Eight changes to the Arsenal line-up from the one that played Brentford.

I guess we’re playing their first team?

Can't say Farke doesn't fancy a brave call though, putting both Omo and Tzolis in. Not to mention dropping Cantwell, Rashica and Gilmour.

Can see why he's put Rupp there - Gilmour is not exactly the fastest of players and Rupp's pretty quick, if not necessarily quite as good at picking passes. Think McLean and Lees-Melou might be a little deeper, and also Williams might not push up quite as much. Get Tzolis the ball and let him at them.

I genuinely  thought they had made an error with the Pinkun write up when I saw this team. I can confidently say this is a shocking selection.  Which based on my track record means we are going to win 3-0.

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i just hope the team shows no respect and go after Arsenal  

put them under pressure and give them a hard game 

Perhaps this is the theory. Young hungry side with a point to prove. Dowell, Tzolis and Omo in and along them to show no respect. That central midfield looks dire though, I'm not one of his massive detractors but can't see how Rupp fits into it. Also Sorenson  is quickly winning the Luciano Becchio award for players that must be amazing cos we don't see them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Perhaps this is the theory. Young hungry side with a point to prove. Dowell, Tzolis and Omo in and along them to show no respect. That central midfield looks dire though, I'm not one of his massive detractors but can't see how Rupp fits into it. Also Sorenson  is quickly winning the Luciano Becchio award for players that must be amazing cos we don't see them. 

We Must Trust Farke he is the Professional , But i like you think that is a terrible team with the quality on the bench 

Nice to see Farke continuing to play to our weakness's by persisting with 4-3-3. 

Rashica in for Rupp, 4-2-3-1 and Dowell as a 10 is much more balanced and gives Pukki half a chance. 4-3-3 with Dowell or Cantwell out wide is stupid, it makes us toothless upfront and invites pressure onto an already weak defence. 

You do have to wonder how Sorensen maintains any level of motivation when it would seem almost every player is preferred in his natural position than himself. I can see Gunn playing DCM before Sorensen at this rate. If the first 4 games were free hits why punish our best players by dropping them for the first winnable. Even if we get a result there will be an opinion that it was achieve despite the weird selections rather than because of it, and that Arsenal were terrible of course. Anyway.. fingers crossed!

You've got to credit Farkes balls I suppose, the trouble with this line up is if we get thrashed he's going to get slaughtered now. Brave calls 

Amazing line up. With the best will in the world don't see us getting anything today.

38 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not so much at this level to be fair. It’s a strange line up and looks a bit powder puff in midfield. We wait and see though and all want something from this match. 

Not so much but I still remember the stick on here for the side he picked vs Man City at home...

13 minutes ago, mccanary said:

Well we seem to be doing OK. 

Home crowd gone very quiet. 

The midfield everyone on here has expertly decided was universally wrong done a great job protecting the back four in the initial barrage to be expected from Arsenal, developed a foothold in the game and ended up controlling the middle of the park.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hogesar said:

The midfield everyone on here has expertly decided was universally wrong done a great job protecting the back four in the initial barrage to be expected from Arsenal, developed a foothold in the game and ended up controlling the middle of the park.

Is almost like we are worse at this than a professional football manager entrusted to run Dortmunds youth team and who has been promoted twice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Is almost like we are worse at this than a professional football manager entrusted to run Dortmunds youth team and who has been promoted twice. 

This........every time. 😁!!

4 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Almost, but if we do end up losing this game its undoubtedly because Farke didn't listen to Keith from Taverham who's only knowledge of formations is the the order he planted his range of vegetables in on his allotment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Not so much but I still remember the stick on here for the side he picked vs Man City at home...

We can’t dine out on that win forever. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Almost, but if we do end up losing this game its undoubtedly because Farke didn't listen to Keith from Taverham who's only knowledge of formations is the the order he planted his range of vegetables in on his allotment.

Sorry Hogesar, I missed your post calling for cantwell and rashica to be dropped, to play rupp at DCM and leave Normann on the bench. Or is it that you believe opinions can only be voiced if they are in agreement with everything the club does?

if the only people who can post opinions on this site are ones with a grade A uefa coaching licence then I fear activity may drop a little!

38 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Sorry Hogesar, I missed your post calling for cantwell and rashica to be dropped, to play rupp at DCM and leave Normann on the bench. Or is it that you believe opinions can only be voiced if they are in agreement with everything the club does?

if the only people who can post opinions on this site are ones with a grade A uefa coaching licence then I fear activity may drop a little!

Sorry Keith.

How's your allotment getting on?

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sorry Keith.

How's your allotment getting on?

Not great if I’m honest Hogesar, yet to yield a single veg. The guy next to me keeps trying to tell me why he thinks everything dies but because he’s not Alan Tichmarsh I ain’t listening to a word he says!

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Not great if I’m honest Hogesar, yet to yield a single veg. The guy next to me keeps trying to tell me why he thinks everything dies but because he’s not Alan Tichmarsh I ain’t listening to a word he says!

Good reply 😀