Just now, norfolkngood said:

11 games last season he played in the PL , can he do it in the PL or can he just do in the championship ?

i am counting the pl games as that is the league we are in now 

To be fair, the whole team was dire at the end of the last item season. 

Pukki has earned the right for a few more games

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

He clearly doesn’t fancy him in Midfield, maybe he just doesn’t think he’s ready yet. I think if we had two DCMs he’s ripe for a loan to prove what he can do, wouldn’t be surprised to see him go out in January. Placheta is another that needs games.

Played well against Bournemouth, reserve team notwithstanding. I think the problem with Sörensen is that he looks like one of those players who only jumps as high as he needs to. The paradox is that this is often - but not always - a sign of genuine class.

Regardless of what you think of the team selection, that bench is probably the strongest I’ve ever seen for a league game, even without Sargent. We’ve come a long way in the last few years.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Played well against Bournemouth, reserve team notwithstanding. I think the problem with Sörensen is that he looks like one of those players who only jumps as high as he needs to. The paradox is that this is often - but not always - a sign of genuine class.

That’s why I think he just needs a run of games somewhere. Unfortunately doesn’t look like that’s here, at least this season.

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

11 games last season he played in the PL , can he do it in the PL or can he just do in the championship ?

i am counting the pl games as that is the league we are in now 

11 goals last PL campaign for one of the worst PL teams of all time. Plus prolific for Finland for a few years. Have a little faith and you cant write him off yet.

It baffles me that Rupp must impress more than Sorenson in training that he always gets a starting place ahead of Sorenson!

Happy to see Tzolis and Dowell in there. I would also like to see Cantwell or Rashica at the expense of one of the CMs. I expect we'll see Normann at some point today and it's understandable that he wouldn't start. I just can't accept that this is our best midfield in both personnel and system. Bring back the 4-2-3-1! 

• Like 2

Remind me how many international games Todd has played in the last 10 days, that exerting U21 fixture maybe

He's picked that team for a reason. Full backs pick themselves. Omo and Granley I guess he has picked for speed and knows they have a reliable partnership.

Dowell for his free-kicks perhaps?

McLean and Rupp for workrate and the former for heading and unlucky against Leicester. 

Surprised at the absence of both Rashica and Cantwell. Gilmour dropped for physique perhaps, preferring Lees-Melou.

Not sure why you wouldnt want Normann or Rashica on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farke's done a cracking job of making the majority of posters on here looking as thick as pig sh*t at least a couple of times so i'll wait and see how this plays out. 

Not so much at this level to be fair. It’s a strange line up and looks a bit powder puff in midfield. We wait and see though and all want something from this match. 

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Regardless of what you think of the team selection, that bench is probably the strongest I’ve ever seen for a league game, even without Sargent. We’ve come a long way in the last few years.

No good to us if the game's already got away. There's players on that bench who should blatantly be starting

• Like 2

Rupp must have nudes of Farke

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Farke getting absolutely slated on Soccer Saturday for that line up 😂😂

Lee Hendrie was talking the usual lazy ****e but Merson was surprisingly right in my view. Gilmour and Cantwell being dropped is a big call. Honestly don't know what Rupp does to keep getting chances. Hopefully Normann will soon make that spot his own

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

It baffles me that Rupp must impress more than Sorenson in training that he always gets a starting place ahead of Sorenson!

It baffles me that training performances seem to count for more than match performances, Rupp has NEVER impressed even in the Championship, I couldn't give two ****s if he's the world's greatest trainer. 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

Bit worried about the middle part like most. However, In Farke I trust. If we can hold Arsenal back for 20 minutes or so, the crowd will turn and just look at that bench. Have we ever had such a strong bench? - Gunn, Gibson, Gilmour, Cantwell, Kabak, Normann, Rashica, Sorensen and Idah... and that's not even considering the Sergeant. It's insane. The longer this game goes on (if we can stay in the game) then more I think it could swing towards us.

Edited by Michael Starr

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Bit worried about the middle part like most. However, In Farke I trust. If we can hold Arsenal back for 20 minutes or so, the crowd will turn and just look at that bench. Have we ever had such a strong bench? - Gunn, Gibson, Gilmour, Cantwell, Kabak, Normann, Rashica, Sorensen and Idah... and that's not even considering the Sergeant. It's insane.

Agree about the bench. In fact in an 11v9 starters v bench match, I'd fancy the bench to thrash the starters even with 2 less players 😁

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Bit worried about the middle part like most. However, In Farke I trust. If we can hold Arsenal back for 20 minutes or so, the crowd will turn and just look at that bench. Have we ever had such a strong bench? - Gunn, Gibson, Gilmour, Cantwell, Kabak, Normann, Rashica, Sorensen and Idah... and that's not even considering the Sergeant. It's insane.

Noones complaining about the strength of the bench

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It baffles me that training performances seem to count for more than match performances, Rupp has NEVER impressed even in the Championship, I couldn't give two ****s if he's the world's greatest trainer. 

Well at least he's not playing on the wing this time..

Pretty sure I still get nightmares..

Guessing Omo getting a chance to impress before Kabak comes in. 

Dropping Rashica, Cantwell and Gilmour is a gentle kick to produce more end product. 

Always good to keep the players 'honest' and makes a big statement that no one place is guaranteed. 

Edited by Baracouda

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No good to us if the game's already got away. There's players on that bench who should blatantly be starting

Matter of opinion, Farke thinks they shouldn’t.

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

11 goals last PL campaign for one of the worst PL teams of all time. Plus prolific for Finland for a few years. Have a little faith and you cant write him off yet.

yes you are correct just concerned that he will not get the goals , i am sure if he gets one it will do him world of good but i just think sometimes try something else nor written off yet as he knows where the goal is of course in champs etc 

• Like 2

Just now, Baracouda said:

Dropping Rashica, Cantwell and Gilmour is a gentle kick to produce more end product. 

Lets hope that works. Cantwell and Rashica both capable of making an impact from the bench

1 minute ago, Baracouda said:

Well that doesn't make sense cuz Rupp never produces end product, yet Farke seems to find a starting place every week, even when we all know we have better players

Just now, unique said:

Having a strong bench is irrelevant when the manager is usually reluctant to make changes.

And until about 77 min