Ward 3

Tzolis Has Travelled For Greece

As title says, Tzolis has travelled for the internationals.. just hope Greece don't rush him into playing and make his 'injury' worse. Seems strange that 4 days ago Farke said he'll be out for 2 to 3 weeks.

Think it was a clever way for Farke to say I'll stick with same team from last weekend, just pointlessly change our left back

He probably has a minor injury. When you're currently a sub/back up option for a club then a minor injury is weeks, if you're the manager of an International team and the player in question is your best then it's playing with a minor knock. I'm not thrilled that he's going away when he's injured, but I understand why Greece have called him up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Think it was a clever way for Farke to say I'll stick with same team from last weekend, just pointlessly change our left back

Which is what many people, myself included, said we thought was going on at the time. He played fine all match against Bournmouth and did not look injured at any point and was never down for any time or anything like that. Of course he could have pulled up injured in the changing room after the match or something but it is strange

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Or that. as much as we love Farke he's not brutally honest like someone like Alex Neil for example. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, I'd imagine dropping Cantwell so soon would cause some serious issues behind closed doors. 

I love farke but personally think he's going to struggle keeping our forward players happy. Doesn't like too much change and isn't the most honest of managers

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Injured' 'out for weeks'

Joins up with the national team. Ok, sure he was injured. Sure he was.

why is everything a conspiracy you might as well rename yourself Mulder

he had a knock weirdly they do get better sometimes ahead of time

Edited by Paul101
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

why is everything a conspiracy you might as well rename yourself Mulder

he had a knock weirdly they do get better sometimes ahead of time

I dont see it as a conspiracy. Just odd our manager said 2 to 3 weeks, and will miss international break and now he's teamed up with Greece 

19 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I love farke but personally think he's going to struggle keeping our forward players happy. Doesn't like too much change and isn't the most honest of managers

Doesn't like change but has changed our formation and roles - Cantwell names this in his post match interview.

He is one of the most honest managers going - the one thing you know he will not do is go into something he doesn't feel is health. If you don't think he's honest, listen to his post match interview after the Man City game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chicken said:

Doesn't like change but has changed our formation and roles - Cantwell names this in his post match interview.

He is one of the most honest managers going - the one thing you know he will not do is go into something he doesn't feel is health. If you don't think he's honest, listen to his post match interview after the Man City game.

I will go back and listen to this interview mate. Yeah he's changed it as the players signed he doesn't know the best way to keep them all happy, that is my opinion of course. 

Perhaps the Greeks just didn't want to take our word for it and want their docs to look at him before deciding if the injury is enough to not have him play. Got to admit I know very little about the Greek team so don't know if they have anyone semi-decent to play instead.

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Or that. as much as we love Farke he's not brutally honest like someone like Alex Neil for example. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, I'd imagine dropping Cantwell so soon would cause some serious issues behind closed doors. 

Cantwell won't be dropped for Tzolis. He will start getting minutes off the bench though.

Farke Knows how to Use and Bring Through Young Talent ,

with Tzolis it looks like we have a Very good Young player i just hope he is Unleashed and Used 

After The Bournemouth Game we wanted to see more of the Wonderkid ,

i hope we see plenty of him he looks more than Ready to play 

Perhaps it has recovered quicker than thought. But more then likely Greece might still want him to train with the team even if he doesn't feature in the matches to be part of and in and around the squad/team building and all that jazz

Looked very dangerous vrs Bournemouth hope he isn’t be kept back 

It did occur to me that his slight injury was quite convenient in terms of dampening down the fervour for him to be out straight into the team. Not a player I want to see us have to wait 2 months to see play in the premier. If he’s fit he needs to start being used. 

• Like 1

It doesn't take much imagination to play Tzolis, Cantwell and Rashica as an attacking 3 behind Pukki in a 4-2-3-1. Then you just drop one of the 3 deeper midfielders who, let's face it, haven't been fantastic so far.

The absolute state of this thread. If he was fit why on earth was he not on the bench on Saturday, what was to be gained from fibbing about his availability? Dear me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IF Farke has bent the truth a little, and it’s a big ‘if’, let’s just respect that he’ll only be doing it in our best interests, huh? We support Norwich, not the Greek national side.

We need to remember he’s going to be a big player for Greece, and is already regarded as so, and if he’s indicated to them that he feels ok then it’s no surprise the national team boss etc want to make their own assessment on him. From our point of view, if there is a slight niggle there as Farke said, then I’d trust our reasons for not rushing him and risking turning a small issue into a bigger issue. Farke basically said he’s young and keen, and probably is naive to the reasons why we’re perhaps wrapping him in cotton wool. They’re professionals, and have obviously seen the warning signs regarding what are seemingly innocuous injuries all before.

I have no problem with Farke not rushing Tzolis, whatever the reasons are. He knows what he’s doing, and he handled Buendia in exactly the same way in his nascent stages with us too. Didn’t turn out too bad, did it?

