22 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

There seems to be this cast iron expectation that Gilmour will be a hit. He's played 11 PL games at 20 years old. He had a great game against England at the Euros but then so did Hanley.

If he was going to be **** hot, I fear he'd have played a lot more by now. Not a great comparison as he's one of the hottest prospects in World football, but Greenwood is a year younger and has made nearly 70 PL appearances.

I fear a lot of stock is being put into his performance v England when in reality that will prove to be like the game Savage kept Pirlo quiet.

Can’t remember if I have posted this before, but during the first half of the game against England both Lee Dixon and Ally McCoist commented that Gilmour seemed to be struggling with the pace of the game. I was very surprised to hear Souness creaming himself over the performance at the end of the game.

I know he’s had 3 tough opponents but I’ve hardly noticed him in those 3 games. I hope he gets a chance to show what he can do against the lesser teams.

• Like 2

We have lots of options now but not sure they'll all be ready in time for Arsenal. Biggest issue is we need a proper playmaker so Gilmour still needs to be in. My team is:

Krul

Arrons, Hanley, Kazak, Giannoulis

Mclean, Gilmour, Normann

Rashica, Pukki, Cantwell  

As much as I would love to see Kabak, Normann and Tzolis in the team, Farke will probably be reluctant to throw them into the deep end.

I can see him going with the same team, to be honest. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Can’t remember if I have posted this before, but during the first half of the game against England both Lee Dixon and Ally McCoist commented that Gilmour seemed to be struggling with the pace of the game. I was very surprised to hear Souness creaming himself over the performance at the end of the game.

I know he’s had 3 tough opponents but I’ve hardly noticed him in those 3 games. I hope he gets a chance to show what he can do against the lesser teams.

You would expect Gilmour to continue improving over the next 10 years. I would suggest that similar players (Pirlo, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Modric) weren't as good as what people think at 20 either and they remember what they were like for the last 10 years of their careers i.e 25-35+. Playmaker so much is down to experience and learning what works and what doesn't. Where as strikers, it's alot easier at 16-20 if your quick and can shoot you always have a good opportunity to make a dramatic impact (i.e Owen). 

1 hour ago, Yellow and Green said:

As much as I would love to see Kabak, Normann and Tzolis in the team, Farke will probably be reluctant to throw them into the deep end.

I can see him going with the same team, to be honest. 

I agree with this as whilst .Farke is willing to throw young players in, these have tended to be those at the club who had been given time with the first team to settle in and understand  the style he wants. New players into the club are given a few weeks to settle.

Add in the fact that with the internationals they’ve not even had time to train and really get to know their team mates I expect we will see a similar starting 11 for Arsenal as in previous games (Normann perhaps the key exception). Hopefully over next couple games we will then see more new starters.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I agree with this as whilst .Farke is willing to throw young players in, these have tended to be those at the club who had been given time with the first team to settle in and understand  the style he wants. New players into the club are given a few weeks to settle.

Add in the fact that with the internationals they’ve not even had time to train and really get to know their team mates I expect we will see a similar starting 11 for Arsenal as in previous games (Normann perhaps the key exception). Hopefully over next couple games we will then see more new starters.

Yep I think Normann would be the most likely, considering the glaring need for for a cdm.

Hopefully Tzolis will be fit enough to make the bench and Hanley and Gibson will raise their game in a bid to keep Kabak out of the team.

Aarons - Hanley - Kabak - Gibson - Giannioulis

Normann - McLean

Rashica - Cantwell

Pukki

I really want to see Kenny play.

1 hour ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I think we may be playing Arsenal at just the right time. 

That's the kiss of death right there 🤭

What will we see:

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Williams

McLean Gilmour PLM

Rashica Pukki Cantwell

What would I like to see,

Krul

Aarons Hanley Kabak William

Normann Mclean

Rashica Gilmour Tzolis

Pukki

23 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

What will we see:

Krul

McLean Gilmour PLM

Rashica Pukki Cantwell

Krul

Normann Mclean

Rashica Gilmour Tzolis

Pukki

Id rather see Giannoulis, he offers more going forward and I think we need to get at Arsenal. 

Krul

Arrons, Hanley, Gibson, Giannoulis

Normann, McLean

Rashica,      Dowell,    Cantwell

Sarge 

On 02/09/2021 at 09:23, Norfolk Dan said:

I think we may be playing Arsenal at just the right time. 

