Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Club Launch New Official Website.

Where's my email?  Also would have hoped the shop and the main site were as one, but still not.  Bizarre that you jump ship only to have to navigate back again, but at least one account should mean less pfaff involved (once I get my email to set it up).

Is that enough moaning feedback for you?

Don't you just love it when they "simplify" it and it looks as if a three year old designed it.  Preferred the old version....no, actually preferred the classic look of a few years ago.  Simpler isn't always better.

32 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Anyone remember when the official site had it's own forum?

I’m trying to remember some of the posters on there. Wasn’t Joe Ferrari one before he was employed by the club? Lisa Q seemed to upset a lot of people as I recall, I suspect in part because she was female. She was on here for a while but then disappeared.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't you just love it when they "simplify" it and it looks as if a three year old designed it.  Preferred the old version....no, actually preferred the classic look of a few years ago.  Simpler isn't always better.

Especially applies to certain posters on here...😇

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sadly 'simplifying' aka ruining logos and such is something that's become a thing..

mPcrXWMnormrhRJyffBgYD.jpg

IEALL.jpeg

I heard from a very good source that Farke didn't like the old one and he forced the change. 😀

I've checked out Incrowd and their social media and I can report that after a scandal involving crypto currency and a Russian lap dancing money laundering syndicate we'll be changing hosting companies in a couple of days. 😀

Can anyone explain why the fans were not consulted, what's the point of having a consultative group if the club are going to act unilaterally? 😀

23 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m trying to remember some of the posters on there. Wasn’t Joe Ferrari one before he was employed by the club?

Yeah I remember him being on there.  Only names i can think of are Morty and First Wizard - but they're most likely earlier pinkun members knowing my memory lol.  Can't even think back to what era the official board was - 2005 perhaps!?  Older?

Infact, Trying to get my head back to how archaic that old forum was, there's something about wrath of the barclay today, that reminds me of it.   I Don't miss those old forum designs where you get a problem and realise you've posted the same thing 3 times and can't edit any of them lol.

Edited by Google Bot

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I heard from a very good source that Farke didn't like the old one and he forced the change. 😀

I've checked out Incrowd and their social media and I can report that after a scandal involving crypto currency and a Russian lap dancing money laundering syndicate we'll be changing hosting companies in a couple of days. 😀

Can anyone explain why the fans were not consulted, what's the point of having a consultative group if the club are going to act unilaterally? 😀

looking at the site it's more Inept than Incrowd...the club should have got some work-experience in to do it on SquareSpace 😂

15 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Remember to change your password as per the email from the club!!

Hmmmm. Server down already!😂

image.thumb.png.10b5e36488050869b6d563b06a1d18d3.png

Edited by Foxy2600

11 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

looking at the site it's more Inept than Incrowd...the club should have got some work-experience in to do it on SquareSpace 😂

It's just dumbing down, as a lot of things are these days.  

There's nothing wrong with a more complex looking web site as long as the pathways and links are clear.  The mistake some companies make is to make it complicated and in the process make it too user unfriendly - as when they use too many pop ups which drive you crazy.  Getting the balance is difficult, but I find this new website just a bit too basic to look at.

Edited by lake district canary

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's just dumbing down, as a lot of things are these days.  

There's nothing wrong with a more complex looking web site as long as the pathways and links are clear.  The mistake some companies make is to make it complicated and in the process make it too user unfriendly - as when they use too many pop ups which drive you crazy.  Getting the balance is difficult, but I find this new website just a bit too basic to look at.

Some of us techno-idiots actually like very basic and clear choices!

39 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m trying to remember some of the posters on there. Wasn’t Joe Ferrari one before he was employed by the club? Lisa Q seemed to upset a lot of people as I recall, I suspect in part because she was female. She was on here for a while but then disappeared.

I met up with Lisa, she was really nice in person. There was a big group of us from there that ended up meeting before every home match and doing some away trips. Happy days 👍

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Yeah, it had more censorship than Stalin😏

Actually for a club's official message-board the moderation (by Joe Ferrari) was pretty light. But there was an anti-Delia clique who seemed not to realise they had to be just a bit more circumspect with the anti-D allegations and insults and criticisms of the club than on an unofficial site like this.

When Bowkett and McNally took over it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that they would want to shut it down. Ferrari in effect warned this clique, but not having even half a brain they took no notice, and Bowkett and McNally had their excuse to wield the axe. That is a potted version, but basically accurate.

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

When Bowkett and McNally took over it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that they would want to shut it down. Ferrari in effect warned this clique, but not having even half a brain they took no notice, and Bowkett and McNally had their excuse to wield the axe. That is a potted version, but basically accurate.

Was the club website forum still going on in the McNally era?

I think of it as more something 2003-ish, I know I was using it before I evidently ended up using the Pink Un forum instead. Back then even this forum was a lot different and a very basic nested-posting style:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030210054825/http://www.pinkun.com/Content/ncfc/fanzone/index.asp

And here's the club website in September 2010:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100918083817/http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Home

• Like 1

My saved card has disappeared, and I’ve tried to register new card details but they won’t save either.  The website seems to be not quite fully functional yet.

20 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Actually for a club's official message-board the moderation (by Joe Ferrari) was pretty light. But there was an anti-Delia clique who seemed not to realise they had to be just a bit more circumspect with the anti-D allegations and insults and criticisms of the club than on an unofficial site like this.

I had a drink with Joe in the Nelson after the league 1 promotion (I think), he told me the site became more bother than it was worth, and as it didn't generate income they were planning on shutting it down which they did a few months later. (suspect this will happen here eventually). 

It also coincided with the website being revamped and like many other clubs taken over by the 'world' format. 

The offy site dieing led the the birth of a couple of decent, if not short lived sites. ncfc-fans.co.uk and The Nest.