happy days 👍

I’m sure she was, I think she was spot on with her posts as I remember it, they just riled the anti-Delia lot big time so she ended up in a lot of spats.

The only problem is there is still nowhere to change your email address on any of the sites. My old email is defunct and I suppose I will need to wait in the phone queue when this could easily be accomplished on line if only they had the facility to do so.

Most annoying.

18 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The only problem is there is still nowhere to change your email address on any of the sites. My old email is defunct and I suppose I will need to wait in the phone queue when this could easily be accomplished on line if only they had the facility to do so.

Most annoying.

Ricardo I think you can on the Settings page. Click on your name and settings is the top of the page.

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ricardo I think you can on the Settings page. Click on your name and settings is the top of the page.

I've tried it and everything is an option to change except your email address.

Apologies, thanks Ive found it😳

I didn't click on settings🙄

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I've tried it and everything is an option to change except your email address.

Is it not this bit

image.png.0c9eaa7f665a390f83dc7cd03ef02da3.png

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

It's just dumbing down, as a lot of things are these days.  

There's nothing wrong with a more complex looking web site as long as the pathways and links are clear.  The mistake some companies make is to make it complicated and in the process make it too user unfriendly - as when they use too many pop ups which drive you crazy.  Getting the balance is difficult, but I find this new website just a bit too basic to look at.

I work in User Experience Design which is basically design to make stuff easier to use.

Its not so much dumbing down, it’s ‘opening it up’ making it more accessible to all.

I have a feeling a lot of clubs webpages will look like this soon enough, chances are it’s a template layout that a company will sell and Norwich just send code for pictures etc. I can’t see it being bespoke to City. 

58 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

My saved card has disappeared, and I’ve tried to register new card details but they won’t save either.  The website seems to be not quite fully functional yet.

Maybe they used it to buy a player, and your bank have now cancelled it! 

cheers for the CDM! at long last! 😉 

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

My saved card has disappeared, and I’ve tried to register new card details but they won’t save either.  The website seems to be not quite fully functional yet.

Just saved mine. Should be ok now.

I didn't want any last minute panic when the Liverpool tickets go on sale!

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

I work in User Experience Design which is basically design to make stuff easier to use.

Its not so much dumbing down, it’s ‘opening it up’ making it more accessible to all.

That's fair enough, I'm all for easy access and user friendliness.  What irks me is the lack of creativity in it.  I've just done a quick scan of other PL clubs' websites and surprised to see them all looking fairly bland and pretty much the same.  Seems a shame to me, time was when front pages of football club websites were much more individual.

3 hours ago, MrFruit said:

Ref new www. Can someone point me in right direction for purchase history? Thank you

Once you have logged in Richard click on Tickets at the top and then click under your name in the top right hand corner and a drop down bar appears and there is your Purchase history.

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Once you have logged in Richard click on Tickets at the top and then click under your name in the top right hand corner and a drop down bar appears and there is your Purchase history.

That's great thanks. I can see it now.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2021 at 18:20, Ken Hairy said:

Names I remember. 

Fanforlife

Naffy Caffy

Suffolk Canary 

Canarydream

IMT

RefJez

Lozza

PaulyH

Thorny

Lisa Q

'face' 

Yoda

Lincoln Canary 

Southbank (wolves fan) 

Fatty

Irish 

There's a few others who's real names I know but can't remember their usernames.

Also remember Premier 2003, a rather deluded Ipswich fan who then after they failed to get promoted in 02/03 changed it to Premier 2004.....Premier 2005, well you get the drift 😂

I was there as too as smiley In my younger days. I remember putting a html code to make my signature more appealing and pretty much breaking the site for a day or 2. We also had word assosiation games from memory? 

On 01/09/2021 at 18:20, Ken Hairy said:

Names I remember. 

Fanforlife

Naffy Caffy

Suffolk Canary 

Canarydream

IMT

RefJez

Lozza

PaulyH

Thorny

Lisa Q

'face' 

Yoda

Lincoln Canary 

Southbank (wolves fan) 

Fatty

Irish 

Yes KH the very same!!

Yes I remember a few of those as well - also another few that I can't remember the internet names (Lisa Q's hubby and a nice guy from Midlands way)

I also remember getting into internet bickering with some guy called "Mind the Van" or similar - he didn't like me for some reason!! 🙂

Good times!!

Edited by NWC

11 minutes ago, NWC said:

Yes KH the very same!!

Yes I remember a few of those as well - also another few that I can't remember the internet names (Lisa Q's hubby and a nice guy from Midlands way)

I also remember getting into internet bickering with some guy called "Mind the Van" or similar - he didn't like me for some reason!! 🙂

Good times!!

Ah Mind The Van, he's one of the ones who's real name I know but forgot his username. He's just as argumentative in real life too 😂

Lisa's hubby is a top bloke, haven't seen him for years but am friends on FB although he's not massive active on there anymore. 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2021 at 18:11, Making Plans said:

Is there an Unofficial Club Website then?

Isn't this it?! haha

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Bit confused, once I’ve changed my password do I have to do anything else ?

Stand up, turn and salute to your portrait of Gary Megson/Lee Power, sing On The Ball City and log on.

• Haha 1

On 03/09/2021 at 16:35, NWC said:

Yes KH the very same!!

Good times!!

Yes, there was a chap in or from the Midlands who seemed pleasant and if it's the same person crusaded for people to keep patronising local independent shops. An admirable idea but probably a bit of a losing cause. I seem also to remember there was a poster called Hamster?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, there was a chap in or from the Midlands who seemed pleasant and if it's the same person crusaded for people to keep patronising local independent shops. An admirable idea but probably a bit of a losing cause. I seem also to remember there was a poster called Hamster?

Hamster and Mind the Van were the same bloke, I think Hamster was his newer log on. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just had another e mail asking me to reset my password, now done it twice in three days

Yes so have I.

Bit strange because I logged off and logged back in again over the weekend and it looked as though everything was working correctly with my oneCity account.

Same here - I got on the live chat, and they said all was ok,  and assumed the email was issued in error but seems a bit strange a few people appear to have got them! 

They asked me what website I was on, and I said I thought the idea of the One City was there was only one website. Evidently its the case . There is one ID, but various sites! 

Just seems to have caused more confusion.