I think it could be completely the wrong time. We shall see. Certainly need to get the first goal/avoid conceding early 

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Gianoulis 

Normann Gilmour Mclean

Cantwell Pukki Rashica 

but I’d love to see Tzolis start. Hopefully he will at least be on the bench 

On 02/09/2021 at 02:56, Six Pack said:

We have lots of options now but not sure they'll all be ready in time for Arsenal. Biggest issue is we need a proper playmaker so Gilmour still needs to be in. My team is:

Krul

Arrons, Hanley, Kazak, Giannoulis

Mclean, Gilmour, Normann

Rashica, Pukki, Cantwell  

Dowell ahead of Gilmour for me.   

On 01/09/2021 at 13:50, Mr Angry said:

To be fair to Dixon and sourness, he did struggle with the pace of the game for the first 20 minutes, I thought he would be shagged out by half time, but he really grew into it and was a full on dynamo 2nd half... I suspect the issue is as much still getting used to the farkes tactical intricacies as the pace of the game

Krul (Gunn pushing for this shirt)

Hanley  Kabak  Gibson 

Aarons                                        Williams

Gilmour   Normann 

Rashica           Pukki          Cantwell

Subs coming on: Tzolis, Lees-Melou (could start for Normann), Sargent

• Like 1

I don't understand why Keiran Dowell has been so readily brushed aside.

I feel that we have a gem there, who cannot reasonably be confined to the "Championship standard only" bin.

He's shown that he has an eye for goal, and a skilful eye at that.

Both him and Sorensen need a fair crack, they might well surprise ... even in the rarefied atmosphere of Premier League football.

I am not insisting he starts, but a mention would be pleasing. 

• Like 3

Only a personal choice 

4-2-3-1

Krul 

Aarons 

Hanley 

Omabamidele

Williams

Normann 

Gilmore 

Cantwell

Rashica

Dowell/tzolis

Pukki

I think we are still as a fan base expecting a lot from some very young players. When Gilmore was announced everyone was amazed but now some are saying he's usless. Let's look at this sensibly. He has changed club and that takes time. He is used to having Kante next to him. Let's be honest , when playing next to him Drinkwater looked good. Their is a very good player there but we have put every signing on such a pedestal  that I worry for the pressure they will be under. Some players are also changing country. I hope and pray people will be patient as all the signings have potential but still a lot to prove. We have not signed £30 million Premier league ready we have signed £10 million Premier league potential. 

16 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

To be fair to Dixon and sourness, he did struggle with the pace of the game for the first 20 minutes, I thought he would be shagged out by half time, but he really grew into it and was a full on dynamo 2nd half... I suspect the issue is as much still getting used to the farkes tactical intricacies as the pace of the game

• Like 1

On 02/09/2021 at 10:41, Move Klose said:

What will we see:

Krul

McLean Gilmour PLM

Rashica Pukki Cantwell

Krul

Normann Mclean

Rashica Gilmour Tzolis

Pukki

Gilmour deeper instead of McLean as injury. Cantwell in the no10 role. Why are people leaving todd out of line ups?

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Why are people leaving todd out of line ups?

Because Tzolis was a major part of the 6 goal annihilation of Bournemouth, I expect?

Everyone seems to be leaving out our potentially record signing. 

Krul

Kabak Hanley Gibson

Aarons Gilmore Normann Williams

Rashica Pukki Cantwell

We are changing our proven formation to accommodate Gilmour.

Sorry, stick to 4 2 3 1. Gilmour at the moment looks like a square peg in a round hole

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Because Tzolis was a major part of the 6 goal annihilation of Bournemouth, I expect?

Bournemouth ressies and under 23s...I know what you're saying tho

44 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

We are changing our proven formation to accommodate Gilmour.

Sorry, stick to 4 2 3 1. Gilmour at the moment looks like a square peg in a round hole

This!!!!!!

I think a lot of posters are throwing PLM out of the team all too easily. He is an experienced player in a high level Ligue 1 side, I mean he was surely their captain for a reason. I'd like to see

Krul, Aarons, Gibson, Hanley, Giannoulis, Normann, Gimlour, PLM, Cantwell, Tzolis and Pukki.

However I think Farke will keep Tzolis on the bench in favour of Rashica and possibly start Williams.