• Like 3

If they say they want him to travel then he has to go, I would imagine a young player is unlikely to jeopardise future call ups by refusing to go by saying that they do not wish to be part of the squad.

What are the rules regarding players called up for international duty?

When a player is called up for international duty, he is required to report for training on the date specified by the national governing body – in the case of the England national team, the Football Association (FA).

If a player does not wish to be part of the squad, he can make this clear to the governing body. Usually, however, a player will only not be involved in an international squad if he is deemed to be injured, in which case the player’s club will inform the FA.

FA medical staff can demand that the player reports for training so they can assess the player themselves, although this will generally only happen if the international team is involved in an international tournament or an important qualifier. 

• Thanks 1

Of course the Greeks would want to check him out, he's a star player, apparently.

They already have their work cut out in their group, with Spain seeming certain to qualify and Sweden looking strong.

The youngster has had a lot on his plate in the last couple of weeks, including a lot of travel. He seems a tough nut though.

He'll be back in Greece for 8th. September for a few home comforts and familiar faces. He has a lot to relate.

His City season starts after this break. I, personally, feel that Farke will ease him in, although I don't think that it will be by means of dubious injuries.

Edited by BroadstairsR

18 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

If they say they want him to travel then he has to go, I would imagine a young player is unlikely to jeopardise future call ups by refusing to go by saying that they do not wish to be part of the squad.

What are the rules regarding players called up for international duty?

When a player is called up for international duty, he is required to report for training on the date specified by the national governing body – in the case of the England national team, the Football Association (FA).

If a player does not wish to be part of the squad, he can make this clear to the governing body. Usually, however, a player will only not be involved in an international squad if he is deemed to be injured, in which case the player’s club will inform the FA.

FA medical staff can demand that the player reports for training so they can assess the player themselves, although this will generally only happen if the international team is involved in an international tournament or an important qualifier. 

Didn't actually know that. Thanks 👌

The fruit loops are out in force. 

He was on the bench for Liverpool and Man City, so that rules out a weird idea of cooling the hype? Why would you not have him at least on the bench off the back of a good performance (and start) in the cup that week. Farke said he was a doubt. People saying it’s weird he finished the game… does every injury we see happen on the pitch? No, he’s young and enthusiastic, he might have felt fatigue but pushed on through because he was having a cracking debut. The next day it will have tightened up and he would have realised there was a strain.

Now actually read what’s been said, 2-3 weeks. So 2 weeks suggests we are already half way through that. Now read what’s been said about the Greece fixtures, he would be available for their later two POTENTIALLY. I mean come on guys those are this weekend/next week. Isn’t it obvious they’ve told him to come out in the hope he might be able to make the World Cup qualifiers, even if it’s the last one.

It’s really really bizarre the angle some one here immediately jump to ‘oh Farke is bad with players’ ‘Farke doesn’t tell the truth’. He’s literally been as honest as you can be about this.

Edited by birchfest
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

'Isn't the most honest of managers'

Lol thats literally something you have just made up.

Why make up negative bile about a man who has worked wonders at our club?

Man management is his strongest suit by a long shot. 

16 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

'Isn't the most honest of managers'

Lol thats literally something you have just made up.

Why make up negative bile about a man who has worked wonders at our club?

Man management is his strongest suit by a long shot. 

I'm not saying he's not a good man manager am I? Just said I think he'll struggle to keep our forward players happy. Not everybody is happy at the same time... I just think interviews and press conferences sometimes it all seems a bit scripted and told to be careful what he says.

Maybe introducing a player gradually is the best way to get the most out of them. The lad is only 19 and never played in the English leagues before.

I look back at RVW and honestly believe the pressure of expectation was a big factor in him failing with us. We had just lost one of our greatest ever strikers in Grant Holt and all the expectation was on Ricky to fill his boots. I remember Chris Hughton constantly playing him because he wanted him to come good some badly as he cost us soo much money. This just depleted his confidence further.

Tzolis will be compared with Emi by lots of fans and maybe coming on as a sub and scoring a last minute winner against Arsenal is the best way to welcome him into the starting eleven. Also Tzolis was named as a sub against Man City and left out of the matchday squad against Leicester so I do think he was/is injured. 

In regards to Farke bringing in Brandon Williams for the Leicester game, I believe it was the correct decision, Williams has more Premier league games under his belt than most of our XI, without looking into up, possibly Hanley, Gibson and Krul have more. 

I was very impressed with BW against Bournemouth. Regards of it being a poor Bournemouth side, his first touch and link up play with his teammates was very impressive, especially considering he had only just arrived.  

All football fans are very fickly and we're no exception to the rule. Let just give the couches a little longer to work with the new boys and judge them 12 games into the season and not 3. 

I also believe that us not spending the last time we were in the prem was all part of the plan. That money has sat to one side for a season and I think it's been used to help with salaries and fees this time round to get better players than most newly promoted teams can afford. 

Worse case scenario is we get relegated and sell all these players for much more money than we paid for them.